Duke4.net Forums: What have you been playing? (posting about Duke 3D maps) - Duke4.net Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you been playing? (posting about Duke 3D maps)

User is offline   geomancien 

In Duke Nukem 3D: Savior of Babes we will escape from this prison of hell infested with aliens :

Dans Duke Nukem savior of babes ,chapons-nous de ce sous-marin piégé pour nettoyer ce complexe toxique. n'hésitez pas à vous abonner pour faire évoluer la chaîne. merci les amis. https://youtu.be/U4wHLgkhYVc

User is offline   NNC 

I never understood the gore fetish in some of these amateurish half baked mods. It doesn't make the game any better, in fact, the exact opposite.

Hello everyone, I'm looking to develop my channel and attract as many people as possible, if you could subscribe to reach my goal of 200 subscriptions,
I'll make you a special video.
In the meantime, I leave you with this freshly released VOD:

Hello everyone, today we are cleaning this space station in Duke Nukem Savior of Babes,
my channel badly needs to be better referenced so do not hesitate to subscribe if you like the content.
Thank you everyone and see you soon.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Watchtower, on 11 March 2023 - 11:47 PM, said:

I never understood the gore fetish in some of these amateurish half baked mods. It doesn't make the game any better, in fact, the exact opposite.

I agree. I always felt that BUILD engine games did gore well enough as it is. Perhaps having gibs remain on the ground isn’t such a bad idea (leaves a trail for the player to remember where they’ve been if they get lost), but just making everything splash with red is a bit much for me personally.

This post has been edited by DNSKILL5: 24 March 2023 - 12:41 PM

Hello everyone ! If you are a fan of Duke Nukem 3D and VOD, then you will love my Youtube channel dedicated to this cult game.
Join me for epic games, tips and fun live moments! Subscribe now so you don't miss a thing!

Duke Nukem 3D in 3-player co-op finally available in this hilarious VOD on the new Roch map series,
come and subscribe to the channel so you don't miss the next multiplayer coming soon,
thank you all again for your support.

User is offline   jimbob 

been playing WG realms 1 and 2. great fun :)

View Postjimbob, on 04 April 2023 - 10:15 AM, said:

been playing WG realms 1 and 2. great fun :)

Cool! Do you mean Siege Breaker or Demon Throne?

New VOD available on Duke Nukem savior of babes, come and witness the ultimate carnage in this diabolical level, and don't hesitate to subscribe so you don't miss any of the next VODs, thank you all.
(Lives on the level WG Realms are coming soon too)

are you ready for co-op Duke?

Bonjour à tous, et vous n'avez pas encore vu cette VOD ? Pensez à vous abonner pour ne rien rater de la suite
https://youtu.be/h-C1QjP4oHU

User is offline   jimbob 

View PostWilliam Gee, on 04 April 2023 - 05:07 PM, said:

Cool! Do you mean Siege Breaker or Demon Throne?

demon throne.. you mean there's more? :)

how did you do the ship thing?

This post has been edited by jimbob: 24 April 2023 - 11:49 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjimbob, on 24 April 2023 - 11:48 AM, said:

how did you do the ship thing?

The "ship thing" sounds like a reference to Demon Throne which is the most recently packaged version of the WGR2 levels with new levels, effects and story added.

Assuming that is what you meant, the flying ship effect is created by having a stationary ship surrounded by walls/ceiling on all sides that have a special texture. In another part of the map, a special scripted camera sprite flies around following a route through part of the map. More code then does a number of things. The view from the camera is controlled by the player and pasted onto the surfaces with the special texture, creating the illusion that the ship is flying. The player's position on the ship is tracked and the sprite view is offset appropriately so that when you walk on the ship, the view moves appropriately. If the player jumps off of the ship, the player is seamlessly teleported to the corresponding relative location in the map. There is also some code for teleporting the cannonballs, so that if you fire the cannons on the ship, the cannonballs will shoot out into the corresponding part of the map and not hit the special textured walls around the ship.

User is offline   jimbob 

that is just amazing

View Postjimbob, on 24 April 2023 - 11:48 AM, said:

Good.
Demon Throne is the most up to date WGR2. Only reason I asked is cause some people play the very old out of date version that was siege breaker.

Hello everyone, come and discover the latest hilarious video in multi cooperation. Don't hesitate to help the channel by subscribing. Thank you for your support.

Hello everyone if you could give me your opinion on this Duke burger VOD:

User is online   ck3D 

Didn't play them since they're not public (yet), but this guy made those two maps in 1996 when he was 12, fuck me right:

User is offline   Anvil 

Pretty impressive maps.
The author noted he would upload these maps soon, but didn't.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

maybe you should give them a friendly reminder to upload them

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I have just posted a request for him to upload them on the YT video but I don't know if he'll notice. He has a twitter account mentioned on his YT but I don't use twitter, so...

User is offline   Forge 

View PostDanukem, on 19 November 2023 - 06:04 PM, said:

I have just posted a request for him to upload them on the YT video but I don't know if he'll notice. He has a twitter account mentioned on his YT but I don't use twitter, so...

same.
i posted on his yt around the same time i posted here earlier, but i don't have twit or facebook.
figured if enough people ask, he might respond

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 November 2023 - 09:21 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I commented on his video too, for whatever it's worth.

User is offline   Forge 

been 4 months since his youtube post.
starting to think he only posted curated videos to advertise his brand, and has no real intentions of ever uploading them.
he mentioned something about the game not being politically correct; that's sus and he probably doesn't want to offend the circle of people he mingles with.
same thing with geoffrey van dijk, he's now a conceptual artist and has distanced himself from the maps he used to make

User is online   ck3D 

Not making a thread because I'm not sure whether Loke is still around on here and I wouldn't want to rob them, but MSDN just published a new map they made: https://msdn.duke4.net/hotsikhl.php

Apparently the release is weeks old but I never saw the map posted anywhere on here (maybe that's my bad). Looks great either way, so much stuff releasing these days it's never been this difficult to keep up with everything since the mid 2000's I think and I love to see it.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 05 June 2024 - 10:53 AM

User is offline   Aleks 

Just played SIKHL last night and it's a great map, very strong and original visuals, engaging story (!) and rather challenging combat with pretty tight balance. Great attention was put to detailing and texturing - everything looks very "3D", from walls which have this "post-Quake" feeling with lots of slopes and trimming to clever use of TROR without being too "in your face". There are a lot of genuine and innovative use of textures, Loke takes all the advantage from texture rotation or sloped sprites and seamlessly combines all these "newer" techniques with good old "BobSP, but on steroids" kind of detailed design. Despite all this, the map still took me about 30 minutes to complete. Mikko mentioned in his review using "fog palettes" and indeed they are put to great use in some places to make them feel even more "alien" - as apparently we are infiltrating an alien base on Earth. There's also some elaborate detailing with "gradient" lights, the shadows are most of the time impeccable, yet never messing up the general room design or obscuring the view/exploration. I liked the effect of raising the water level at one point to get to a platform, I know this has been done before, but in this case, the water is TROR, obviously! The story we are following is another strong aspect - besides the viewscreens with messages from funnily named aliens (like Faccdis), there's also a fast and relentless blue creature that roams the base and its surroundings which can be briefly seen a few times until we finally get to meet it... The final is also quite creative, the boss fight alone might not be super challenging or innovative, but it's still a decent use of the boss monster and everything that leads up to it, especially the interaction, are on point. The combat doesn't spam us with monsters or impossible fights, but due to the stingy health and good monster placement, it still can hurt. I was positively surprised when it turned out that the massive supply I received before the boss battle could all be collected due to how perfectly balanced the ammo count was! I definitely can recommend this map to anyone, probably the best one I've played this year so far!

Rating: 95/100

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options