Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

So I have to ask: Do you get to carry over all your guns and equipment to each episode like in DN64 & the XBLA DN3D or does it end and go back to the main menu?

This post has been edited by AP Dukefan94: 03 November 2016 - 11:11 PM

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 02 November 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Also, they made all 5 bosses and the pigcop tank immune to flinching when hit by flamethrower projectiles.
(At least the hitstate isn't checked any more, which means that they also won't spawn blood or scrap when being hit by the flamethrower)

So that's what they change in the GAME.con

ifhitweapon {
	  ifwasweapon FLAMETHROWERFLAME {
		nullop
	  }
      else {
		state checkboss1hitstate
      }
	}

I wonder if I should make an update for my bossfix pack, and Dawn of the Pork World Tour version to include this new piece of code.

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 03 November 2016 - 09:16 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

That looks like prone to errors. If I am not mistaken, if you lower a boss health to zero with the flamethrower, they may become immortal.

View PostFox, on 03 November 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

That looks like prone to errors. If I am not mistaken, if you lower a boss health to zero with the flamethrower, they may become immortal.

I was starting to think about that actually. So pretty much if I'm not mistaken, they made things worse.

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 03 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

Doesn't the Incinerator deal no damage to (mini)bosses ? I thought that was the entire reason of this new code.
The issue was, it dealt no damage, but it looked like it did. Now it doesn't look like it does anymore.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 04 November 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostMetHy, on 04 November 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Doesn't the Incinerator deal no damage to (mini)bosses ? I thought that was the entire reason of this new code.
The issue was, it dealt no damage, but it looked like it did. Now it doesn't look like it does anymore.

It does deal damage to the bosses, but it's not the Incinerator's fireballs, it's the FireFly Flamethrower (Or so I believe). After doing some testing with the old GAME.con (Or with a mod that based on the old GAME.con)...

Attached Image: Roasting Battlelord.png (Yes I was using cheats this time to test this out)

They can actually get hurt from the Flamethrower. So Fox is right, this new code can make Bosses immortal if hit too much with the Flamethrower.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

So, time for another bugfix... when will Gearbox finally use someone who actually knows something about con coding?

User is offline   FistMarine 

This bug reminds me of the bug from Nuclear Winter expansion, where if Flying Frosty gets hurt enough times by Freezethrower, it will become invincible.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNightFright, on 04 November 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

So, time for another bugfix... when will Gearbox finally use someone who actually knows something about con coding?

... and they may want to, start at least, making the End Boss work.

last map, Hollywood ??
a. The cycloid mini bosses, at the tunnel, kill them self shooting at the cars trying to hit me.
b. and the End Boss on top, walks a bit more now, but is still no threat to the player. And I ain't no good to begin with. Me == Old Fart ;)

Please note, I don't use the flame thrower. It's ineffective for me. And no need, the maps provide sufficient ammo from 'conventional' weapons.
Once you have the shrinker for example, one good shot at the mini Battle Lord and you can step on it.

added
This image shows the two mini Bosses from point a.
Posted Image

I did not fire one shot at the dead one.
The second one behind the car will fire at me, and it too will be killed by its own weapon, shooting at the 'car' while aiming at me.
This may be a minor oversight, but it hints, that no one play tested the maps.

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostNightFright, on 04 November 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

That's not fair, it sounds like a glitch very unlikely to happen and an easy oversight. Besides the original game too has this kind of stuff, like shrunk enemies that don't grow back and act normally.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 04 November 2016 - 08:29 AM

I just noticed that the Firefly actually does use the crouching state - and fires standard Trooper Firelasers when it does so.

Confirmed:
Attached Image: Immortal Battlelord.png
I used the updated GAME.con and made a map with a Battlelord and a Firefly. I hurted the Battlelord a bit then let the Firefly hurt him some more to finish him off, and when that happened he became immortal. Oh Gearbox, You like to screw things up don't you. ;)

View PostDoom64hunter, on 04 November 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

I just noticed that the Firefly actually does use the crouching state - and fires standard Trooper Firelasers when it does so.

This had happened to me a few times actually, it's a rare occurrence. I've made a post on this a while back.

View PostJolteon, on 13 October 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

Attachment firefly.png

It seems as though Fireflies can duck, but it was a rare occurrence though. I'm not sure but I think I saw them firing the normal lasers while ducking like lizard troopers though instead of a flamethrower (It did looked like it though, but it was hard to tell since the lizard troopers were around).

User is offline   Hank 

a shot from my fav map of World Tour
Posted Image
Why post it? Just because.

User is offline   Steve 64 

is that a problem mini shrinking super fast?

User is offline   MetHy 

Someone's uploading Duke It Out in DC on the workshop.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Oh God, please no...

User is offline   Hank 

I noticed on another thread, about the textures ...
Here is a sample when a poor looking texture and its Normal map is run with another renderer. I used Blender, with one light.

Posted Image

Looks to me the textures, at 128*128, is not that bad?

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

You can't really see what it's doing.
Can you post the tiles and I'll try them out in something else?

User is offline   Hank 

@ Tea Monster
Below are the tiles, extracted via DukeRes
Attached File  021-005.bmp (17.05K)
Number of downloads: 28
Attached File  5381_n.bmp (48.05K)
Number of downloads: 26

All I'm saying, the texture looks much better when the normals are applied.

This post has been edited by Hank: 06 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

• Polymancer

Thanks Hank!

Here they are in Marmoset Toolbag.

I wasn't a big fan of using normal maps with 128 pixel images when it was tried with Polymer, and this hasn't changed my mind. It's difficult to see the effect without any specular content on the maps.

Here is the map with heightened specular on the right so you can see the maps more clearly.

Posted Image

Here is what it looks like with just the normal map. The low res dosen't do it any favours.

Posted Image

Oh, note to Hendricks and those constructing a way of playing WT in EDuke, bear in mind that the normal maps for World Tour have been swizzled to -y. So to make them work with Polymer, you'll need to invert the green channel of the normal map.

Finally, here is the texture with and without the normal map. I've amped the spec qualities of the left one with the normal map so you can see it a bit more clearly.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 06 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTea Monster, on 06 November 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Oh, note to Hendricks and those constructing a way of playing WT in EDuke, bear in mind that the normal maps for World Tour have been swizzled to -y. So to make them work with Polymer, you'll need to invert the green channel of the normal map.

Ah, thanks for letting me know.

• Polymancer

No problem. I was going to post in the thread. It should be easy to set up an action in Photoshop to do this. It might be easier in EDuke to do this in software - having some coded that flips the channel in the renderer when it notes that it is displaying maps from World Tour.

I can imagine that having two sets of identically named sprites that aren't easily identifiable is going to be a huge pain in the arse.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostTea Monster, on 06 November 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Thanks Hank!

Here they are in Marmoset Toolbag.

I wasn't a big fan of using normal maps with 128 pixel images when it was tried with Polymer, and this hasn't changed my mind. It's difficult to see the effect without any specular content on the maps.

You're welcome, and thanks for the more detailed break down.
Yes, 128 px is very low, I can't help but wondering, looking at your samples, if the textures had the same fate as the sounds. :mellow:

This post has been edited by Hank: 06 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 15 November 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

Tried to make a better Incinerator than Nerve Software. Based off of Cage's beta plasma rifle. Used Ben Bradley's idea from his God of War mod to use the Caribbean Shotgun's tank as a flamethrower tank. (Did my own version of that though.) Used Ben Bradley's ammo pickup, and cleaned it up a bit. The gun and it's pickup was mostly composed of 3DR materials to keep it feeling close to the game as possible. Here are all my working materials in case someone thinks they could do something better.

Posted Image

Here's a random question, someone might have asked this before but I'm too lazy to go back and see, but would you accept the original expansions as DLC for World Tour?

User is offline   funduke 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 15 November 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

Here's a random question, someone might have asked this before but I'm too lazy to go back and see, but would you accept the original expansions as DLC for World Tour?

Yes.

Alternatively, it might be great. to merge them into the game completely, so that all the levels from Nuclear Winter, Carribean Carnage, DukeItOut in DC, Duke!Zone 2 and DukeXtreme would be accesssible from the same menue within the game, but also all enemies and weapons from those add-ons should be active paralelly at the same time, so that users could make levels with enemies from for example nuclear winter, carribean carnage and duke xtreme at the same time in them.

Greetings
Funduke

This post has been edited by funduke: 15 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

User is offline   NNC 

The Incinerator looks good as it is in the official game. It's an alternative to the Freezer, so it might look similar more or less (like the Expander is similar to the Shrinker). Besides, original Flamethrower looked like almost the same as the Freezer, so it's more authentic than a weird Caribbean shotgun like thing seen in Jimmy's pics. I don't get the big deal. It's an excellent weapon, and I already modified some original maps, like Bank Roll or Hotel Hell to add it for a fun gameplay. It works best against Pigcops and Enforcers at closer range. From the new levels, Tour de Nukem totally rules with this weapon.

And as Tour de Nukem got mentioned, anyone noticed the Sewer/Sweeney references in it? For example, that small red rotating "door" locked by yellow keycard is the same as the ones in the two unreleased levels. Also the sewage area has a similar explosion than the ones in Sewer. I think Levelord might thought that level is somewhat of a rehash of Sewer, one of his best maps ever (well, if it was properly finished, and bugfixed). I still hope for a new updated version of that map in the future though, since it's not part of the official episodes.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 15 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 15 November 2016 - 10:29 AM, said:

As a free update sure, but I don't see a situation where they try to charge for it where they don't get even more shade thrown at them. People were already taken aback by there being yet another Duke 3D re-release, much or less this one costing 20 bucks.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostNancsi, on 15 November 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

The Incinerator looks good as it is in the official game. It's an alternative to the Freezer, so it might look similar more or less (like the Expander is similar to the Shrinker). Besides, original Flamethrower looked like almost the same as the Freezer, so it's more authentic than a weird Caribbean shotgun like thing seen in Jimmy's pics. I don't get the big deal. It's an excellent weapon, and I already modified some original maps, like Bank Roll or Hotel Hell to add it for a fun gameplay. It works best against Pigcops and Enforcers at closer range. From the new levels, Tour de Nukem totally rules with this weapon.

Looks like a shit Doom mod recolour to me.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 15 November 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Looks like a shit Doom mod recolour to me.

We have different tastes then. Recolour or not, it fits the original art style pretty well, while that Carribean Shotgun would look awful and get massive criticism if it was used in a commercial product. The same goes for that awkward Cycloid I've seen couple of pages ago.

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options