Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - Duke4.net Forums

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

By the way Lunick, I'm the one who made those new Wiki pages on Duke Nukem Wikia, so I wasn't sure if "Tour De Nukem" had a lowercase for "de" or not. Sorry about that mistake if it can't be corrected.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 15 October 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

By the way Lunick, I'm the one who made those new Wiki pages on Duke Nukem Wikia, so I wasn't sure if "Tour De Nukem" had a lowercase for "de" or not. Sorry about that mistake if it can't be corrected.

I have no idea either, I guess it doesn't matter too much since you can't tell the difference in-game.

View PostHendricks266, on 15 October 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

They're all present in the DUKE3D.GRP that comes with World Tour.

I've mentioned in a couple posts that grpX isn't working for me in Windows 10, are there other programs that can extract grps?

View PostNightFright, on 15 October 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

I had also posted the soundfiles on the HRP website. They are the ones in voc format, converted by LeoD.

Thanks for putting this together, it's not working for me though. Any tips on making it work? If this doesn't fit in here I have a couple other recent topics about audio replacement issues open. I extracted the files into the autoload folder, but eDuke isn't using any of them. Using eduke 5775 (the one recommended for your addons comp, though another copy of that folder).

I have enable autoload folder selected, and I've tried deleting the sc55 music that was in there (which has def files) just to experiment, etc. I've moved some of the unused folder ones (that differ from originals) in with the rest in the autoload folder like the pistol one so it's easier to tell that it's not working. Seems def files would be helpful, since as I've noticed otherwise earlier, just having something named pistol.voc for example in the root or autoload directory doesn't mean eDuke is going to use it. Tested in 5888 also.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

User is offline   Steve 64 

Is that suppose to happen on world tour when aliens don't count as kills when you ran them over with cart?
here is a video of what I am talking about as you can see I ran them over with the cart and the kills didn't count I know if they get killed by there own allies it counts even if I smash there dead bodies in doors it count as a kill

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 15 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

User is offline   FistMarine 

View PostDemon Duke, on 15 October 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Is that suppose to happen on world tour when aliens don't count as kills when you ran them over with cart?
here is a video of what I am talking about as you can see I ran them over with the cart and the kills didn't count I know if they get killed by there own allies it counts even if I smash there dead bodies in doors it count as a kill

That's a bug in original Duke3D as well. I noticed that some time ago when playing some user maps in EDuke32 that had trains and killed monsters, they didn't count as kill and because of that, you won't reach all kills unless you kill some monsters that aren't counted as enemy but still count as killed, such as eggs and sharks I think.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFistMarine, on 15 October 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

That's a bug in original Duke3D as well. I noticed that some time ago when playing some user maps in EDuke32 that had trains and killed monsters, they didn't count as kill and because of that, you won't reach all kills unless you kill some monsters that aren't counted as enemy but still count as killed, such as eggs and sharks I think.

Yeah it's because the addkills scripting command is what is responsible for counting a monster kill, but when monsters are killed by trains, they are immediately deleted before the script has a chance to work. We can do workarounds in EDuke32 mods, but it would have been better if train kills were treated like door squishings (which are detected by scripting). EDIT: They may have done it that way because allowing the scripting system to handle it would have created a 1/30th of a second delay, which could result in visual glitches (e.g. a monster appearing inside the train before getting squished) or the monster surviving unintentionally.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 15 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

On World Tour sound replacement, for the record (for science), while the pistol.voc that I got from a Sixty Four map works in World Tour when renamed to pistol.ogg, doing the same for the pistol.voc from that PSX audio pack doesn't work, pistol fires silent. Seems odd predicting which files will or won't be read by these games. But on the other hand, renaming the pistol.wav (from the wav version of PSX audio posted) to pistol.ogg does work. (my fav pistol sound is the n64 version for the record, nice smoothness to it)

It seems possible that renaming all those wavs to oggs will make a suitable audio fix pack for people in World Tour. To make sure I've renamed a few more of those SOUND003.wav PSX files to their right .ogg names and popped them into World Tour, they've all worked so far.

I notice both that PSX wav pack and NightFright/LeoD's PSX voc pack don't include sound 393, bang1, for example. This sound stuff sure is confusing. Comparing a bunch of sound effects is kind of a good way to wind down for the night though. ;)

[To answer a previous mystery, I think the pistol.voc from Sixty Four's ForeverDoom map is actually a re-named .wav file, since it has the same number of bytes as the PSX wav version. Also it plays in Foobar2000 when renamed to wav, where as voc files don't play in Foobar2000 for me.]

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 15 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

Obviously the Total Meltdown sounds aren't complete since it doesn't include Atomic edition.
It also doesn't have some of the Duke talk from 1.3D for whatever reason.

I'm working on a pack to restore the audio quality. I've got the PSX sounds identified already, but I think some of the ones you hear ingame in eduke32 still sound better, most notably the pistol reload sounds.

What kind of magic does the DOS executable and eduke use anyways to make the .voc files sound so much better than when extracted?

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostNightFright, on 15 October 2016 - 08:22 AM, said:

Actually I had already wondered if something was missing in that map, even without listening to the developer commentary. That area with the collapsed wall was obviously leading somewhere. Now it all makes sense.

You know I'm actually wondering the same about two other places in Levelord maps : the apartment building corridor upstairs in Red Ruckus; and that small path in Bloody Hell in the first area, that one near the blue keycard door leading up, exactly where the Enforcer is.

On the topic of beta version of NWO maps and potential cut things, another thing I'd love to see would be the TROR version of Golden Carnage. In the dev commentary Allen Blum mentions that's how it used to be but it got taken out because "nobody noticed the difference and it wasn't that big of a deal", personally I think the main reason is probably because Nerve probably wouldn't be able (or couldn't be arsed) to recreate TROR but whatever.
Sadly that's an example of the design mentality of this episode, in which they did things by re-using existing effects in an awesome way (the usermap way), rather than coming up with new effects. I think officially having TROR in DN3D would have been great.

It's funny because Blum mentions EDuke32's TROR is like what they used to have in Shadow Warrior. I know he's only saying this because there is no need to get too technical as most people wouldn't care and it's not even a feature that's in the final game, but technically speaking I can tell you you'd have a hard time doing something the scale of Golden Carnage with SW's RoR, it may even be impossible, and if it is it'd probably have aweful framerate even on modern computers.

But that's beside the point, the point is I'd love to see that version of the map, but I know it's very unlikely, but it could make for a very fun map to play with the jetpack. This being said I do love the final version of the map.

View PostJimmy Gnosis, on 15 October 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

Upvoted for this hilarious gif. I love you.

I saved it from this very forum but I don't remember who made it, actually I thought it was you.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 01:35 AM

Spoiler

User is offline   LkMax 

View Posthismasterplan, on 16 October 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Spoiler

I wouldn't get my hopes up. (of course I'd love a PC port, but, you know...)

User is offline   The Kins 

View Posthismasterplan, on 16 October 2016 - 03:02 AM, said:

Spoiler

I don't know if it plays in-game, but there's a line of dialogue that's actually a set up for the punchline that the ending tries to be.
Spoiler

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Kins, on 16 October 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

I don't know if it plays in-game, but there's a line of dialogue that's actually a set up for the punchline that the ending tries to be.
Spoiler

It plays when BOSS5 is seen by the player.

Has Gearbox acknowledged the bugs?

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I don't think Gearbox cares about the bugs

User is offline   Wolf 

I guess World Tour wasn't always gonna be World Tour?

Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMetHy, on 16 October 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

You know I'm actually wondering the same about two other places in Levelord maps : the apartment building corridor upstairs in Red Ruckus; and that small path in Bloody Hell in the first area, that one near the blue keycard door leading up, exactly where the Enforcer is.

I just had a look at the map in Mapster, and there is actually a path there, except it only opens with a PAL3 Touchplate at the start of the room on the scene, so it's DM only.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

User is offline   Wolf 

I couldn't resist. The moment I got my hands on WT I had to bring over my favorite TC for D3D.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I can't wait to start adding lights!

User is offline   MetHy 

Fun fact: if you freeze an Octobrian while he's burning; then wait for him to unfreeze; he'll be back with the red palette (though without burning). Haven't tried with other enemies.

Also earlier I mentionned seeing a small texture#0 when a Firefly exploded, well I just witnessed something similar with a red liztroop. My RPG rocket hit it while he was teleporting (instead of going right through him, which I think is the regular behaviour), it exploded and one of the gibs was texture#0.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

So I just finished the new episode. The levels look great with the new renderer but ass with the old one. I don't think I can go back to the old renderer either.

It really isn't harder than The Birth; in fact, the Incinerator made most things a piece of cake. The only difficult parts I think are Prima Arena and close-range encounters with Fireflies. Personally, I liked the Fireflies because the old Trooper poses are cooler than the LizTroop's.

There's a part in the last level where the dual Mini Cycloids kill themselves by blasting the cars. Also, I think they got the placements wrong; shouldn't the mini Overlords be where the mini Cycloids are and vice versa? I got a feeling they switched places because of the BOSS2/BOSS3 thing.

Also, anyone know how to get into park that has Protozoid Slimer Eggs in Bloody Hell?

User is offline   ---- 

View PostPikaCommando, on 16 October 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

Also, anyone know how to get into park that has Protozoid Slimer Eggs in Bloody Hell?

No joke: Jump over the fence.

EDIT:
No, really, try it. It looks too high, but you can jump over it.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 16 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostPikaCommando, on 16 October 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

There's a part in the last level where the dual Mini Cycloids kill themselves by blasting the cars. Also, I think they got the placements wrong; shouldn't the mini Overlords be where the mini Cycloids are and vice versa? I got a feeling they switched places because of the BOSS2/BOSS3 thing.

That's an interesting thought, but it doesn't really work. The Overlords rockets do seem to have an easier time going over the cars, however as long as you stay directly behind the cars, they won't fire anything at all and instead keep walking against the cars or try to find a way to get to you.
The thing is, for them to shoot at you normally, some enemies in the game need to have clear path at their feet (and not at their eyes, or at where the projectiles come from), so the cars are trouble due to that behaviour. The Cycloid is fine there, but not the Overlord.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostMetHy, on 16 October 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

That's an interesting thought, but it doesn't really work. The Overlords rockets do seem to have an easier time going over the cars, however as long as you stay directly behind the cars, they won't fire anything at all and instead keep walking against the cars or try to find a way to get to you.
The thing is, for them to shoot at you normally, some enemies in the game need to have clear path at their feet (and not at their eyes, or at where the projectiles come from), so the cars are trouble due to that behaviour. The Cycloid is fine there, but not the Overlord.

The Overlord also kills himself in Prima Arena as well. They really messed up the programming in this game. ;)

Also PikaCommando, that's why I like Prima Arena as well. It's actually genuinely challenging without constantly bombarding you with Mini-bosses.

This post has been edited by AdrenalinDragon: 16 October 2016 - 09:53 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Huh, I thought Prima Arena was the absolute most easiest map in the whole episode.

User is offline   MetHy 

I think it depends on where you go and what you do first. This can be an issue with maps which have a lot of freedom.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostWolf, on 16 October 2016 - 09:09 AM, said:

I couldn't resist. The moment I got my hands on WT I had to bring over my favorite TC for D3D.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I can't wait to start adding lights!

Are you saying that TC works with the World Tour? Besides the current bugs of World Tour, is it playable?

So I've been listening to the Dev Commentary, and the aliens in AWO were going to team up with ISIS? That sounds fucking awesome (and also stupid, but so is destroying world landmarks for an alien world order).

I wish they would further expand on the Duke lore. Could be some really interesting shit.

Also, since this is a 20th anniversary game, shouldn't they include all the concept art and 3D renders for the game? I'd like to see the rationale behind the Slimers and why they eat up other aliens, or even what LameDuke's plot was going to be.

User is offline   Wolf 

View PostHank, on 16 October 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

Are you saying that TC works with the World Tour? Besides the current bugs of World Tour, is it playable?

Yes, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one specific thing was causing the constant errors. WT doesn't have an output log so you won't ever see anything other than "Error in GAME.CON" and a forced quit, even if you scan the executable's memory.

So, I just went through and fixed errors/bugs and cleaned up the code so it wasn't throwing any warnings when loaded in eD32, and after a while I got it to work with WT.

Really, the only thing WT seems to require is an extra value for "gamestartup" at the end for the maximum amount of incinerator ammo.

The opening movie and menus don't work, but thankfully WT's menu system is incredibly robust. It's also tied with the HUD, so you can customize your hud however you want! You can add markers for keycards or level stats - stuff like that.

So, I'm creating new menus for the mod in HD, with all the cool bells and whistles WT will be able to afford me.

---------

Oh, and the other part of your question - yes, it's completely playable. I thought for sure the audio engine would have a fit with it, but it's all worked entirely flawlessly so far. No stacking ambient sounds, no random cut-outs, nothin'!

This post has been edited by Wolf: 16 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

Video with Locked Door sounds

User is offline   Hank 

View PostWolf, on 16 October 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Yes, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one specific thing was causing the constant errors. WT doesn't have an output log so you won't ever see anything other than "Error in GAME.CON" and a forced quit, even if you scan the executable's memory.

So, I just went through and fixed errors/bugs and cleaned up the code so it wasn't throwing any warnings when loaded in eD32, and after a while I got it to work with WT.

Really, the only thing WT seems to require is an extra value for "gamestartup" at the end for the maximum amount of incinerator ammo.

The opening movie and menus don't work, but thankfully WT's menu system is incredibly robust. It's also tied with the HUD, so you can customize your hud however you want! You can add markers for keycards or level stats - stuff like that.

So, I'm creating new menus for the mod in HD, with all the cool bells and whistles WT will be able to afford me.

---------

Oh, and the other part of your question - yes, it's completely playable. I thought for sure the audio engine would have a fit with it, but it's all worked entirely flawlessly so far. No stacking ambient sounds, no random cut-outs, nothin'!

Well, this made my day. I wish I had the ability to give +100. For now accept my simple thanks. :D;):(

Share this topic:

• 114 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options