Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 86 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

User is offline   CRAZYCOW 

View PostDefrago, on 23 January 2017 - 04:28 AM, said:

Is there some kind of savegame editor for this game? Opened one with Notepad++ and first half were unrecognized symbols and second half are lots of scripts code. Things I wanna perform are changing difficulty mid-level, amount of ammo and more

no.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

There's always a hex editor, pattern-recognition skills, and experimentation...

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 24 January 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

There's always a hex editor, pattern-recognition skills, and experimentation...

Man I hate hex hacking...changes some values may not too hard but take time and sometimes it annoying...did a DOS game hacking mod but then gave up because it made my head messed up even I recorded every changes I made but it still PITA when tracking them...... :(

I'm the guy at 3DRealms Forum...

http://forums.3dreal...mber.php?u=3816

Sometimes, I act like a stupid asshole. I know, and I'm sorry about that. :(

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 25 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

User is online   Jblade 

Somebody's uploaded all of the Duke hard maps individually to the Steam workshop, and hasn't bothered to actually list who did what maps (He just put by Duke4 community in the description) I've said something in the comments for my map but I'm sure if more people get on his case he might actually put a bit more effort in.

User is online   MetHy 

That's not cool by me, the maps are meant to be played as an episode and you're missing a lot like this (intro, outro and credits, randomizer, secret map, stat screen, etc, he didn't even include the musics). Plus who knows what effects we used that don't behave the same in WT. Plus his presentation is lazy. I'll try and do something about it.

edit: i kindly asked him to remove them after explaining that they're meant to be played as an ep, in EDuke32, and that players are losing a lot by playing it through the workshop. So he did remove them.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 28 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   stumppy84 

Good, and thanks Methy for doing that!

User is offline   Nancsi 

I noticed there are no cyclers in the new episode. Well, that's not exactly true, there is one in High Times (that weird spotlighted area in the coffee shop has a cycler). Strange, all other episodes are full of them. I know there are less shadows due to the new point light system, but cyclers are different. They can make even dull sectors look cool.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 2200

Hey, popping in here for a moment. I've searched the Internet, this thread, and whatnot and I couldn't find things relating to this specific bug. Though there seems to be wonky issues with the use\open key anyway as they changed the use key... hitbox? Anyway, here's a video:

I imagine bug reporting to Gearbox is probably useless, but anybody find\report this bug yet?

I've only tested it with this elevator, but I do believe that this happens elsewhere. The last thing you pressed use on activates by pressing the key while looking at a key card reader. If you press use on a wall or just anywhere with no interactivity, it will reset to normal as far as I can tell.

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6770K @ 4.0 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 TI
RAM: 16 GB DDR4

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 28 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

User is online   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Duke's force powers from the Duke Forces mod are leaking over into WT.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 2200

Ah I really need to get back into the Duke community more. I don't know what that mod is. As for a more technical explanation, I suspect they store things that you can open in a pointer and they don't reset it after the action is completed. It's strange, you can do this before and after you swipe the key card. Anywho, I was bored, and figured I'd ask. It seemed way too obvious to have gone unnoticed. O.o

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6770K @ 4.0 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 TI
RAM: 16 GB DDR4

User is online   Commando Nukem 

• Judge Mental

Have we heard anything on the origin of the Firefly Trooper enemy?

It looks a lot like some of the concept art for the original Alien Trooper designs, so i'm curious if they dusted off an old model and rerendred some sprites, or if thye had some sprites of the older trooper designs and simply used those?

Duke Nukem The Series onYoutube Facebook and Duke4net!
Come Get Some!

User is offline   Lunick 

• Snazzy Tazzy

TerminX sent them sprites for it and in the art files, there are plenty of unused tiles that shows it is a prototype assault trooper

Share this topic:

• 86 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2004-2016 Duke4.net and Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options