Duke4.net Forums: MBTI Personality Types - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MBTI Personality Types  "A thread about MBTI types."

Poll: MBTI Personality Types (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Type?

1. ESTJ (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. ESTP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. ESFJ (1 votes [3.70%])

4. ESFP (0 votes [0.00%])

5. ENTP (0 votes [0.00%])

6. ENTJ (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. ENFP (1 votes [3.70%])

8. ENFJ (1 votes [3.70%])

9. ISTJ (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

10. ISTP (2 votes [7.41%])

11. ISFJ (0 votes [0.00%])

12. ISFP (0 votes [0.00%])

13. INTP (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

14. INTJ (1 votes [3.70%])

15. INFP (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

16. INFJ (2 votes [7.41%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 08 August 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Yeah, MBTI has in total 16 personalities, differentiating themselves in Introversion - Extroversion, iNtuition - Sensing, Thinking - Feeling and Judging - Perceiving. Though it's not really reliable, as your mood affects the tests' results and you can end up getting multiple results being the same person.

I think the idea is that you're supposed to respond with how you feel the majority of the time, or long-term. There are definitely times I feel fairly extroverted, but overall I'd classify myself as an introvert and find socializing for extended periods draining.

User is offline   juvenite 

View PostMicky C, on 08 August 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

I think the idea is that you're supposed to respond with how you feel the majority of the time, or long-term. There are definitely times I feel fairly extroverted, but overall I'd classify myself as an introvert and find socializing for extended periods draining.

This is more of a personal thing, but your mood can confuse you with some questions, mainly if you question your habits a lot. ( I will use myself as an example) A lot of the questions there have interpersonal contexts, and I act really differently among them than I would do alone. Of course everyone does that to some degree, but I seek for self authenticity and normally (without shyness) I would act more like when I'm alone, more authentic. I'd act authentic in front of people if I was in a really great mood, but that rarely happens.
What I'm saying is, these tests, even if you respond them with how you feel most times, may not be really accurate as some of us usually don't feel, know or express what we would truly, authentically feel in a situation, and it can lead to misinterpretations and mistypings. MBTI also tends to generalize a lot.

I hope I made my point and that made sense...

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 08 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

Of course if you are crazy, you might be read as anything at any time. :P

I think I would test different a lot. Some questions might even be 100% inverted I think, after reading some of them again... but maybe not.

Introvert, extrovert... I can be either of those at different times... and other verts, like pervert. (YAY!)

CatNapDreams

View PostCatNapDreams, on 08 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Of course if you are crazy, you might be read as anything at any time. :P

I think I would test different a lot. Some questions might even be 100% inverted I think, after reading some of them again... but maybe not.

Introvert, extrovert... I can be either of those at different times... and other verts, like pervert. (YAY!)

CatNapDreams

My results depend on how I feel at the moment. I got INFJ once, and there's a lot of mistyping between INFPs and INFJs, so I'm a bit confused whether I'm an INFJ or INFP... Though I think I really am an INFP.
Ops, I'm talking too much about myself, sorry, I didn't mean to be a self-centered bitch.

Hehe, you're not alone =]

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 09 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostHank, on 08 August 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

Ah. Yes, we are getting closer. Changing personalities!
I started with a little handicap, stuttering, and growing up in the JW cult. I was very, very reclusive. Then I started to control my stuttering and volunteered in making speeches in the JW Kingdom Hall. Long story short .... I'm still reclusive, when I get the chance, but can also introduce myself to total strangers and deal with people from all walks of life. Thus, who am I? I'm Hank, still changing.
I think anyone can change to who ever one wants to be, not what the test says one is. :P

Sorry, what's this JW cult? How can you talk to strangers without any problems? Tell me your secrets Posted Image
For me the reverse happened, I used to be more open, more extroverted, less shy and now I almost have a heart attack talking to strangers, and I love to admire nature, music and such... All alone, mostly Posted Image
And yes, humans are way more complex than personality tests.

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 09 August 2016 - 09:13 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 09 August 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Sorry, what's this JW cult? How can you talk to strangers without any problems? Tell me your secrets Posted Image

JW stands for Jehovah's Witnesses. Their prime source of income is to publish and sell literature. One can donate cash also. Elder(s) (leaders of a congregation) usually help with financing the local Kingdom Hall (church) as well. Once you are baptized, you are expected to witness a minimum amount of hours. And you do that witnessing by selling the latest Watchtower and Awake, anyway you wish. To help you selling (witnessing), you will be taught, just like a sales person, how to make friends, overcome objections and then close the deal. In addition, books are being sold to the all the members, to aid in further understanding the Word of God, as interpreted by the anointed one's (the cardinals of the JW).
The point here is: One's you freed yourself from this cult (religion or whatever you want to call it) you are very much a well trained negotiator, salesman, speaker etc.
The top secret for success - get JW training :P

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 09 August 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

For me the reverse happened, I used to be more open, more extroverted, less shy and now I almost have a heart attack talking to strangers, and I love to admire nature, music and such... All alone, mostly Posted Image
And yes, humans are way more complex than personality tests.

Maybe it's just a phase to find a new direction? Alone, can be good also, well, for a while.
-
Sure, humans are complex, and trying to organize them into pigeon holes is tough. There is also a difference between how one sees oneself, and how one is seen. I think they (psychologist) should make tests for wife/husband or girl/boyfriend. Let your partner answer questions about you.

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostHank, on 09 August 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

[/font]JW stands for Jehovah's Witnesses. Their prime source of income is to publish and sell literature. One can donate cash also. Elder(s) (leaders of a congregation) usually help with financing the local Kingdom Hall (church) as well. Once you are baptized, you are expected to witness a minimum amount of hours. And you do that witnessing by selling the latest Watchtower and Awake, anyway you wish. To help you selling (witnessing), you will be taught, just like a sales person, how to make friends, overcome objections and then close the deal. In addition, books are being sold to the all the members, to aid in further understanding the Word of God, as interpreted by the anointed one's (the cardinals of the JW).
The point here is: One's you freed yourself from this cult (religion or whatever you want to call it) you are very much a well trained negotiator, salesman, speaker etc.
The top secret for success - get JW training :P

Oh, I know them! I didn't recognize though lol
So, it's a religious thing... One of my weaknesses. I'm not religious, and plus, I'd have to interact with total strangers, and sell things (delicious food for anxiety). That'd surely be hell for me!

I think I'll stick with the internet and instant messengers. Posted Image

Hank said:

Maybe it's just a phase to find a new direction? Alone, can be good also, well, for a while.

Sure, humans are complex, and trying to organize them into pigeon holes is tough. There is also a difference between how one sees oneself, and how one is seen. I think they (psychologist) should make tests for wife/husband or girl/boyfriend. Let your partner answer questions about you.

Probably. We never stop learning and changing. Personal growth is an endless path! And that depends, from person to person. I love loneliness, but I have my extroverted moments. Posted Image

Is there an objective way to see the self? Sure, there are some things which don't even need to question, but mostly, you're judging someone with your own values (with intensity varying from person to person)...

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 09 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I got Mediator INFP-T. Mostly accurate. Not entirely.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I didn't do it.. my personality is capable of many a variance, especially reliant upon outside factors :P
Tests like this are more of a mindf*ck if you really think about it. Step a: Put yourself in a box, now label it.

Didn't mean to piss on a parade, carry on.

View PostRobman, on 10 August 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

I didn't do it.. my personality is capable of many a variance, especially reliant upon outside factors :P
Tests like this are more of a mindf*ck if you really think about it. Step a: Put yourself in a box, now label it.

Didn't mean to piss on a parade, carry on.

Well, I kinda agree with you. Indeed you shouldn't use tests like these to define who you are. You shouldn't artificially change yourself just to fit tests' generalized descriptions, but they do have their utilities. This can be an amazing tool for self discovery, it helped me understand (not change) myself. It really depends on how people apply that knowledge in their lives rather than they being a "mindfuck" on their own.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 August 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Yay! Finally another INFP.Posted Image
I would like to talk about creativity, music and etc, or about living our lives as infps with you, but you are probably not interested or busy. (Are you?)

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 10 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRobman, on 10 August 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

I agree. This test not is too far removed from horoscopes or Facebook quizzes in uselessness. At least this one tries to be scientific and is at least marginally useful. I tried categorizing myself into the other system OP mentioned, the Big Five, without taking any tests and the more I read the descriptions the more I thought the way I fit the categories could not be covered as a number between two extremes.

User is online   Lunick 

no_fun_allowed.jpg

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Mine is NSFW-B

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 10 August 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

Yay! Finally another INFP.Posted Image
I would like to talk about creativity, music and etc, or about living our lives as infps with you, but you are probably not interested or busy. (Are you?)

That depends on if you're interested in the same areas of creativity, music, etc as I am. :P

User is offline   Hank 

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 09 August 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

Is there an objective way to see the self? Sure, there are some things which don't even need to question, but mostly, you're judging someone with your own values (with intensity varying from person to person)...

Yeah! The catch is that an emotional being will have a very hard time to be objective in respect to what he/she loves. :P Or maybe it's just me with that flaw. B)

User is offline   Kathy 

It's assuming that these are objective qualities, which they are not.

User is offline   Kyanos 

I'm Not Technically Participating

View PostDrek, on 11 August 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

I'm Not Technically Participating

It took me a while to understand what you really meant. Posted Image

Hank said:

Yeah! The catch is that an emotional being will have a very hard time to be objective in respect to what he/she loves. Or maybe it's just me with that flaw.

No, you're not the only one.Posted Image Emotions are part of every human being, unless one has some kind of abnormality I guess.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostMike Norvak, on 10 August 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

Mine is NSFW-B

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 August 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostKatrix Kytarix, on 07 August 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

INFP-T
Turbulent feelings at their best.

Took the test.

INFP-T. Pretty much right, except for the optimist part... lol

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 12 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

View PostMike Norvak, on 12 August 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Took the test.

INFP-T. Pretty much right, except for the optimist part... lol

Haha, I understand that pretty well. Having a good imagination certainly worsen it. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 12 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

I see a lot of INTPs. Even I am supposedly an INTP, even though that type is supposed to be a tiny minority. So, either this forum is full of vulcans, or that test is full of shit.

• The Sarien Encounter

INFP not INTP. Former is the majority voted so far though, yeah.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 12 August 2016 - 06:55 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'm going to go ahead and add INFP's to my list of types I cannot fucking stand when tey are unhealthy. So fucking sick of trying to get this girl off of heroin. Weak willed idiots who can't comprehend the notion of being in control of their own life.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

ISTP Master Race reporting for duty.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

xSTP = only sensors worth a fuck, the rest belong in gas chambers.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

I'm an Aries, the first astrological sign in the Zodiac. FIRST... and that's all I need to know :P

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

INFP-T. Mostly accurate, but I've also scored INTJ in the past.

I scored INFJ once, but I didn't really relate to what was written there. I thought something was wrong and well, it was.
Mood may change that tests' results sometimes. MBTI is not that accurate, you know...
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 25 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options