Duke4.net Forums: Half-Life corner - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Half-Life corner

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#511

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 19 November 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Ohhh, Azure Sheep is a fanmade mod, isn't it. I was confusing it for Guard Duty, I think it's called, or whatever. The remake of Blue Shift in Source. I don't think I've ever played Azure Sheep actually...

Don't mind me.


Yeah, I actually like Blue Shift a fair bit. Probably my personal favorite of the three expansions. Never really was able to explain why...
0

User is offline   gemeaux333 

  • 10

#512

I have played Azure Sheep and liked it, but actually not as much as the other mod from the same creators : Point of View
0

User is offline   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here
  • 953

#513

Wasn't POV the one in which you played Xonxt, an alien? That one was ingenious! I still remember playing it as if it was yesterday. One of my first HL mods I ever played. You just had your claw with lightning beam as weapon, but it was so consequently executed and cleverly connected with the original campaign that it almost felt official.


This post has been edited by NightFright: 20 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

0

User is online   Zaxx 

  • 468

#514

Original HL mods? They Hunger was my favorite, it was such a good horror game.
1

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#515

View PostZaxx, on 20 November 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Original HL mods? They Hunger was my favorite, it was such a good horror game.

That's probably my favorite HL mod of all time. I just did another playtrhough of it a couple years ago and it was just as good as I remember. The only issue I ever had with it was the final boss.
0

User is online   fuegerstef 

  • 700

#516

BTW:

Has anybody played Black Mesa after the patch from last year to the part where you get the longjump module right before you go to Xen?

Just asking, as I am to lazy to play through the whole last chapter just to see the new jumping mechanics from the patch.

Are they better or worse than before?

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 20 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#517

I just want the old jump module.
0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,352

#518

I don't remember how the jump module functioned in Black Mesa. Was it bad?

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble
0

User is online   fuegerstef 

  • 700

#519

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 November 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

I don't remember how the jump module functioned in Black Mesa. Was it bad?


Yes, really bad ... it worked exactly like in HL. ;)

From the decription it now works more like the jump boots in Unreal Tournament 3. Single jump = normal jump. Double Jump = long jump.
That's at least how I understood it. Could be wrong about it, though.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 21 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,352

#520

What? Double jump? That's a terrible idea. I liked the original too. At least bind it to a second key specifically for longjumping.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble
1

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,469

#521

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 November 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

What? Double jump? That's a terrible idea. I liked the original too. At least bind it to a second key specifically for longjumping.


Yeah, I bet you did. I bet you liked it. Say long jump module real slow... Posted Image

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#522

Just give us old fans the option, please...
1

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,352

#523

View PostCommando Nukem, on 22 November 2018 - 12:16 AM, said:

Yeah, I bet you did. I bet you liked it. Say long jump module real slow... Posted Image


I'm not denying necessarily that it could use some improvement. I just don't think double jump is appropriate in the least. But what's so hard about it? It's basically the reverse of a duck jump key combination. I still instinctively duck jump to this day no matter what shooter I'm playing.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 November 2018 - 07:14 AM

1

User is online   fuegerstef 

  • 700

#524

So, it seems nobody else played the final part of the current Black Mesa yet?

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,469

#525

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 November 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

I'm not denying necessarily that it could use some improvement. I just don't think double jump is appropriate in the least. But what's so hard about it? It's basically the reverse of a duck jump key combination. I still instinctively duck jump to this day no matter what shooter I'm playing.


I was just being a tit, sir. Posted Image I never had an issue with the long jump/duck jump IN THEORY. I think Xen just went overboard in places with it and it was a shame because it made a very creative and interesting world space more than a little frustrating at times. I think the XEN area needed additional mechanics beyond just the jump-module. Like a jetpack or grappling gun or something.

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
1

User is offline   necroslut 

  • 256

#526

View PostCommando Nukem, on 22 November 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

I was just being a tit, sir. Posted Image I never had an issue with the long jump/duck jump IN THEORY. I think Xen just went overboard in places with it and it was a shame because it made a very creative and interesting world space more than a little frustrating at times. I think the XEN area needed additional mechanics beyond just the jump-module. Like a jetpack or grappling gun or something.

Xen had some pretty shitty level/encounter design, I don't think that was the fault of the long jump mechanic which I never had any problem with whatsoever.

Blue barrels are heavier than regular barrels
0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#527

View Postfuegerstef, on 22 November 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

So, it seems nobody else played the final part of the current Black Mesa yet?

At least I haven't. Every time I try to play BM I end up discovering new bugs, most of them resulting in putting down the game and waiting for the next patch.
0

User is online   fuegerstef 

  • 700

#528

What kind of bugs?

i had one or two minor glitches in the playthroughs (which were all before last years update), but never a serious bug.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/
0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#529

View Postfuegerstef, on 23 November 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

What kind of bugs?

i had one or two minor glitches in the playthroughs (which were all before last years update), but never a serious bug.

I've had crashing at the Black Ops fight in Apprehension, I've had ties wobble at lightspeed so that they slowed the frame rate to a crawl (even after it was said to have been fixed), hyperferns doing the same thing, I've had fullbright fail and scorch my eyes, there was a weird instance where the normal maps or whatever broke so everyone was polygonal and looked like they were made out of folded paper and it just kinda creeped me out if I'm being honest...

I've had scripted dialogue sequences fail to play, I've had scripted actions fail and lock me out of the progression, I had a glitch where I was permanently locked in ironsights and couldn't switch weapons, I've had a glitch where my weapons were invisible...

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 24 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

0

User is online   fuegerstef 

  • 700

#530

View PostNinety-Six, on 24 November 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

I've had crashing at the Black Ops fight in Apprehension, I've had ties wobble at lightspeed so that they slowed the frame rate to a crawl (even after it was said to have been fixed), hyperferns doing the same thing, I've had fullbright fail and scorch my eyes, there was a weird instance where the normal maps or whatever broke so everyone was polygonal and looked like they were made out of folded paper and it just kinda creeped me out if I'm being honest...

I've had scripted dialogue sequences fail to play, I've had scripted actions fail and lock me out of the progression, I had a glitch where I was permanently locked in ironsights and couldn't switch weapons, I've had a glitch where my weapons were invisible...


OK, that's bad. I read about some of those but had it never happen to me. And I played through the retail version at least four times.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/
0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#531

View Postfuegerstef, on 24 November 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

OK, that's bad. I read about some of those but had it never happen to me. And I played through the retail version at least four times.


Some people experience them, some people don't.


But that's the price you pay for Early Access.
0

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

  • 1,516

#532

Noclip's Half-Life doc premieres in 12 hours, running time is 1 hour, 48 minutes! :o


This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

0

User is offline   Malgon 

  • 347

#533

It seems that Erik Wolpaw is back at Valve.

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal, Beyond Good and Evil 2
1

User is online   fuegerstef 

  • 700

#534

View PostMalgon, on 04 January 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:



Good news. Talen back at Valve is always good (no, modelling hats and crunching numbers to balance cards isn't a talent). And let's hope he is't there to save Artifact (which he worked on).

And yes, Artifact is (currently) a bit in trouble. Let's hope Valve recognizes the abysmal playercount as a warning that they need to make real games gain.

A few free casual games by me: http://gamejolt.com/...uegerstef/2615/
0

User is offline   gemeaux333 

  • 10

#535

Actually, Erik Wolpaw is on contract for Valve, not a full time employe, not much time and Valve refused to give him his former post back
0

User is online   MusicallyInspired 

  • 3,352

#536

"Former post?" I thought they didn't have any positions at Valve and everyone was just whatever they wanted to be without a hierarchy.

Though, I guess if he's on contract and not actually employed then it's still true.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
Latest release: Heretic SC-55 Music Pack (12/12/18)
*new* Buy the Mage's Initiation Original Soundtrack on Bandcamp by me!
Buy the P&C Adventure/RPG game Mage's Initiation on Steam, GOG, and Humble
0

User is offline   gemeaux333 

  • 10

#537

Have you tired the Half-Life 2 : MMod ?

https://www.moddb.co...ep2-enhased-mod
0

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

  • 162

#538

Obligatory



props if you understand wtf is going on
0

User is online   Ninety-Six 

  • 159

#539

Wasn't that record beaten a few months ago?
0

User is offline   Lazy Dog 

  • 162

#540

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 March 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Wasn't that record beaten a few months ago?


can't find anything about it, got any source?
0

Share this topic:


  • 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options