Duke4.net Forums: Stranger Things available on Netflix - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stranger Things available on Netflix  "The new 80s style fantasy series on Netflix"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You misread.

http://www.ew.com/ar...-goonies-aliens

User is offline   gemeaux333 

There is a reference to Stranger Things in Shadow Warrior 2

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 21 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

A video showing the mistakes/anachronisms of the season 1 (in french) :

http://www.allocine....e=18659264.html

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 07 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

More infos about season 2 of Stranger Things :

http://winona-ryder....hings-season-2/

Season 2 will be released october 27th 2017 :

Stranger Things got an Emmy Award, many of the cast do, but Winona Ryder didn't, how unfair !

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Wait, what? She's the best character in the series.

She rocked in that for sure. And I'm still holding out for Beetlejuice 2! Especially with Keaton in Spider-Man, somebody just has to write a good/fun script. I'm also always waiting for Bill & Ted 3!

Can't wait for Stranger Things season 2, what a damn good season of TV that first one was.

Beetlejuice 2 could begin the shooting even sooner that we think, as it seems the pre-production process have secretly began (at the last officious news) !

David Harbour (Jim Hopper), Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven) and Shannon Purser (Barbara Holland) had Emmy Awards... for Millie Bobby Brown I can understand, but the other...

The first trailer of season 2 :

User is offline   Malgon 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I really dig all these posters! Looking forward to season 2. :)

Season 2 is now available on Netflix

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

So I'm watching season 2, thoroughly enjoying it, and then....

I get to episode 7. :rolleyes: :excl: :D :( :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I am so angry right now. That episode is fucking awful. It doesn't advance the story at all, and it is badly written in pretty much every conceivable way. It introduces new characters who are all incredibly lame and boring. Cliches everywhere. It felt like it was an attempt to start a spin-off X-men knockoff series made for stupid adolescents. Also, it didn't feel like it belonged in the same world at all. It was dumbed down to the point of retardation. There was a foreshadowing of this abomination at the beginning of the season, but I had hoped they would forget about it.

I may wait a while before watching the last two episodes. I feel betrayed.

I have no issue with episode 7, I rather have the feeling it give some additionnal way to explore in the series, after all Jayne "Eleven/Elf" Yves is the eleventh test subject, so there are at least 10 other test subjects and their lifes to explore !

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postgemeaux333, on 29 October 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

I have no issue with episode 7, I rather have the feeling it give some additionnal way to explore in the series, after all Jayne "Eleven/Elf" Yves is the eleventh test subject, so there are at least 10 other test subjects and their lifes to explore !

It's a shitty backdoor pilot. You could just as well "give some additional way to explore in the series" by having an episode where El/Jane/11 becomes a child stripper. Bad writing is bad writing. Even if you have no taste at all and actually like that POS episode, you have to admit that it completely breaks the momentum of the series and has little or nothing to do with the main storyline.

I would rather see this as a sort of new devellopment, just way less predictable than the kind of new devellopment you find in X-Files...

The mistakes of Stranger Things 2 :

http://www.allocine....video-19575335/

User is offline   Malgon 

Just finished watching Season 2 today and I really enjoyed it, but I totally agree that episode 7 was absolutely awful. The tone was so jarring and it didn't line up with the series at all. It really did feel like I was watching a completely different show. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what Season 3 will bring.

Look like the season 3 will only happen in 2019... the positive side is that Winona Ryder will have free time for Beetlejuice 2 !

Have you watched season 3 already ?

• The Sarien Encounter

Just watched episode 1 tonight with the wife. Interested to see where it goes. Not much going on though. The Russian angle is interesting. But this was more getting you back into the atmosphere type of thing. So it's loaded with 80s top 40 hits and movie references (Camp Know Where was my favourite).

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 July 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Just watched episode 1 tonight with the wife. Interested to see where it goes. Not much going on though. The Russian angle is interesting. But this was more getting you back into the atmosphere type of thing. So it's loaded with 80s top 40 hits and movie references (Camp Know Where was my favourite).

I got the same impression. I enjoy the 80's nostalgia but there's not much happening yet. I will give it the benefit of the doubt and keep watching. I appreciate the effort at making the viewer care about the characters before ramping up the drama, even though this is season 3. Too many shows just take it for granted that the viewer is going to care about what's happening without first laying the foundation.

• The Sarien Encounter

Yes, agreed. I really did notice how many songs they started playing though. I just hope the magic is not lost and they're not just trying to go "See? 80s, man! Yeah!" I'm sure it'll be fine.

Another movie reference was when Nancy and that other guy (man I can't even remember their names) were jumping out of bed and he was trying to put his jeans on and fell over forwards, just like Marty in Back to the Future when he first wakes up in his young mom's bed. I even think he was wearing purple underwear. Little subtle references like that are fun. Just hope it's not all it is.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 07 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah I caught that one. One I didn't like and wasn't subtle was the Darth Vader reference in the Russian scene where he lifts the guy by the throat -- they even move the camera to the exact position under the feet like in ANH. One problem with that is it's not even an 80's movie. I still like the kids. If I stop caring about the kids then I'm done. Let's just hope there are no horrible episodes like that one in season 2 were Eleven runs away and tries to backdoor pilot a shitty new series.

Actually this season don't even feature Kali "Eight"...

But a lot of references to Phoebe Cates, intrenationally known for Gremlins 1 and 2, and long returned to civilian life...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 08 July 2019 - 06:38 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh yeah I forgot about "Eight". Yeah, haven't seen her at all. Forgot all about that subplot honestly and that just shows how forgettable it was.

I totally didn't get the Vader reference lol. But it makes sense. Saw another reference in episode 2 with Doc's cat clock closeup on the wall. I also like the dynamic between Steve and Robin.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 09 July 2019 - 06:29 AM

Yes, the euphoric phase between Steve and Robin (in the lasts episodes) is so authentic :D

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 09 July 2019 - 08:04 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Saw episode 4 last night. That was a really good episode! Especially toward the end.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

imo season 3 is slightly better than 2, but not nearly good as 1.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options