Duke4.net Forums: Capping All Games At 60 FPS - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Capping All Games At 60 FPS  "Looking for a tool to catch games that get past the cap"

User is offline   deuxsonic 

I have NVIDIA Inspector and I've set a global cap at 60 FPS and then when games allow me I usually set this in the games as well, as a lot of games are not designed for high frame rates and will act erratically so I find it easiest to just make everything 60. I know some people use V-Sync for this purpose, but that introduces input lag in some games so I avoid it.

Most games do what they're supposed to, but I've noticed that some games that involve multiple executable files that are working in tandem are not caught properly by the driver, which I think only sees one of the executables and so games like this can escape the cap. Is there a small program that can run as a service invisibly in the background that can catch these games? I've used tools like Bandicam in the past for this but it seems like a lot more software than it should take.

DXTory has this ability but again is more than I need, is not free, and affects only games using Direct3D. FRAPS, like Bandicam, is more non-free software that does a lot more.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 19 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Can't you do the same with Rivatuner?

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Their statistics server can, I'm using that at the moment. I wish I could write my own little app just for that but that's way beyond anything I could do.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I know Intel has a developer utility that does that. It's a massive pain in the ass to download though. It's pretty useful for integrated graphics - faster than vsync.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options