Duke4.net Forums: Game announcement and teasers - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Game announcement and teasers  "Title says it all"

Sign me up for Myst and Metal Gear remakes.

I know I'm alittle late on this but found out that Steve from Minecraft is in Smash Bros for switch, to me it cool not much of a minecraft guy anymore but it is cool.

Rambo is back in

View PostDuke Legacy, on 08 October 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

Rambo is back in

Can't wait!!!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Sounds like Sly too. Is it?

Sounds like it

User is offline   Sanek 

Okay boys, it looks like I finally made it in the video games! ;)

So I made a game that I called "Emeraldium". It's a simple match-3 game with "turn all tiles to gold to win the level" mechanic. It's a desktop title for 64-bit Windows, not a mobile game if you're wondering.
The important thing is that I find the real-ass PUBLISHER who picked up my game and one month later, it's released! The publisher is a Kiev-based Qumaron Games (they own such popular IPs as Roads of Rome and Jane's Hotel!), and they seem to be a good group of folks. It's just on their website right now (they just made a page today and will spotlight it this weekend), but it should appear on other websites at some point.
The game will sure get more attention than all my previous titles combined. Just the fact that my game have a publisher makes me very excited right now! Finally, something genuinely good happened in my life. :)

Game's page: https://qumaron.com/.../pc/emeraldium/

User is offline   Merlijn 

Congratulations Sanek!

• The Sarien Encounter

Congrats, man!

View PostSanek, on 08 October 2020 - 05:35 PM, said:

Okay boys, it looks like I finally made it in the video games! ;)

So I made a game that I called "Emeraldium". It's a simple match-3 game with "turn all tiles to gold to win the level" mechanic. It's a desktop title for 64-bit Windows, not a mobile game if you're wondering.
The important thing is that I find the real-ass PUBLISHER who picked up my game and one month later, it's released! The publisher is a Kiev-based Qumaron Games (they own such popular IPs as Roads of Rome and Jane's Hotel!), and they seem to be a good group of folks. It's just on their website right now (they just made a page today and will spotlight it this weekend), but it should appear on other websites at some point.
The game will sure get more attention than all my previous titles combined. Just the fact that my game have a publisher makes me very excited right now! Finally, something genuinely good happened in my life. :)

Game's page: https://qumaron.com/.../pc/emeraldium/

Looks nice! Glad your work paid off!

User is offline   jkas789 

So... it is official Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster has finally being revealed.

For some weird reason the youtube video player thingy is not cooperating so here is the link to the video.

I really, really, REALLY hope EA and Bioware don't fuck this up.

Please.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postjkas789, on 07 November 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

Please.

Sorry, can't resist. :P

ME series didn't my cup of tea so well, for sake of their fans, let's hope they won't fuck it up...But that's the EA we know about these years... :unsure:

For some weird reason the youtube video player thingy is not cooperating so here is the link to the video.

Please.

EA presents Ma$$ Effect

User is offline   Sanek 

Thank you everybody who upvoted my game!
Btw, I released another one. This time it's a small browser game: https://manicware.itch.io/bubbledrop
Trailer here:

It was a sort of the expierement - like, what the development of the webgames is like. It's NOT the game for a mobile phones!

Not much to write home about - I released it on my own, after trying to get it onto several websites that host games for browsers.
I didn't like this side of game business tbh - the majority of websites that host browser games is not looking for a simple games like this - instead, they're looking for MMOs and social kind of games. The simple games that's still popular was made more than a decade ago and just because it's on the "top games" lists doesn't mean that people actually want something like this (like, why bother with a rip-offs?). They can also make simple games themselves or rely on contractors who make multiple games per month for them. Unless it's the game that have the same kind of quality that a downloadable casual games have, they won't bother with it.
And sure, I can make a top-quality browser game but it doesn't look like it's really worth the effort when I can make a better PC game and build a relationships with publishers who sell downloadable games. So yeah, I'll stick with a downloadable casual PC titles from now on.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT Perfect Dark is back.
https://www.eurogame...eboot-announced

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 10 December 2020 - 04:41 PM

Wow the game awards today is complete shit I mean seriously last of us 2 wins like almost all the awards even the fucking Game of the year award, the only award that the last of us 2 gets is the Shit Award for the story plot the things that they did within the game, the review for this game award show is 2/10 the only thing I like from it is Perfect Dark that was the only thing that got my attention.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostDuke Legacy, on 10 December 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

Wow the game awards today is complete shit I mean seriously last of us 2 wins like almost all the awards even the fucking Game of the year award, the only award that the last of us 2 gets is the Shit Award for the story plot the things that they did within the game, the review for this game award show is 2/10 the only thing I like from it is Perfect Dark that was the only thing that got my attention.

The flying wild hog announcement was nice, kind of makes me excited, we'll see what's done with it.

Evil Dead meh... Unless s4 or a new movie gets announced soon because of that game.

Crimson Desert gave me deep down vibes, but I'd rather see deep down finish development then another pretty open world game that's bound to be fairly empty story wise as it's being done by an mmo studio.

This post has been edited by Null: 10 December 2020 - 08:30 PM

View PostNull, on 10 December 2020 - 08:25 PM, said:

Crimson Desert gave me deep down vibes, but I'd rather see deep down finish development then another pretty open world game that's bound to be fairly empty story wise as it's being done by an mmo studio.

Agreed.

Also did anyone else noticed the very try hard we are not dead signals from Bioware. EA should hurry up and axe it. The magic is gone, better bury the corpse while its reputation is not completely destroyed.

I just found out yesterday that Serious Sam Collection is on Xbox one and I wasn't told about it any way I'm enjoying it, also Merry Christmas.

User is offline   Jeff 

Please.

It's just a remaster. People were demanding a remake, but Bioware is sticking to their guns. Aside from the high-res textures, they are modernizing the combat systems (especially for ME1). But all those people who demanded a new ending won't be getting one. They have speculated that the Legendary Edition will further expand on the ending, but I'm betting it won't. It just a remaster, not a reimagining or remake or redo. Ex-GM Aaryn Flynn mentioned making the trilogy into one seamless game. That could be one of the reasons they aren't referring to it as the Mass Effect trilogy remastered.

Honeslty I'm not very hopeful of it BIoware has already disappointed me twice with both ME: Andromeda, Inquisition and Anthem. Now that in this year they announced both the new Mass Effect and Dragon Age I certainly am looking at them in a very cautious light.

They could try and add the "modified ending" mod from the community for ME3 however in my experience EA is not that fan friendly this days.

User is offline   Sanek 

Emeraldium: 3 months after release kinda-report!

I'm glad to say that people's actually buying the game! My publisher have just recieved the first reports from game portals who started selling the game in November (and that's only november figures), and it looks very promising! Sure, it's not thousands of golden nuggets - during the first month the game earned about 2/10 of the sum that it needs to earn so I can recieve my royalty check. Honestly I didn't had much faith in it but after this report it looks like I'll recieve my cut at some point. If I'll make more games and offer it to the same publisher, i'll get my cut twice as fast!

Here's the wall of portals who's selling my game right now:

Some negatives, though:
1. Ratings is not very high - the average is 3 stars out of 5 on Iwin's family of sites. It actually slipped to 2 stars out of 5 as of today. Still, I don't worry about it as much - I saw games that's much better than mine and have similarly low ratings, and you really can't please everybody (too easy/too hard/not my kind of game is the most common criticisms). The game started at number 5 at Iwin's "popular 100 games" list, slowly slipping out of the list during the month. It returns into the list from time to time, so people's playing the game, at least.
2. WildTangent recorded a messy "gameplay video" of the game, the guy who recorded the video had his mic turned on and you can hear his dog barking in the background. Ugh
3. Shockwave totally f*cked up the release - instead of release version of the game, they uploaded a pre-release version that have a couple of issues, not to mention that the launcher have Unity icon instead of the game's icon that I inserted at the last moment. I wrote about it to my publisher and they said that they'll sent the up-to-date version to them asap. Almost 1,5 months later, they still didn't replace it. I'M SO PISSED OFF!

Despite all of that, the business looks promising right now. I must admit that my game is not great but if I made smtn with this one, imagine what I can make with better ones!
Btw, the game's distribution is far from over. It must appear on even more portals at some point, plus we made a localized versions in German, French and Dutch language. These versions must appear somewhere, I hope. One of the portals also found some rare bugs that I thought I fixed, and also asked to make some levels easier. So, in a couple of days (when all of the portals will recieve the updated version with these fixes) the game'll be in the best shape ever. Start buying then. ;)

Anyhoo, this "november report" gave a huge boost to my spirit, I'm happy right now and I'll continue my journey by making more games. :)

• The Sarien Encounter

Congrats, Sanek! Thats great news! :)

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

In case you need more German translations ever, I'll always be available, pal.

• Balls of Steel Forever

They're rebooting Cotton.

You got to be fucking kidding me
https://www.theverge...-price-increase

• Balls of Steel Forever

Bio Evil

A genesis compatible demake of Resident Evil 1

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 06 February 2021 - 05:29 AM

When i was a kid i thought that they took the prostitute character from Duke3D and renamed her as Jill Valentine Posted Image.

Spoiler

I mean...

Also I'm down for a Cotton remake.

• Balls of Steel Forever

https://store.steamp...349384152934732

Grave prosperity and house of velez ue4 remake.

Get ready for some nasty death scenes.
Make every other hardcore violent game it's bitch.

Phantasmagoria and silent hill having a much more violent baby.

This post has been edited by Balls of Steel Forever: 09 February 2021 - 09:05 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options