Duke4.net Forums: Attention all mappers who use old versions of Mapster32 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Attention all mappers who use old versions of Mapster32

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

If there are any problems that prevent mappers from using the latest builds of Mapster32, please (re)post them here. Or if there are annoyances that you've learned to live with.

For one, I'm sure there are some longstanding issues relating to the keyboard, SDL 2, and/or international layouts. I don't know what exactly they are because I'm a filthy American.

User is offline   Hank 

A request.
Is there a remote possibility to replace Scroll Lock (sets the player start position) with another key that modern keyboards use?
I do not have Scroll Lock, or have not found it on my keyboard.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Er... generally it's right next to Print Screen. Either at the top of the keyboard in line with the arrow keys or sometimes above the ten key.
What keyboard do you have that doesn't have it? o_0

User is offline   Player Lin 

I guess there are some keyboards(like this one) removed the Scroll Lock key, and normally should has workaround to toggle the Scroll Lock function...

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

For one, I'm sure there are some longstanding issues relating to the keyboard, SDL 2, and/or international layouts. I don't know what exactly they are because I'm a filthy American.

The other day I swear I switched Mapster32 so that it fits my AZERTY keyboard but I honestly don't know how I did it.

Is there any way to switch mapster from QWERTY to AZERTY, like EDuke32 did (not sure if it's still the case) so that for instance I have to type DNSHOWMAP and not DNSHOZ?QP.

Otherwise I honestly haven't noticed any issue.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 04 June 2016 - 10:25 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMetHy, on 04 June 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

Otherwise I honestly haven't noticed any issue.

Is the old AltGr/RAlt/RShift problem still around?

User is offline   MetHy 

What's this problem about?

• Weaponized Autism

Those keys not working.

View PostHendricks266, on 04 June 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Those keys not working.

I've had issues related to AltGr not working, however it seems to mostly afflict one machine and is quite infrequent and random - it always works when launching Mapster32 but stops working at some point. Restart mapster and it works again. Its so minor I learn to live with it - in fact when it happens, having to restart mapster is actually a good point to remember I haven't saved the map in a while !

Anyhow, I downloaded the latest r5771 specifically just to see if the AltGr key had any issues and immediately discovered a new bug - sector highlighting colours have gone wron". It seems the fill routine is changing colours as it fills, the colouring changing depending on zoom level. Looks particularly weird in side view mode.

The second screen shot doesn't do the effect justice - whilst the inner bars mostly cycle through light/dark shades of same colour, the bands top and bottom seem to be rapidly flickering between every colour in the palette (mostly the full-bright colours though they never seem to be displayed when I press print-screen button, D'oh!). Oddly, the colouring in the two sectors go in opposite directions, plus colouring is only affected by zoom not panning, in case that is of any help.

TTFN,
Jon

PS: Will have a bash at bugtracker when I get home later.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: whoopsie.jpg
  • Attached Image: whoopsie2.jpg

User is offline   Mark 

I don't know if I'm being overcautious or not. Since I have been using older versions ( pre-5395 Oct 2015 ) of Eduke on projects for various reasons, I keep Mapster at the same older version number. So unfortunately I cant speak to any problems in the latest versions. I have gotten used to ( sort of ) the changed color scheme that caused an uproar a while ago.

The first thing that comes to mind for me isn't actually the fault of Mapster programming but comes from the running of Mapster. The CapsLock key gets used when mapping and upon exiting Mapster probably 98 percent of the time that key is enabled. I then go into some other program, usually an IRC type of program or editing defs and cons, and start typing without realizing right away that I'm typing in all caps. Despite the fact this has happened to me a couple of hundred times I never seem to check and disable the CapsLock button evry time I exit Mapster.

Its not within the normal scope of the program but it sure would be nice feature if there was a way to have Mapster uncheck that key upon exit.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark., on 05 June 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

Its not within the normal scope of the program but it sure would be nice feature if there was a way to have Mapster uncheck that key upon exit.

Just a hint, you can use '+Z instead of CAPS to cycle through the fly mode. Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

I could kiss you. Thanks.

• Weaponized Autism

I'm going to see if it's possible for Mapster to keep the lock keys and keyboard layout to itself, switching them back when the windows loses focus or closes. Sounds good?

User is offline   Mark 

I read your other post that you have a huge list of to-do stuff. If its a quick and easy fix go ahead. Otherwise I can get used to the new key presses.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 08 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I've had issues where after a long session the keys suddenly stop working, need to save the map and reload mapster.
ESC menu thankfully works in that state.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options