Duke4.net Forums: Arkane's Prey Reboot to be Announced on June 12th - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Arkane's Prey Reboot to be Announced on June 12th  "Crytek-powered System Shock Reboot Developed by Arkane Austin"

User is offline   deuxsonic 

What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. Fuck lying Pete Hiney and the rest of Zenimax.

Oh man, that's just slimy. But I don't think they'll get any consequences for what they did as long as they keep pumping out Fallouts and Elder Scrolls.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 17 June 2016 - 09:40 PM

Milestones should be approved by an external, independent 3rd party appointed by both parties.

https://www.youtube....h?v=ufikwk7_AD0

The cinematic trailer for anyone who wants to revisit that. Knowing that the game was practically done before Bethesda's horse shit is particularly infuriating to me because we could have had this game but ZeniMax/Bethesda fucking ruined it.

I want one of these airhead interviewers who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground to grill Hiney on it rather than the usual circlejerk of "boy this looks great" "it sure does" and asking stupid questions about things that everyone already knows. Make 'em sweat for a change.

Can you tell I'm disappointed?

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 18 June 2016 - 04:29 AM

View PostKristian Joensen, on 18 June 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Milestones should be approved by an external, independent 3rd party appointed by both parties.
A company that is going to abuse them to control would never agree to that... abusive companies aren't interested in fair. Of course not all companies will be this way, but most are from my point of view.

I have seen my husband attempt to use contracts dozens of times, based directly on the offerings/claims/promises of "company X" and they simply won't allow it. Others allow it, but then completely breech the contract with total disregard, and don't respond when questioned. But if he withdraws ANYTHING, they whip out the switch-blade legal team in a second. His policy for the last few years is not to deal with a company too big to take down, but it has been pretty limiting. I don't even know how many legal situations we are in currently, but it is ridiculous.

CatNapDreams

So, there's a game called Prey, but instead of abducting everyone into a Sphere, the aliens are altering the protagonist's reality. Where have I heard that story before? :)

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Yeah, seriously.

This looks like Mass Effect and The Matrix went to a pozconvert party but then they weren't happy with their VL so they had The Twilight Zone shoot some poz loads into poz holes and they're still on the hunt for more.

I love it when people think a half-assed teaser is a great way to market a product that has not only cost tens of millions of dollars to make, but is already met with healthy skepticism.

Fuck you, (((Zenimax)))!

I was actually referring to *cough* something else.
And in case you wonder, the mod is on hold until a wrapper or driver comes out that enables stereoscopy support for id Tech 4 games on something newer than a Windows XP computer with a GeForce 7900 video card.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 03 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

How the fuck have I never heard of this before? What the hell? Maybe it was because I beat Prey ten years ago and stopped paying attention.

Why is stereoscopic support so important?

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 03 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostPerson of Color, on 03 July 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

Why is stereoscopic support so important?

Because of how it instantly increases the immersivity of any video game, especially if experienced through a head-mounted display.
The feeling of estrangement, impending doom, madness... that comes from experiencing a story where a malevolent force changes the protagonist's reality is all the greater the more the player feels part of the game environment, and for years, there hasn't been any software to attain the amount of immersion I want.

EDIT:
I don't know what you mean by "poz", but my mod was actually going to have some Matrix and Twilight Zone vibes.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 04 July 2016 - 09:42 AM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Poz = HIV Positive.

View PostStrikerMan780, on 04 July 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

Poz = HIV Positive.

Oh, I call them biomedical waste.
I guess Person Of Color doesn't like shows like The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits or Tales from the Darkside then. Too bad, I love them. My appreciation started with Goosebumps in the 1990s, then I discovered all the grown-up shows of the genre.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 04 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

User is offline   Timur222 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 17 June 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Every game Bethesda's published in since New Vegas has missed its release window. Dishonored took four years, Dishonored 2 slipped from Spring 2016 to November, according to the leaked pitch documents Prey was pushed back from Q3 to 2017. Evil Within delayed four months. Wolfenstein: The New Order delayed from the XBONE and PS4 launch to mid-2014. Doom was restarted countless times under their 7 year watch. P2 wasn't an expensive game. HH were a team of 55 in the mid-west. The 15 million marketing budget exceeded the costs of the game. Since they restarted with Arkane, Bethesda had to grow a studio of 24 to 80ish, licence technology and restart the marketing cycle. Pete Hines is a liar because they didn't scrap the game. They took it to Obsidian, and in June 2012, offered "What we said was it was not coming out this year and we're still trying to sort some things out with Human Head," Hines told Eurogamer. "That really hasn't changed. I don't have an update for you on that, other than it's not coming out this year."

Prey 2's narrative director (currently narrative director for Volition)

New member,first post yay.I have actually been lurking here since 2012,but i never bothered to register until now.
Anyway back in 2012 a developer on who worked at Arkane posted on 4chan(yes i know),he talked about Dishonored,Arkane,Wolfenstein(Before announced),Prey 2,ESO etc.
Not sure if its any way relevant info,but i found it interesting.
http://archived.moe/...5073/#159391727
http://archived.moe/...2796/#159395580

This post has been edited by Timur222: 17 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

This, along with Quake Champions, will be shown off at Quakecon
Quake will be August 4th, Prey will be August 5th

View PostI want to die, on 04 July 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

Poz = HIV Positive.

Please post more.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostHulkNukem, on 21 July 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

This, along with Quake Champions, will be shown off at Quakecon
Quake will be August 4th, Prey will be August 5th

Just around the corner! It's like Bethesda's 2014 Quakecon Doom presentation, which was exclusive to attendees.

Seriously? Fuck you too Bethesda.

Should've figured
Maybe this time someone will get the balls to use some sort of spy camera in glasses and record it in secret?

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 23 July 2016 - 08:23 AM

I expect them to be Nazis about it like they were with the DOOM one. They had people watching each row and they removed anyone who they suspected was trying to record it. Spy glasses might work as long as they look totally like normal glasses. Chinese students taking that big exam have come up with ever more elaborate ways to cheat so there are probably some good models out there now.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 23 July 2016 - 09:49 AM

Bethesda sure loves having game creators talk over pre rendered CGI trailers from E3...

I don't understand the point of showing a CG video of footage that looks kind of like gameplay that isn't actually gameplay. I thought that type of advertising stopped a long time ago when games became good enough looking that they simply showed bits of the game (remember the actual Unreal screenshot being on the cover of Next Generation magazine?) Isn't that like having a movie trailer and showing some rough ideas in CG that might not even be in the movie or not actually looking like they will in the movie? When your games look as good as they do, why do you need to fake it?

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 27 July 2016 - 10:38 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It's about putting hype over substance.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

A:CM did it too.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Plus they want to give an impression of what the game might look like at a time when the game isn't complete enough to show.

I'm not sure what to feel about this. On one hand it looks cool, but the other hand says cool ideas don't necessarily translate well into gameplay. Also, what's that logo supposed to mean?

Dave Oshry is live tweeting from the Prey Quakecon presentation:

If I had to describe Prey 2 I'd say it's like Dead Space plus Dishonored plus who cares this franchise has no identity fuck it let's party.

Prey 2 has a lot of RPG elements and deep talent trees. Was not expecting that.

Prey 2 has a glue gun. You shoot it at enemies and turn them into glue. Ok.

In Prey 2 you can turn into a coffee mug to get through tight spaces disguised as a coffee mug. Ok.

In Prey 2 you can also use your Gloo gun to make stairs and such. Out of glue. Ok

In Prey 2 you can throw grenades that suck things into black holes. Ok

Writer Britton Peele's thoughts:

Seeing Prey gameplay now. Dude is wielding a wrench, which lends this whole thing another level of Bioshock feel. But "weapons are rare."

The aliens in Prey can become objects like furniture. Could be a good way of messing with players.

One glance at the game's RPG elements and I'd say that this new Prey is clearly more like System Shock than the old Prey.

Oh snap, like the aliens, you can get the ability to turn into objects. They just showed turning into a cup to get through a small window.

They then used a glue gun to scale a wall. Looks like there could be some cool environmental puzzles in #Prey. #QuakeCon

You can also chain powers together. After using Mimic to become a small object, you can use Kinetic Blast to get yourself up high.

Now there's some antigravity stuff in space (complete with thrust ad O2 meters). This is the only thing that's even reminiscent of old Prey.

The space station where #Prey takes place is one big, open world. I wonder how guided the experience will be.

#Prey will ship sometime in 2017. Looks pretty cool so far. I'm interested in seeing more.

"That game is crazy fun to play and it's given me an irrational fear of trashcans," says @DCDeacon

I am totally on board with everything about this game so far except for you and the enemy being able to turn into furniture. Until I have actually seen what it looks like, that just sounds pretty stupid.

View PostHulkNukem, on 04 August 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

I am totally on board with everything about this game so far except for you and the enemy being able to turn into furniture. Until I have actually seen what it looks like, that just sounds pretty stupid.

It's in the trailer.
Posted Image

Neo Prey: Part Dead Space, Part System/Bioshock, Part Metroidvania, Part Prop Hunt, No Part Prey

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 04 August 2016 - 01:11 PM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options