Duke4.net Forums: What happened to the Gearbox vs TX thread? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What happened to the Gearbox vs TX thread?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostAltered Reality, on 02 July 2016 - 03:56 AM, said:

Ah, so that leaves only one possible culprit: George. As usual! I'm glad he was booted out.

I think you might need to think through what TerminX said a bit harder.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostLunick, on 02 July 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

View PostLunick, on 02 July 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

Yep. So if the culprit is:
- not Randy
- not the current owners of 3DRealms

then it's the former owners of 3DRealms, with whom TerminX had made the agreement.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostAltered Reality, on 02 July 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

Yep. So if the culprit is:
- not Randy
- not the current owners of 3DRealms

then it's the former owners of 3DRealms, with whom TerminX had made the agreement.

And if George wasn't there when TerminX made the agreement...
Posted Image

View PostLunick, on 02 July 2016 - 04:41 AM, said:

And if George wasn't there when TerminX made the agreement...
Posted Image

Ah, so it's Scott.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Assuming news sites are correct, Broussard has not been part of the new 3DRealms.

User is offline   Kyanos 

It was his name on the paperwork I saw.

User is offline   Hank 

What difference does it make? A project at near completion is toast. Unless we have the ability to talk to all parties involved, no one, except those involved, know who fucked whom. My nose tells me: "Isn't a huge asshole" is not exactly scot-free either.

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Wait, will I get Bazinga? It's very important, bazinga for life!

Thanks god things are better now.

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Should replace every sound in the game with him saying bazinga.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View Postdeuxsonic, on 02 July 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Should replace every sound in the game with him saying bazinga.

do not tell the idea of my next modification Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

It's time to kick ass and Bazinga! and I'm all out of Bazinga!

User is offline   MetHy 

Honestly I don't know why everyone is saying congratulations and is relieved and stuff.

I guess the good side of things is that there won't be any courtcase, but turns out the licence for HTTK was invalid, so TerminX got double-screwed. Remember, he said he was given that licence as a payment-replacement for some work he did, so in the end he's not getting his money, twice.

Being able to sell the HTTK as a port, without the game, is going to make them earn a lot less money than what they had hoped to work for.

Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines but I don't think this is considered a good ending. Not a too bad ending either, but still not good, and, again maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but I feel like he may not be saying anything negative about anyone in public, only not to ruin the opportunities they might still have.

Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 03 July 2016 - 02:27 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMetHy, on 03 July 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

Remember, he said he was given that licence as a payment-replacement for some work he did, so in the end he's not getting his money, twice.

It was compensation for using JonoF/Eduke code in the XBLA version.

This post has been edited by Fox: 03 July 2016 - 04:25 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

We're congratulating TX because now he has something that will allow him to avoid him and his family going hungry.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMetHy, on 03 July 2016 - 02:26 AM, said:

I guess the good side of things is that there won't be any courtcase, but turns out the licence for HTTK was invalid, so TerminX got double-screwed. Remember, he said he was given that licence as a payment-replacement for some work he did, so in the end he's not getting his money, twice.

It would appear that at this point my only recourse is to take legal action against the party responsible for the situation.

View PostTerminX, on 03 July 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

It would appear that at this point my only recourse is to take legal action against the party responsible for the situation.

Isn't the party in question completely broke :P.

Yep... and while responsible, he didn't do it on purpose and doesn't seem to be a bad person. So it seems the loss of the Duke I.P. isn't their fault, but the fault/choice of Interceptor, (also cornered, by GearBox). But it isn't GearBox fault because they are just protecting their interests to the extent of their legal ability... they don't want any modern Duke titles as agreed upon back in 2009.

So I see this as caused by the loss of the Duke Nukem I.P. to GearBox... which is Interceptors fault for trying to make a modern Duke game on a loophole. It has always been presented that in 2009 that future Duke Nukem belonged to GearBox, which made sense... and previous/past/incomplete Duke Nukem was gently left with 3D Realms. Seems fair to me... is why I never felt that the interceptor Duke game was "right". Even if it was an old game being completed, it was going to run on modern systems, but not as a port, but as a current generation game, which is what GearBox bought when the got Duke Nukem Forever forward.

*The above is my opinion based on MBC's hours of filling me in on the Duke Nukem saga for years, then my own following of events as presented on this forum, 3D Realms forum, and occasionally other general internet news since 2010-2011, to date.

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 03 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

I do agree that Terminx Should be getting paid whoever is to blame should be going after.

That sounds like something Gearbox would do...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

It sounds like something anyone in their right mind would do after being set up into an unfortunate circumstance like this one.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options