Duke4.net Forums: What happened to the Gearbox vs TX thread? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What happened to the Gearbox vs TX thread?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostHank, on 21 May 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

^ how about then listing all traits that show that TerminX is a well respected, valuable asset to anyone claiming the rights to the Duke Nukem IP?

Sample:
TerminX was the first genius to publish a successful port of the Build Editor, and stuck with it until today
https://web.archive....onversions.com/
It shows leadership, genius and stamina; an asset for any corporation.

I think you just gave me diabetes

User is offline   Hank 

^ shocking

here have some of this:
Attached Image: goodFoot.jpg

User is offline   trustn0! 

I do hope that good or ill news, TX will inform us on what is/isn't going on to the best of his ability.

As much ill will this subject matter gathers, i'm just hoping for a happy ending.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Our super fantastic lawyer friend Yatta is out of the country until the end of next week, so there definitely won't be any updates before then. I'll let you guys know what's going on when something happens. For now, all efforts are focused on making the new game we're doing the best it can be.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Is Yatta your primary Lawyer then?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostForge, on 21 May 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

Randy may have lost touch with what it's like to struggle to make ends meet now that he has millions and lives in a mansion in the sky, but if he has a shred of empathy he'll cut you a fair deal.

That was the worst level in Shadow Warrior.

Ayyy lmao

View PostTerminX, on 29 May 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Our super fantastic lawyer friend Yatta is out of the country until the end of next week, so there definitely won't be any updates before then. I'll let you guys know what's going on when something happens. For now, all efforts are focused on making the new game we're doing the best it can be.
Excellent! :)

Yatta is a self-proclaimed Pizza Lawyer... he is capable of near painful levels of diplomacy, has rapport with Randy/GearBox, has a Duke Nukem Heart like few others, and just looks great too. <insert meow here> :D

I have a more positive outlook than before... no matter what happens, at least any sort of undesirable outcome won't be because there wasn't a full historical understanding of the situation.

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 29 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

View PostTerminX, on 29 May 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

The week after May 30 has come and gone. I'm inferring nothing happened yet, right?

View PostAltered Reality, on 13 June 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

The week after May 30 has come and gone. I'm inferring nothing happened yet, right?

Something is going on.
https://forums.duke4...877#entry250877

I do have to wonder what's the current status.

• el fundador

I'm unable to comment at this time.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Does that mean an NDA has been signed?

• el fundador

I'm unable to comment about my lack of ability to comment at this time.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Hoping that's a good sign.

• el fundador

OK, here's the deal. Our license to Duke Nukem 3D is invalid. It's not the fault of the current owners of 3D Realms, and, as it turns out, certainly not the fault of Gearbox. This leaves me completely up shit creek. BUT, even after the public feuding, Gearbox has found something for me to do and they are going to be helping me out, as is 3DR.

As far as Hail to the King Collection goes, there's not much more I can say other than that it's on hold at 90-something% completion. Gearbox isn't currently interested in the product and they aren't obligated to be. At this point, I'm just glad they're willing to work with me again. I'm going to do my best to change their minds on it as I believe the market for such a product is much larger than they think it is, but for now it is what it is. I may just do a "soft" launch of the base port itself for a $1.99 price tag where you provide your own GRP.

So, to summarize:
  • Gearbox isn't evil and Randy isn't a huge asshole.
  • The current owner of 3DR is a great guy.
  • I got completely shanghaied, but things will be alright.

Also, here, you guys might like this... it's the version of Grabbag I commissioned our very own Brandon Blume to produce, under my direction. I think he did a great job. The bass is pretty heavy as it was intended for phone speakers and cheap headphones, but I like it regardless. Enjoy.

User is offline   Hank 

Best wishes. Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The 64 and Total Meltdown mods still need some more work from me. Fox and I will be polishing them off in the weeks ahead. Their release is now "when it's done" instead of "after HTTKC releases".

Legacy of Grabbag FLAC

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Not as favourable a circumstance as we would have hoped for, but I'm glad you've got something to keep you afloat, TX. :P If you need anything else from me I'm always game. Good luck!

Legacy of Grabbag (or FLAC here), the remix I made for HTTKC is basically an updated version of the Grabbag Megamix I did for Dwelling of Duels years and years ago and released on the old 3DR boards (found here).

If you want a loopable version with metadata loop tags that works with EDuke32 click here (or here for FLAC).

EDIT: Here it is on SoundCloud.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Well I guess if you and GBX are on good terms again I'd say it's a safe bet that they'd at least have you giving some pointers on their Duke3D port and will make it a decent release.

Still best of luck in the future man.

We're only a day away from Duke's 25th Anniversary so one can only hope Gearbox will have something to show us.

User is offline   Kathy 

Good to hear that situation got resolved without further feuding. Kudos to Gearbox for not being resentful.

Besh Wishes

I'm glad things are all sorted out now, and I hope everything goes well :P.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I am optimistic about TX's prospects at this time. :P

View PostTerminX, on 29 June 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

OK, here's the deal. Our license to Duke Nukem 3D is invalid.
Well hell...

TerminX said:

I may just do a "soft" launch of the base port itself for a $1.99 price tag where you provide your own GRP.
We'll buy it.

TerminX said:

So, to summarize:
  • Gearbox isn't evil and Randy isn't a huge asshole.
  • The current owner of 3DR is a great guy.
  • I got completely shanghaied, but things will be alright.

• Relative to Randy and Gearbox, my opinion will not be swayed until I see results... and then after that, it will be a hard sell. Sorry. I am comfortable with my interpretation of what I read.
  • I don't know anything about 3DR owner.
  • And of course you will be alright, but that doesn't change the wrong doing of others. Is like saying there is no responsibility for actions.
Real people take responsibility for damages at their own expense, quickly. If you run someone off the road, you are responsible even if your vehicles don't touch... like if you caused the need for avoidance. People that caused this are responsible... and they have the resources to fix it.
I am not saying that you shouldn't pick your battles however.

I wish you luck and sound judgement. :P

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 30 June 2016 - 02:32 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Good luck, TX.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

-awesome news snip-

Hulk not satisfied, HULK WANT BLOOD!

Good news TX :P

User is offline   Malgon 

I'm glad to hear that something has been worked out, so time will tell where it all goes from here. All the best, TX.

Good to hear everything turned out okay for the most part.
I do have to say, this part sounds intriguing.

[*]I got completely shanghaied, but things will be alright.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

My opinion of Randy has not changed. I'm glad you at least got something worked out to where you have other business opportunities. I just hope you don't get screwed again.

It's not the fault of the current owners of 3D Realms, and, as it turns out, certainly not the fault of Gearbox.

Ah, so that leaves only one possible culprit: George. As usual! I'm glad he was booted out.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options