Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Megaton: Why in the f*** I can't see keys and armors in the "brief" status bar? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton: Why in the f*** I can't see keys and armors in the "brief" status bar?  "status bar"

User is offline   pacman 

So I wonder what's so hard for them to add armor and keys so you don't need to be pressing ' and ยก buttons to enable the defautl status bar then disable it back just to see if you are holding any keys and if you have armor, it's so annoying.

They should make it like eDuke:
Posted Image

I like playing in Steam because my friends don't need to configure weird stuff, and playing custom maps and downloading them is so easy, so I don't want to resort to eDuke, I just need them to add the key and armor in the status bar and that's all ffs.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

User is offline   pacman 

FistMarine, on 07 May 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Megaton's status bar is exactly the same as the one from original DOS version, only difference being remade in HD. I agree that not being able to see armor and keys in brief status bar is annoying, that's why I always use the default full status bar in DOS and Megaton, while in EDuke32 I use its own HUD.

I can't stand the full status bar, unfortunately this is not 1997 so i cant tolerate status bars taking half of the screen anymore.

User is offline   MetHy 

Megaton is never getting another update. An update would mean that the publisher would pay the devs to do it, except since it's not for sale anymore, that's like throwing money out of the window. Not to mention that even when it was still on sale, Megaton was never an example of added feature (isn't the "widescreen support" still a zoom-in ?).

As for the workshop, since the game isn't for sell anymore, I guess its activity will slowly decrease over time too.

I suggest you switch to EDuke32 already since Gearbox pretty much killed Megaton. I don't see what's so complicated about configuring EDuke32, and it's less glitchy / more stable, has more supported maps and mods, etc it just doesn't have multiplayer at the moment.

As for the status bar, I honestly play with the original one minimized even when using EDuke32. I just like the style more, EDuke32's minimized status bar is more practical indeed, but it looks bad to me (that small health pack for hit points counter :angry: ). I usually know what key I have on me, armor matters little in DN3D, and I can always quickly press + and - if I need to know anything more.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 07 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   pacman 

MetHy, on 07 May 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Megaton is never getting another update. An update would mean that the publisher would pay the devs to do it, except since it's not for sale anymore, that's like throwing money out of the window. Not to mention that even when it was still on sale, Megaton was never an example of added feature (isn't the "widescreen support" still a zoom-in ?).

As for the workshop, since the game isn't for sell anymore, I guess its activity will slowly decrease over time too.

I suggest you switch to EDuke32 already since Gearbox pretty much killed Megaton. I don't see what's so complicated about configuring EDuke32, and it's less glitchy / more stable, has more supported maps and mods, etc it just doesn't have multiplayer at the moment.

As for the status bar, I honestly play with the original one minimized even when using EDuke32. I just like the style more, EDuke32's minimized status bar is more practical indeed, but it looks bad to me (that small health pack for hit points counter :angry: ). I usually know what key I have on me, armor matters little in DN3D, and I can always quickly press + and - if I need to know anything more.

I just cant status bar, I want as much visible space as possible.

Also coop for me is important, since when playing maps I like to play with friends in coop.

If the maps are top tier in atmosphere and detail (like roch and red series) I enjoy playing those alone because its very immersive, but unfortuantely not many maps that good as far as I know.

User is offline   Steve 64 

I really can't wait for EDuke32 to get it mp but to be honest EDuke32 mp is going to have one issue with some people for the online part and that is Port Fowarding, but if it like Mupen64K or Project64K with Kaillra which lets you get online and play without forwarding your ports that be alot better to be honest the more people the better Right?

User is online   Lunick 

How is Port Forwarding an issue in 2016?

User is offline   Steve 64 

Some people really don't want to mess with that like me for example, I really don't want to mess around in portforwarding in order to get EDuke Online to work perfectly I really don't.

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 07 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options