Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem: Typical Day - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: Typical Day  "Fanmade Animated Movie."

User is offline   xMobilemux 

So yeah I've been working on this for 6 days straight, it was a hell of a lot of work, but it was worth it. I had so much fun making this and hopefully I can make more in the future cause I wanna get a Part 2 done as well.

I was inspired by this video to make my own version and I thought I did pretty well for my first shot.
I used the sprites from the fanmade Duke Nukem fighter from the fan made Mugen fighter game as well as assets from Duke 3D and DNF.
I made 90% of the environments myself from snapping together all the textures and what not from Duke3D and also threw in some DNF screenshots in where it made things easier.

Animating the fire sprites was the worst part though, they took so much work to get right.

The damn editor rendered a bit darker due to some contrast issues but I didn't know how to fix it without going through over 500 video tabs one at a time so I just left it as is, it doesn't really affect it much as you can see everything fine, but I'd recommend watching at 720p to get the best picture.

Enjoy :angry:

User is offline   Loke 

That was really cool. I hope you continue making more.

User is offline   FistMarine 

That was really funny. I am looking forward to part 2. :angry:

User is offline   Jolteon 

That was awesome! Can't wait to see part 2. :angry:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Very impressive and enjoyable! It looks like you have the outline for an episode, too, in case you want to develop this into actual gameplay.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 April 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Very impressive and enjoyable! It looks like you have the outline for an episode, too, in case you want to develop this into actual gameplay.

If someone wanted to adapt this into a Duke3D episode that would be great as I have no idea how to map in Duke3D and was never really interested in doing so, I'm more of a movie maker.

The entire plot line of this video was actually made up as I went along lol.

When I started it was only meant to be about Duke fighting the aliens in the strip club and it would end in a similar way to how the intro of Land of the Babes ended with Duke entering the portal after a babe came through and was killed.
But as I made the video I just kept on wanting to do more and it resulted in this made up plot line, I did have to end it after the Cycloid fight cause having over 500 video tabs and loads of those fire sprites were causing massive lag in the editor.

User is offline   Jinroh 

Really cool! :angry:

You mixed all the different styles together pretty well I enjoyed seeing Duke in action! I look forward to your next one. :lol:

Part 2 of Duke Nukem Typical Day is coming along pretty well, still got quite a bit to go as I've only done 1 minute and 18 seconds worth of footage and I wanna make it at least 6 minutes long like Part 1 was, I'm not working on it all day and night for 6 days straight like I did for Part 1, but I'm still enjoying every minute of work on this video.
Making environments for the interior of the Alien Mothership is fun too cause the Mothership is one of the places of Duke Nukem Forever that I really wanted to visit.

A small sneak peak for everyone.
Posted Image

Stay Tuned!

The wait is over people!

ENJOY!!!

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Nice. Source of topless woman on poster at the beginning of part 1?

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 20 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

Great stuff!!! I love how you used the babes.

View Postdeuxsonic, on 20 July 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

Nice. Source of topless woman on poster at the beginning of part 1?

Sorry I have no idea where the source of the girl is, cause I made the poster way back when I was working on my Duke Nukem 3D: Forever mod.
But here's the poster:
Posted Image

User is offline   deuxsonic 

That was enough for TinEye to find it.

https://tineye.com/s...44059af68cf376/

Your version looks better as it has been color-corrected and her face is like a different color in the original. o_O

Interesting that Duke kills the Mother Demon as well. Aliens and demons. He's out to put Doomguy out of a job.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 20 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

Glad ya'll are loving the vids :P

I have loads of ideas going through my head for a Part 3 set at Area 51, thing is a good deal of the sprites and audio I'll need doesn't exist as far as I know and I'm no sprite artist, all of the content used in both videos are ripped from the games and community stockpile thread.
I did use XNAlara to get some of the sprites I needed and I'm even ripping some from other Duke3D mods(creators will be credited of course), but I need sprites for a very important character in Part 3, none or few of which exist.

For more Duke talk I suppose I could ask LGR since he does a damn good Duke impression or wait for Gearbox's port of Duke, have to make that Bazinga line work somehow.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 20 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

User is offline   stumppy84 

Great job on part 2! Can't wait until part 3!

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostxMobilemux, on 20 July 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

Glad ya'll are loving the vids :P

I have loads of ideas going through my head for a Part 3 set at Area 51, thing is a good deal of the sprites and audio I'll need doesn't exist as far as I know and I'm no sprite artist, all of the content used in both videos are ripped from the games and community stockpile thread.
I did use XNAlara to get some of the sprites I needed and I'm even ripping some from other Duke3D mods(creators will be credited of course), but I need sprites for a very important character in Part 3, none or few of which exist.

For more Duke talk I suppose I could ask LGR since he does a damn good Duke impression or wait for Gearbox's port of Duke, have to make that Bazinga line work somehow.

I'll be getting back to you in a couple days with something for that character.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 24 July 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

I'll be getting back to you in a couple days with something for that character.

Groovy!

Already gotten off to a quick start, though for some reason the sprites I've ripped from the mods using Dukeres don't wanna become transparent in the video editor the same way the archived ones and the Mugen Duke do, meaning I'll have to make them all transparent PNG images one at a time.

But all is going well so far:
Posted Image

Wow Part 3 is really kicking my ass, but is looking so fucking groovy!
I just finished a big action segment that wore me the hell out and I'm about to move on to another one.

Currently sitting at 11 minutes worth of Typical Day Part 3 and still going! I'm very confident that this is gonna be the best of the trilogy!

Finally got a sneak peak to show ya'll that doesn't spoil anything........much. :D
Posted Image

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 30 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

The Epic finale to the Typical Day trilogy is finally finished people!

This one was a hell of a lot of work but I think it turned out great!

Please let me know what you all think ;)

Kudos! I'll give this a watch later on today! (aka tomorrow - since it's after midnight)

(And the source of that poster is clearly Sophie Howard, what's next, somebody in here won't know who Lucy Pinder is? ;) Speaking of British models, there was a DNF promotional video thingy with some of them, was wacky stuff. A flash game thingy technically. )

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 18 September 2016 - 09:55 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

20 minutes?? Holy cow! I'll have to watch it later today.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is truly a mammoth effort! It looks great.

User is offline   Zurix 

Small thing how you make Typical Day word
if you dont mind. i mean the font and effects?

User is offline   Spiker 

Amazing work! You need to make more stories like this!

User is offline   HMNuke93 

Really good work!! I'm happy to see my m16 put into good use :D Hope you do a sequel ;)

Part 3 is the end of the Typical Day storyline.

Typical Day started out as a simple every day in the life of Duke where his pleasures are interrupted by aliens and Duke rips them a new one, but as I made the videos they turned into a alternate story of the DNF we got.

Whether or not I make some more depends on interest cause Part 3 was the biggest and toughest one I did and making another one that big with little interest isn't something I wanna do.

Other ideas I do have involve original stories of Duke time traveling like in TTK, LOTB and ZH, as well as a animated retelling of Duke Nukem 1 and 2 since their stories aren't that well known.
Or maybe even tell some of the stories from canceled Duke games like D Day or the version of Forever where Proton placed bombs along the San Andreas fault to turn California into Proton Island.
I even have some fun ideas of Duke being Duke in the real world, like Duke going to Bitchfords office, reading the Duke 5 script and might booting him out his office window, stuff like that.
I've even thought about doing some non Duke videos like a sprite based Metal Gear or Doom animation, but that'll be a long way off.

But still I'm not gonna start a new video anytime soon cause I need a break after the mission that was Part 3.
I might just make some new sprites in the meantime.

View PostZeyad Ahmed, on 19 September 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

Small thing how you make Typical Day word
if you dont mind. i mean the font and effects?

https://forums.duke4...135#entry134135

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Omg that was brilliant. You did a great job of building up the suspense to the first fight, and the battles and tactics used always felt fresh and intense. The nods to the various mods and trailers were also appreciated, as well as Randy at the end Posted Image

I don't know what else to say other than I enjoyed every bit of it and I hope you make another one Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. A great finale. I was expecting a LoWang cameo appearance in there somewhere since I gave you the model a long time ago. ;) Maybe in an upcoming episode. Keep it up. Great directing too.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 19 September 2016 - 04:00 PM

Very groovy stuff! Action packed, the animation and spritework was very cool, impressive work. Duke-tastic. ;)

View PostMark., on 19 September 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

I was expecting a LoWang cameo appearance in there somewhere since I gave you the model a long time ago. ;)

When was that? I don't have any Lo Wang model and wasn't ever given one.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options