Duke4.net Forums: Duke corner - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke corner  "For all Duke-related discussions"

User is offline   NY00123 

Since the "General Gaming" forum already has a few "corner" discussions, and there seem to be none for Duke (especially not from my side), I think that we should have at least one.

I'm not even sure what to say, so let's begin with this: Which Duke game? (BTW is it Nukum, Nukem or any other universe?)

Happy April Fools' Day

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

> Duke Nukem's forum
> Create corner about Duke Nukem

P.S. If it's not a joke I recommend you to check this.

User is offline   Lunick 

Artem is cute

User is online   zykov eddy 

Finally a Duke corner, a place where we can talk about Duke Nukem series. We have Doom corner, so why not have Duke corner? I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D as a kid, it was a pretty decent game.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

With such a great game, someone should create a website specifically geared to 'The King'. You could, just as an example, call it something like 'Duke4.net'.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I heard there was a new source port for the game called iDuke or something. Apparently it's pretty good. But it's got no multiplayer so there's no point.

User is offline   juvenite 

Maybe it brings something different, if it's a decent port.

This post has been edited by Meaningless Wounds: 01 April 2016 - 07:47 AM

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostLunick, on 01 April 2016 - 04:39 AM, said:

Artem is cute

u2 Posted Image

User is offline   Cage 

Duke sucks. Fuck that game.

User is offline   deuxsonic 

I heard of this video game with toilets and chicks, I think it's called Dick Kickem. He says "It's time to chew ass."

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 01 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

User is offline   Hank 

View PostNY00123, on 01 April 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

Happy April Fools' Day

Posted Image

View PostTea Monster, on 01 April 2016 - 04:56 AM, said:

With such a great game, someone should create a website specifically geared to 'The King'. You could, just as an example, call it something like 'Duke4.net'.

Damn, it looks like that domain is already taken...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe we could buy it from them? Or perhaps when they fail to finish their website for 12 years they'll come to us and we can buy them out. Then we'll finish it with a mediocre phpBB forum and not let anybody start any new topics, just keep replying to the ones that are already there.

User is offline   leilei 

Hey i love duke nukem hear our my favorite quote's

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wow, a corner dedicated entirely to Duke Nukem Forever, the first game in the Duke Nukem Franchise. Finally the world's most innovative game is getting the attention it deserves.

#moderngamer

Posted Image

Official game wallpaper I found.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 01 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

• Honored Donor

It's official. I want a crossover game.

Duke Nukem + Dick Kickem + Doug Huggem

Would be pretty interesting to witness the clash of their personalities actually.

View PostMicky C, on 01 April 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

It's official. I want a crossover game.

Duke Nukem + Dick Kickem + Doug Huggem

Would be pretty interesting to witness the clash of their personalities actually.

Along with Doug Huggem's evil twin Chuck Fuckem.

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

I want to fit him in but his first name doesn't start with D Posted Image

I guess that's why he's evil.

User is offline   NY00123 

As I think it should be clear by now (but still clarifying just in case):

Again, Happy (Belated) April Fools' Day!

Now, what should I say? Let's try with a couple of replies...

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 April 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

I heard there was a new source port for the game called iDuke or something. Apparently it's pretty good. But it's got no multiplayer so there's no point.

That's weird, I don't think I've heard of it. Given the lack of multiplayer, maybe you've rather meant EyeDuke by chance? It's a 16-bit, real mode DOS port, and that's why it can't do multiplayer. It's incredible someone has gotten the Duke (even if just a single player) to run under 1MiB of RAM at all!

One day, EyeDuke32/64, one day...

View PostMicky C, on 01 April 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Wow, a corner dedicated entirely to Duke Nukem Forever, the first game in the Duke Nukem Franchise. Finally the world's most innovative game is getting the attention it deserves. #moderngamer

What? I've been so sure it's Duke Nukem 3D which was the first. The following may come as another surprise for you. It turns out, they originally released that game as a platformer known as Duke Nukum, but then figured out that "Duke Nukum" was already in use by some other company, so the same platformer was then re-released as a First Person Shooter titled "Duke Nukem 3D".

User is offline   leilei 

Sometimes the first starts on 3's, like Grand Theft Auto III is the first game in the long running 3 game series

Call of Duty is an odd duck, it started on Modern Warfare, aka "cod4"

Does anyone remember the first Prince of Persia? It's old school!!! you play a sexy prince that can control time and run on walls

This post has been edited by leilei: 02 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Posted Image

Guys, I think I've found my old childhood copy of Duke Nukem 3D (PycckaR BepcNR Edition). My dad brought it to me from his trip to Greece and he said he had to pay 100$ for it (It's a very rare copy) I remember playing this on my PC when I was five, sweet memories! One problem though, I couldn't get past the second room on the first level for some reason (still can't, maybe someone can help?). And the music was weird. And the controls weren't great. Still, a very nostalgic item for me!

I heard there's also console versions of DN3D: SNES port, Philips CD-i port, etc. Which version is your favorite?

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 02 April 2016 - 02:13 PM

View Postzykov eddy, on 02 April 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

Guys, I think I've found my old childhood copy of Duke Nukem 3D (PycckaR BepcNR Edition). My dad brought it to me from his trip to Greece and he said he had to pay 100$ for it (It's a very rare copy) I remember playing this on my PC when I was five, sweet memories! One problem though, I couldn't get past the second room on the first level for some reason (still can't, maybe someone can help?). And the music was weird. And the controls weren't great. Still, a very nostalgic item for me!

I heard there's also console versions of DN3D: SNES port, Philips CD-i port, etc. Which version is your favorite?

What kind of PC did you have that this plugged into? Strange that the Greeks were playing the Russian version (РУССКАЯ ВЕРСИЯ/RUSSKAYA VERSIYA) which apprently had it's debut on some kind of special foreign ROM medium game cartridge. Did it plug into the motherboard?

The one I have most memories of is the SNES port. Unfortunately Nintendo made them remove all the women and blood in the game and the enemies sweat when shot. Also they changed his name because nukes are controversial so it got named Duke Bomb'em 3D instead. The CD-i version was really short I remember, but the cutscenes were very high quality. Occasionally you'd get to press a button on the controller.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 02 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   leilei 

Yeah I confuse when Duke say "yo ho and a bottle of milk" Nitendo fuicked up one of the gratest action hero's

This post has been edited by leilei: 03 April 2016 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

This was what I used to say playing it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options