Duke4.net Forums: Custom Midi File with DukePlus - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Midi File with DukePlus

User is offline   markmeikle 

How do I play my own midi files when running in DukePlus? I used to do this in the User.con file, but this isn't working with DukePlus installed.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View Postmarkmeikle, on 29 March 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

How do I play my own midi files when running in DukePlus? I used to do this in the User.con file, but this isn't working with DukePlus installed.

DukePlus has custom cons in a subfolder.

look for this DukePlus\dpcons\USERPLUS.CON

User is offline   markmeikle 

Thanks. I'm having trouble making that work. Do the midi files go in the root folder, or the dpmaps folder? How should I edit the UserPlus.con file? My custom maps replace episode 1, so I put the following. But it continues to play the game's music.

music 1 NULLSOUND.mid dpmaps/armfight.mid dpmaps/armstron.mid

User is offline   Lunick 

I've had trouble playing midis in general actually and this is after when I think it was supposed to be fixed.

I can get a midi to play fine if I name it after a level but if I rename it after a regular track (like dethtoll.mid) then it doesn't take effect. This only happens with midis though as dropping a .ogg file with the same name will make the dethtoll.ogg file play instead of the midi...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options