Duke4.net Forums: Question About Obtaining Visual C++ 2013 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question About Obtaining Visual C++ 2013

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of a 32-bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 or 2013? I'm currently using 2010 on a 32-bit Windows XP install and all I can find is 2015 which is quite different and is not what I want because it has no compatibility with XP and eliminates the express versions.

Not the redistributable mind you, but the actual IDE.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 15 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It eliminates the express versions in favor of the much more featured (and still free) community version, which even allows loading plugins. It still has support for building XP applications.

Is it installable on 32-bit XP though?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Oh, looks like it isn't. I misread your post and thought you were looking to build programs that still run on the horrible, antiquated OS, not that you were wanting to build programs while actually running said horrible, antiquated OS. :whistling:

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=44914

if that isn't it, then start scrolling through the pages:
https://www.microsof...6_13_11&first=1

Thanks guys. Turns out I already have the last release that XP supports.

User is offline   Hank 

it ain't no none of my business, but if you like, would you be willing to disclose what project you are working on? If it is a long term project, another IDE is Qt + Qt Creator.

It still works with and on 32 bit OS, and you simply choose the compiler be it MS or MinGW to suit your needs. Unlike Microsoft, the dominating IDE, Qt cost more upfront (or use the open source version I linked to), but in the long term you rule it and not the other way around. :whistling:

View PostHank, on 16 March 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

it ain't no none of my business, but if you like, would you be willing to disclose what project you are working on? If it is a long term project, another IDE is Qt + Qt Creator.

It still works with and on 32 bit OS, and you simply choose the compiler be it MS or MinGW to suit your needs. Unlike Microsoft, the dominating IDE, Qt cost more upfront (or use the open source version I linked to), but in the long term you rule it and not the other way around. :whistling:

I'm trying to build RBDOOM-3-BFG and be able to run it, but the ffmpeg stuff for the Bink video playback is causing one problem after another. I can get his code to build now via VC++ 2010 after additing additional files to VC++'s include directory (involved searching elsewhere for an answer) but it now produces errors involving the ffmpeg functionality (his code requires the ffmpeg binaries to build and also to run, but if the version of ffmpeg that he links to in his readme is used, it will produce "The procedure entry point CoInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library avcodec-57.dll". So I was instructed to use a newer build of ffmpeg, but the latest builds do not work with XP at all so I used what was listed as the last build known to work on XP, and I am still running into this error. Following his instructions, I have been unable to build and run his fork, which I'm not happy about. I had plans to make changes to his code, but seeing as how I can't even use it properly. Now I'm being asked to build ffmpeg myself with VC++ 2010 but it seems to lack project files for doing so and I could end up working to get ffmpeg built only to then run into the same problem with the Doom binary refusing to run.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 16 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Sorry to have asked, but Qt will not help here. Posted Image Thus flush my message.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options