• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

User is offline   leilei 

I tried caleb through crazytalk once

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMajor Tom, on 24 March 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

My attempt at Caleb's voice, uploaded last year. I NEED to do another one like this....

Damn good. The "I live again!" line was godlike.

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Is Stephan Weyte still around? I guess he'd probably sound a lot different now if he is after all this time.

User is offline   leilei 

I think he was M.Bison 3 years before he was Caleb.

This post has been edited by leilei: 24 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View Postdeuxsonic, on 24 March 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Is Stephan Weyte still around? I guess he'd probably sound a lot different now if he is after all this time.

Oh yes.

His voice is more hoarse than I remember but he could still do Caleb.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm not very familiar with Blood, but I'd think he'd sound better that way. Isn't he a reanimated dead man?

If I won the lottery one of the first things I'd consider doing is to buy the rights for Blood and release the source for all games. It's a philantropist action to the gaming community, I think.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 30 March 2016 - 04:17 AM, said:

If I won the lottery one of the first things I'd consider doing is to buy the rights for Blood and release the source for all games. It's a philantropist action to the gaming community, I think.

I'd rather invest into building up a team and make my own Build FPS.
I'd hire Wieder, Alias Conrad Coldwood, Daedolon, and at least one of those guys who work on EDuke32.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMetHy, on 30 March 2016 - 05:03 AM, said:

I'd rather invest into building up a team and make my own Build FPS.
I'd hire Wieder, Alias Conrad Coldwood, Daedolon, Micky C and at least one of those guys who work on EDuke32.

I see how it is Posted Image

I would immediately put the winnings that I didn't lose to tax in the bank I think.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postdeuxsonic, on 30 March 2016 - 08:00 AM, said:

I would immediately put the winnings that I didn't lose to tax in the bank I think.

You'd want to mix it up. Definitely put some in the bank, yet you'll also want to put some of it into shares where it has the potential to grow much faster. But if it doesn't... that's why you've got some in the bank.

To keep my post relevant, I've gotten into Blood properly for the first time about a week ago on the third difficulty and I'm absolutely loving it. I don't get the references at all, but the actual gameplay and ambiance is exquisite! The gunplay is arguably the best of any build engine game.

I'm sure you'll have fun discovering the various quirks.

One oddity I recently remembered;

On E3M1 there's a parch of wall forward and to the right when you start the level. If you jump around enough you'll find a bit where you can stand on thin air. Put dynamite down on the ground in the vicinity and you can skip out half of the level... I think. There might actually be some obstacle I have forgotten. Probably isn't a good idea because you're likely missing a weapon or two (the Tommy Gun at the very least) which you will miss in the next level.

In the years of playing Blood, I've looked through lists of secrets to find ones that I didn't find on my own, and found out about super secrets, which I had no idea existed before this consulting of the lists of others. What I'm curious about is whether each map has them or not. It seems strange that only some of the levels would have them when nearly every map has secrets. For example, E1M1 has one at the very end involving a jump off a ramp-shaped piece of concrete into the wall parallel through a false wall to get the napalm launcher way early, but then the next map seemingly does not have one, but then E1M3 has one. With so few maps having them, was it intentionally just sprinkled in or are they hidden so well that no one has ever found one on each map?

The one on E2M5 is always a friggin' nightmare to get because your angle to the wall has to be perfect and you have to be in the exact right spot to hit the invisible switch.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 30 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

You know I think I only ever found one super secret and had no idea they were such a huge deal. There are many secrets I've never found either.

I'm pretty much done with my skill#4/pitchfork/start/no-saving-inside-levels playthrough. I've done the original game however the last level of Cryptic Passage is kicking my ass. The two Hellhound bosses together in a small room just wreck me before I can get to the invicibility item... Then I have to start the level all over and it's a bit long.

Cryptic Passage is good, but it did not quite get Blood's gameplay right imo. Gunplay and enemy placement is nothing like that Blood, it almost feels like they had DN3D in mind. Plus the abundance of supplies is insane, I mean how many +100hp items do you need inside a single level?!

Ep5 has some of my fav levels; some are the definition of everything I love about Doom-era level design. Like E6M3 Public Storage, E6M4 Aqueducts, E6M6 Forbidden Rituals, E6M9 Forgotten Catabombs...

E6M3 and E6M9 got to be my fav levels in the game alongside E4M5: Fire And Brimestones. That one almost feel like a Quake level.

Playing those levels make me realize how terrible mine are, I always get lost into other things and forget about making those fun Doom-era level layouts I love so much.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMetHy, on 31 March 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

The two Hellhound bosses together in a small room just wreck me before I can get to the invicibility item...

I usually just run around in a circle while jumping like an idiot before grabbing the invulnerability power up.

Tesla Cannon is the best weapon to use against Cerberus. One of the patches reduced the damage the weapon does to them but they're still quite vulnerable to it.

Hahaha Blood kicked my ass. :D You can't approach it like Duke3D, much like how you can't approach Shadow Warrior like Duke3D either.

What would it take to get Blood's source code released under GPL? No wonder why Doom, Heretic/Hexen, Quake and Duke Nukem are very mod friendly. Somebody gotta tweet @JaceHall and ask him to revive his efforts on getting the Blood IP in his hands and finally make Blood much more mod friendly. He hasn't posted in ThePostmortem for a while.

View Postdeuxsonic, on 31 March 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

Tesla Cannon is the best weapon to use against Cerberus. One of the patches reduced the damage the weapon does to them but they're still quite vulnerable to it.

Pfft, no, the Voodoo Doll is BROKEN against Cerberus and is by far the most effective weapon. P

Edit: To rub more salt in Cerberus' wounds; https://youtu.be/e8jmqREV-eE?t=1432

I suspect people might get the impression the game devolves to a total wreck when I go near it for some reason.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 31 March 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostDustFalcon85, on 31 March 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

What would it take to get Blood's source code released under GPL? No wonder why Doom, Heretic/Hexen, Quake and Duke Nukem are very mod friendly. Somebody gotta tweet @JaceHall and ask him to revive his efforts on getting the Blood IP in his hands and finally make Blood much more mod friendly. He hasn't posted in ThePostmortem for a while.

A miracle. I guess Matt Saettler is actually the one who has it, not Jace Hall, but legally can't release it so we're not supposed to bother him about it anymore. Maybe if you buy the entire IP from Atari it would be legal to release.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostLoke, on 31 March 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

View PostHigh Treason, on 31 March 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Pfft, no, the Voodoo Doll is BROKEN against Cerberus and is by far the most effective weapon. P

Edit: To rub more salt in Cerberus' wounds; https://youtu.be/e8jmqREV-eE?t=1432

I suspect people might get the impression the game devolves to a total wreck when I go near it for some reason.

Okay then, I guess I'll try that. Would be a shame not to finish my run because of one last level.

Edit: done. The jumping around the circle of the room did the trick. The doll secondary attack however didn't work as well as in your video yet I did it right in his face... what version of the game were you running? Or maybe it's a difficulty setting thing.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 31 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

User is offline   leilei 

Does the VooDoo Doll even function right? Sometimes it feels like it isn't working at all.

It's hitscan and the cone of effect I suspect is pretty narrow, otherwise it's just broken that way too. God we need a source port so bad... So many things to fix!

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 01 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostMetHy, on 31 March 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Okay then, I guess I'll try that. Would be a shame not to finish my run because of one last level.

Edit: done. The jumping around the circle of the room did the trick. The doll secondary attack however didn't work as well as in your video yet I did it right in his face... what version of the game were you running? Or maybe it's a difficulty setting thing.

V1.00 and now you mention it, I remember the doll being busted in V1.21. From what I remember it would fire once and then disappear, whereas in V1.00 it works so long as you don't change weapon - if you change weapon, you can never select the Doll again, at least for the duration of the level, I can't remember if it carried over past that point.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Voodoo Doll's alt fire uses pretty much all of the ammo, or what's the issue?

It uses 20 ammo per shot in Alt-Fire mode, at least, it did in V1.0. If it is different in V1.21 I never noticed, but then I never looked and just wrote it off as a non-functional weapon I couldn't use anymore.

I would not be surprised if they did something like set it to 100% ammo, they broke at least two other weapons in that version; The Napalm Launcher was nerfed but added a new Alt-Fire which crashed the game on slower computers (Ones well within the System Requirements) and the Life Leech Alt-Fire was a suicide button that did nothing useful as far as I could tell. All I remember about that was pressing the button and the weapon disappearing from my hands, I then got hit by a big plasma charge out of nowhere and died. I think someone once explained to me what was going on, but as I only did it once and don't really enjoy V1.21 anyway I have clearly forgotten what they said.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You have to think of it as a one use weapon, it's not like other weapons where you can pick up more ammo (which in this case would be an entirely new doll that replaces the previous one). Once you've depleted the current doll, it's gone.

View PostHigh Treason, on 02 April 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

It uses 20 ammo per shot in Alt-Fire mode, at least, it did in V1.0. If it is different in V1.21 I never noticed, but then I never looked and just wrote it off as a non-functional weapon I couldn't use anymore.

I would not be surprised if they did something like set it to 100% ammo, they broke at least two other weapons in that version; The Napalm Launcher was nerfed but added a new Alt-Fire which crashed the game on slower computers (Ones well within the System Requirements) and the Life Leech Alt-Fire was a suicide button that did nothing useful as far as I could tell. All I remember about that was pressing the button and the weapon disappearing from my hands, I then got hit by a big plasma charge out of nowhere and died. I think someone once explained to me what was going on, but as I only did it once and don't really enjoy V1.21 anyway I have clearly forgotten what they said.

What was their original alt-fire in V1.0 then?

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options