Duke4.net Forums: Wolfenstein corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein corner  "For everything Wolfenstein related"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Blade of Agony v3.1 is out. They added far more than just the censorship stuff, so maybe it's worth upgrading after all.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Ok who wants to do the uncensorship mod?

Alright I did some digging through their github

Here is one of the very illegal textures Tormentor667 removed from Blade of Agony (with the replacement texture seen below it)

Posted Image

I guess technically it would be committing Rassenschande...

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

That's one uncensored texture down.

Alright, given Torm's past, and the responses he's getting on moddb, who here thinks he's gonna snap and delete everything BoA?

It's not exactly a remote possibility.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am almost counting on it. He's a drama queen, like many others at Doomworld, sadly.

Here's another example of BoA censorship

Posted Image

Yes, putting a photo of Auschwitz in your game may be considered in poor taste and possibly illegal in Germany, but the replacement texture is still the same photo, just with the sign that makes it recognisable smudged out!

View PostNightFright, on 14 July 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

I am almost counting on it. He's a drama queen, like many others at Doomworld, sadly.

While that's true, in this case it's not hard to blame if he does. When being faced with the threat of jail time because of a fucking game, all bets are off. If someone snaps from it, that's not a purely dramatic reaction. That's someone trying to escape the threat in the most direct way possible.

The real drama queens are the shitsuckers at Doomworld that threw a fucking fit over Nazis doing bad things in a WWII shooter, that absolute cunt Not Jabba for thinking herself god and going on a fucking power trip by making a ridiculous list of demands, that include speaking for a group of people who actively and vocally want the opposite of her demands and scrubbing Nazis from this WWII shooter, and of course the German government for being a bunch of tinpot dictators who want to bury their bloody past.

As far as I'm concerned the real anti-semites are everyone listed above.

Alright. did some reverse image searches of the other pictures

1. Ravensbruck concentration camp for women
2. Concentration camp in Oranienburg
3 and 4. Pictures of victims at Auschwitz-Birkenau
5. as mentioned already the gate to Auschwitz

User is offline   jkas789 

Yeah. IMO this was always gonna end with Tormentor taking down the mod and running away. There is no way he will have peace of mind in the current environment. Realistically the only way to win would be to not bent the knee, however now that he has the sharks will smell the blood in the water and they will push for more. Because for people like Not Jabba and co, this is not really about morals but about power.

On happier news, Return to Castle Wolfentein was ported to the PS Vita. :P

This post has been edited by jkas789: 15 July 2021 - 09:58 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Relevant:

Posted Image

View Postjkas789, on 15 July 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

Realistically the only way to win would be to not bent the knee,

Normally I'd agree but with the potential threat of criminal indictments because of Germany's ass-backwards censorship laws, that changes the whole game field. I think Torm is plain in an unwinnable situation no matter what he does or could have done. Even if he stood his ground and BoA flew under the radar, I wouldn't put it past those bitchsacks to straight report him.

View Postjkas789, on 15 July 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

Because for people like Not Jabba and co, this is not really about morals but about power.

Spot-on here, though.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Now for something completely different, some of you might remember that C-Dogs SDL added a recreation of the first episode of Doom, but if you look at the most recent update at their site, there's a short animation showing an obvious recreation of Wolf3D. The trick is, I downloaded the latest version and I can only find the Doom campaign, but not the Wolf3D one. I downloaded mission packs as well but nah, cannot find it there either. Anyone have any idea?

View PostMrFlibble, on 16 July 2021 - 04:56 AM, said:

Now for something completely different, some of you might remember that C-Dogs SDL ....

I don't know what that game it but it has my curiosity. Hopefully I will be able to play this on sunday (and finish the ROSH maps, try other stuff and finish moving my stuff from my old apartment to my new house.

User is offline   deus-ex 

View PostMrFlibble, on 16 July 2021 - 04:56 AM, said:

The trick is, I downloaded the latest version and I can only find the Doom campaign, but not the Wolf3D one. I downloaded mission packs as well but nah, cannot find it there either. Anyone have any idea?

The Wolf3D mission folder is included in the C-Dogs v12 distribution, located in the subfolder missions. But the Wolf3s mission entry does not show up until you rename the mission folder from '.wolf3d' to 'wolf3d' (remove the leading dot).

However, the 'WL1', 'WL6', and 'SOD' subfolders are currently only placeholders without any playable content, and the 'common.cdogscpn' subfolder contains data that allows starting a game, but it does not appear to hold any structured levels yet.

This post has been edited by deus-ex: 16 July 2021 - 07:22 AM

View Postjkas789, on 16 July 2021 - 07:17 AM, said:

I don't know what that game it but it has my curiosity.

It's a cross-platform port / continuation / spiritual successor of a fairly popular DOS freeware overhead view arcade shooter called C-Dogs. It's highly customisable and moddable, and quite fun to play all in all.

Interesting, does that mean it has pre-made levels now or is it still all randomly generated?

I think random levels only are in the original Cyberdogs, the DOS versions of C-Dogs that Ronny Wester released already have pre-made campaigns.

No, I distinctly remember the campaigns in the version of C-Dogs I played didn't have pre-built levels. I remember being disappointed in the level editor for that reason. Maybe it was just the level editor? Hmm, weird, checking a DOS version and it does seem that the levels are consistent.

A while ago I found an early shareware version of C-Dogs, while the page I linked to has the latest release. I did not check it thoroughly, so I cannot say if campaign levels are fixed or not.
Attached File  cdogs_sw.zip (528.49K)
Number of downloads: 143

Nah, it just looks like I mistook that enemies have random spawns for the whole level being random. Checking the copy I found, from a different shareware website, which has the level editor, it seems like you just set some parameters instead of actually making a map.

So I have been slowly chipping away at Blade of Agony, since the start of this month, slowly and methodically playing it and trying to find all the secrets instead of rushing it. And holy shit this mod got done so dirty. That picture that Phredreeke posted of the nazis surrounding the black dude? I legit did not even noticed it (I did went back and found it though). I was more impressed by what the goddamn mod offers than looking for things to bitch about. Fuck, I'm 13 hours in and I'm killing space nazis on the moon. Fuck Doomworld.

Honestly, if I wanted to introduce someone to either Wolfenstein or Doom mods, this would be one of the things I would point towards. It's that fun. Also I'm not too much of an asshole to make a zoomer play OG Wolfenstein. Their brains would explode or sumthing.

OG Wolfenstein 3D is an acquired taste.

OG Castle Wolfenstein is suffering

View PostNinety-Six, on 28 August 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

OG Wolfenstein 3D is an acquired taste.

OG Castle Wolfenstein is suffering

I mean I guess, but Castle Wolfenstein was incredibly impressive for a computer game in 1981. Even if it was randomized, having a shooting (and stealth even!) game with levels like that was unique.

This days I have tried to get back into OG Wolfenstein, however I can't for the life of me play it again. I play the first 4-5 levels then tap out.

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 28 August 2021 - 08:06 PM, said:

I mean I guess, but Castle Wolfenstein was incredibly impressive for a computer game in 1981. Even if it was randomized, having a shooting (and stealth even!) game with levels like that was unique.

I don't deny how impressive it was. But those controls are a war crime.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Love Wolf3D. Ep1 and Ep3 anyway. Ep2 is frustrating. I don't bother playing Ep4-Ep6 anymore. Maps are garbage. Then there's the Aardwolf thing. Annoying when trying to get 100%. So just the first 3 episodes for me. Still go back to it often to see how fast I can do it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 29 August 2021 - 05:08 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 29 August 2021 - 04:32 AM, said:

Annoying when trying tonget 100%.

I made a minimod that just completely erased the maze from that level.

Also I actually like episode 5 quite a bit. Not 4 or 6. And not 2.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options