• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Community Confessions  "OK, let's get this straight"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It would have been funny to add CON code to "tip" the collection plate.

• The Sarien Encounter

I did put an Atomic Health in the baptisimal tank.

• The Sarien Encounter

Here's the map. Though, it's not the latest version now that I look at it again. I'm pretty sure I had a working elevator and I know I had a road outside (though it was at the wrong end of the building) and a canopy over the entrance for cars to drop under and drop people off.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Kathy 

I died in baptisimal tank. Is it by design?

(I know it's a bug, but just couldn't resist... Sorry.)

Was the church built eventually?

This post has been edited by Kathy: 01 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Really? I didn't.

Hmmmmmmmmm

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 01 June 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Here's the map. Though, it's not the latest version now that I look at it again. I'm pretty sure I had a working elevator and I know I had a road outside (though it was at the wrong end of the building) and a canopy over the entrance for cars to drop under and drop people off.

I kinda want to see this map finished lol.....

• The Sarien Encounter

I may get back to it when I get the hankering for some Mapstering again...

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostCatNapDreams, on 31 May 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Awww... sorry to hear that. I don't remember either.
Actually if you look at his posts, you can see a long absence after a while after Duke Nukem Forever came out... If you look at his info he says something about retiring from forums etc. I never changed anything in his profile. Again, if you typed with him in private in any way, it was him. Private messages go to his email, so he responded directly from there I am sure.
Duke Nukem forums were about the only public forums he ever used. He has to use his work related forums constantly now.
I will admit sometimes I wanted to say what I wanted to say, and sometimes I thought to myself "what would he say...". I usually asked him about game trivia stuff related to games I don't know.

Oh well... I can understand the feeling of being deceived I suppose. Nothing I can do about it now. Feels good to be myself here though... as silly as that sounds, even to myself.

Moving forward...
CatNapDreams

Just to make it clear, DT is right about the gender. ItĀ“s something about the identity. For what I read i may have not talked to MrBlackCat at all.

First post i remember from you/him is one making an analisis of some russian guyĀ“s beauty that used (or uses) to hang these forums, who also used to pretend he was a girl (coincidence?) and had recently revealed his real identity. I paid attention to that message because it was striking that a guy would care about beauty parameters (you mentioned symmetry, proportions, etc).

Maybe i donĀ“t even know the real MrBlackCat at all, but then again you wasnĀ“t taking us seriously if you never cared to make it clear you were another person. I feel betrayed in my trust :)

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Here's a confession I'd like to make concerning Shaw's Nightmare...

I recently offered to help the creator with the artwork. He initially asked me to do a new title screen and redo one of the enemies for the sequel. Well... I thought, maybe I could just redo the entire artwork of the first game, and then work on the sequel's new stuff. So that is what I planned, and so I offered this image at first..
Posted Image

He said he liked it, but would prefer it to be designed more like the original graphic which is seen here:
Posted Image

So I redid it to be this, which as with my other graphic, were not 100% complete. This was what I had so far when I sent him a new email.
Posted Image

He responded by basically saying that it was good but he was interested in the new title pic and edited enemy for the sequel, and that he only wanted anything else if it could be done quick enough, so I just gave up because I feel like if I'm going to replace one enemy, and that it would look much different from the ones he made, I should also redo the others, but he seems impatient and stubborn, so I dropped contact. I'm not a great artist or anything, but it felt like a slap in the face, but I really couldn't help but laugh at the same time, if that makes any sense.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 02 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostGambini, on 02 June 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

First post i remember from you/him is one making an analisis of some russian guyĀ“s beauty that used (or uses) to hang these forums, who also used to pretend he was a girl (coincidence?) and had recently revealed his real identity. I paid attention to that message because it was striking that a guy would care about beauty parameters (you mentioned symmetry, proportions, etc).

Huh? Sorry, but are you talking about me? Almost everyone knew I was a guy, didn't have to reveal anything. And besides avatar/name I don't think I was specifically pretending(except maybe in the beginning, but I can't remember).

User is offline   Gambini 

Well i certeainly donĀ“t remember most things that happen in this forum but i remember you posting a pic of "you" and some guy, while actually "some guy" was you and "you" was a random girl. In those times you pretended to be a girl yeah.

View PostGambini, on 02 June 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Just to make it clear, DT is right about the gender. It´s something about the identity. For what I read i may have not talked to MrBlackCat at all.First post i remember from you/him is one making an analisis of some russian guy´s beauty that used (or uses) to hang these forums, who also used to pretend he was a girl (coincidence?) and had recently revealed his real identity. I paid attention to that message because it was striking that a guy would care about beauty parameters (you mentioned symmetry, proportions, etc).
I remember that clearly, as it was recent. I had seen that new person (CultureShock) who seemed to be a female, so I asked MBC if he knew who they were as they were way before my time. Others seemed to know them from "way back". He said they were not someone he knew, but they were not a female. As MBC and I talked about some of their extensive posts, my responses were mixed with things he said about it, as with other posts where things are over my head, or outside my knowledge of games or the forums members of the past etc. I didn't mind their gender, my observations and statements were honest. The post you reference is in fact mostly mine, but we talked about it directly when I showed him the images. With that said, MBC is the most observant male I have ever been exposed to in things like that... especially relative to decor', clothing etc. He could have easily written that post is what I mean.

Gambini said:

Maybe i don´t even know the real MrBlackCat at all, but then again you wasn´t taking us seriously if you never cared to make it clear you were another person. I feel betrayed in my trust :)
Maybe not... and I am truly sorry that you are left with that feeling of betrayal. I don't suppose I ever thought forum dwellers would really take a persons identity seriously without contact. I have a different view, and maybe respect of "remote interactions" from coming to forums in recent years.
So you are correct, I wasn't taking "us" seriously, but not with the intention of being malicious, or causing anyone to "feel" anything negative. I can only change that going forward though.

View PostKathy, on 03 June 2016 - 02:17 AM, said:

Huh? Sorry, but are you talking about me? Almost everyone knew I was a guy, didn't have to reveal anything. And besides avatar/name I don't think I was specifically pretending(except maybe in the beginning, but I can't remember).
No... not you. I have seen your posts for a long time myself, but MBC seems to know you when I read him something you posted. Maybe he typed/types with you in private. I never read or look at his personal messages, ever. I know he maintains them through directly email response most of the time.

I am sorry for the end result of using his account... at least it isn't as bad as the couple of days I used his PlayStation Home account! "WHY do I have 50+ PM's? What did you SAY to these people?! I never get PM's or friend requests and not I have like 50 of each!" I had no idea the effects of a female avatar, even with his name "MrBlackCat" floating right above my head. That was an experience for sure.

CatNapDreams

This post has been edited by CatNapDreams: 03 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostGambini, on 03 June 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

Well i certeainly donĀ“t remember most things that happen in this forum but i remember you posting a pic of "you" and some guy, while actually "some guy" was you and "you" was a random girl. In those times you pretended to be a girl yeah.

Wait, Kathy's not a girl? :)

User is offline   Mark 

replying to MI's post on the previous page:

I also impressed all the company bigshots with a map of how our Chevy dealership was going to look inside after the massive overhaul it was getting. I looked at the blueprints, made a few drawings and then went home and mapped for about a week or so

This post has been edited by Mark.: 03 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostInspector Lagomorf, on 03 June 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

You don't remember Lotan with the emo avatar?

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostGambini, on 03 June 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

Erm... I was just joking since most people knew who I was. Yes, there was a kinda "pretending", but I haven't tried to actually be taken as that girl. I think I even put a winking smile about the "boyfriend".

View PostCatNapDreams, on 03 June 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

No... not you. I have seen your posts for a long time myself, but MBC seems to know you when I read him something you posted. Maybe he typed/types with you in private.

I don't think we ever did. And I certainly wouldn't have pretended to be a girl in pm. Not that I would shout that I'm not.

View PostInspector Lagomorf, on 03 June 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Get out!

View PostKathy, on 03 June 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

I don't think we ever did. And I certainly wouldn't have pretended to be a girl in pm. Not that I would shout that I'm not.
I just asked... he said he thought he knew you from another forum, but maybe not. He said he remembers you as a male from here previously... and that if you are a female now, it wouldn't change how he interacted with you. :)

This doesn't bother me... maybe that is why I never thought of it as mattering "who" I was.

I thought about my time here on MBC's account and I realize this... I never intended to stay. I have had in the back of my mind for a very long time, that "when" MBC started getting interested in Duke4 again, it was be seamless for me to step away. Maybe he will come back more now. Just his interest in the new DooM has had him looking at forums more recently and sharing images of his new Revenant statue and typing a bit elsewhere. A new Duke Nukem Anything would have his interest I am sure.

CatNapDreams

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostLunick, on 03 June 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

You don't remember Lotan with the emo avatar?

Yeah, I do. Was not being entirely serious with my previous post.

User is offline   Mark 

I had to upvote you. I have a problem with seeing even numbers. I start to hear voices

• The Sarien Encounter

I had to upvote you. I have a problem with seeing even numbers. I start to hear voices

Take that!

EDIT: Aw Lagomorf, you ruined it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 03 June 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Take that!

Your plan backfired. I upvoted him too. Posted Image

Edit: Oh, wait, I see what you did there.

This post has been edited by Inspector Lagomorf: 03 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Stop, stop all of you shut up so I can type..... :) your not real...

This post has been edited by Mark.: 03 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostKathy, on 01 June 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Was the church built eventually?

Sorry, I missed this. Yes, it was built. It was started and then we moved away and my father took an assistant pastor position elsewhere. It was finished after we left. I never got to see the finished building but my parents went down for the senior pastor's eventual passing. I wonder if I can find some photos somewhere....

EDIT: Here's a photo of the entrance. Two double doors instead of the one in the map.

Posted Image

Here's more inside. I can't link to these photos directly because of website-fu and I'm too lazy to go digging for direct links.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 03 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Now I really want to see that map finished :)

That is SO COOL! Build used for the example of something real!

CatNapDreams

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostCatNapDreams, on 03 June 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

That is SO COOL! Build used for the example of something real!

CatNapDreams

The living apartment in the map called Last Pissed Time is based on Craigfatman's own place.

View PostSanek, on 04 June 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

The living apartment in the map called Last Pissed Time is based on Craigfatman's own place.
While that is interesting, it is very different. My husband made a level of our house once in DooM... it sucked and he never detailed it really, and I think that is not so uncommon. The inverse is what I find amazing. Actually using a game editor to represent and ultimately make something real, is unusual I think.

CatNapDreams

I'm sure I once heard that some architect company somewhere licensed Build for the use of showing their concepts to customers. I could be wrong though and wouldn't know where to begin looking for this information.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

IntraCorp went bankrupt in 1996 and shut down all its operations, including Capstone Software. Capstone's last game, Corridor 8: Galactic Wars, never left the prototype stage and was never released. Capstone became VRTech, providing first-person buildouts of new construction condominiums using the Build engine. It eventually closed down.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options