Duke4.net Forums: Blood re-imagined - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood re-imagined  "or "We really wanted to capture the tone of the original game""

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I really don't have anything to say.

https://forums.unrea...dent-project%29

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I mean, I really like what it looks like, just not compared to the original.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Looks boring and nothing like Blood tonally or aesthetically. They only gave it that name in order to get extra attention.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

/me shakes head

User is offline   Mark 

It needs a bunch of gameplay balance changes but I like it. The graphics style reminded me of the Monkey Island games.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 10 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

I really loved this! It's a weird mix evocative of Vampire: The Masquerade, Rayman (or this kind of thing), and Painkiller. The styling and tone is awesome. I do find dropping the Blood character into the game very jarring.

One thing I hated about Blood and still do is the emotional tone of the game. I become too sucked in by this and find it unpleasant. I never could enjoy Blood because of this.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I'd much rather play with my asshole and make my hands bloody than play this.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostCultureShock, on 10 January 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

>intense neon colours
>very colourful in general
>action music
>fast but casual gameplay
>repetitive and easy with no challenge
>cartoony and clean visuals

I don't see how this has anything to do with Blood.

User is offline   Lunick 

They should rebrand it and make it a competitor to Bombshell :thumbsup:

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

View PostLunick, on 10 January 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

It's a pretty game. I want to stop short of cloying pinkification but I like the emotional sense this game conveys. If they provided team playing and a mysterious story like VtM:R I'd be really interested in this. I like adventure and snooping about interesting places. Dodging light on the roofttops of VtM:R was awesome.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostLunick, on 10 January 2016 - 11:36 PM, said:

... Especially when Atari sues them for copyright and they have to change the lead character just before release.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostTea Monster, on 11 January 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

... Especially when Atari sues them for copyright and they have to change the lead character just before release.

We're glad you think this looks great.
This was only a student project : a short playable sequence done in 7 weeks for an assignment. We never intended it as a full game We won't release anything more than this video!
I will edit my post.

:thumbsup:

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I love how Fred made the first post there about bewaring of copyright issues. Speaking from many accounts of personal experience eh? Posted Image

Somewhat ironically (as others have mentioned) if it wasn't called "Blood" nobody would ever make the connection, and lawyers probably wouldn't touch the case with a 10 ft pole. So I don't think they'd have any issues even if they did intend to release something.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I was too baffled so I forgot the original link from the first post:

http://80.lv/article...nreal-engine-4/

User is offline   Player Lin 

If it's not called Blood, I would say that's nice...but, no... it named Blood re-imagined...

Now my head reallly f***ing hurt for no reasons... :thumbsup:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 11 January 2016 - 05:58 AM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMicky C, on 11 January 2016 - 01:18 AM, said:

I love how Fred made the first post there about bewaring of copyright issues. Speaking from many accounts of personal experience eh? Posted Image

Considering he literally says as much, yeah :) :thumbsup:

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It looks extremely boring and repetitive, and in no way captures anything good about Blood.

However, it was only a student project that served its purpose. As a developer said in the linked thread:

This was only a student project : a short playable sequence done in 7 weeks for an assignment. We never intended it as a full game We won't release anything more than this video!

So they did this in 7 weeks for a class they were taking. They aren't trying to sell it or develop it further. For demonstrating the specific skills and requirements of the assignment, it was probably spot on and earned them an A+. We can criticize what we see but our opinions matter not at all.

User is online   Gambini 

As a school project, i guess it´s correct to take a different genre than FPS as a way to expand the skills, etc.

It doesn´t feel like Blood at all though, more like Buddy from Toy Story playing in a sort of Bombshell/Castle of illusion environment and voiced by J ST J

If there´s a relatively modern game which resembles Blood, then it´s Bioshock 1 & 2 and I´d say Haunted, the UT3 mod which later went standalone commercial.

It looks very pretty but holy crap did they miss the mark when it comes to "atmosphere".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options