Duke4.net Forums: [Alpha] Ich will mod - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Alpha] Ich will mod  "My first mod"

User is offline   Jaap 

Hi guys!

Over the past few years I have been working on and off on duke mods but never really released anything. Until now (okay it is still in alpha but most features work)

I got this idea for a mod while watching the video clip for Ich will (by Rammstein). The basic idea is to protect Flake while bursting into the bank so he can make it to the vaults. Once he is there he will arm a bomb to blow the whole place sky high, meaning that you have to get out of there (return to the place the map started) before the thing goes boom.

Some features are:
  • AI helpers that follow Flake and shoot guards and soldiers
  • A countdown timer that activates once the bomb has been armed
  • Some basic pathfinding for the bad guys
  • replacement weapons*
  • An elevator with traveling doors
  • AI waits while you unlock the keycard locked door
  • Lots of small thing and there is more to follow

Download the alpha here

Currently the mod works there are some cases where some AI bots get stuck on civilians (or each other). AI bots should kick the civilians to get them to move away. (AI bots should not kick Flake because if he dies the bomb fails and all is lost.) Also I have some mapping left to do (strange texture mapping and some hallways are too long and boring).

I am also looking in making the AI a bit more clever. Currently they just rush and have no sense of self preservation :thumbsup:

The mod is quite easy to start, extract the zip file into your eduke folder, start eduke, select alphaich as the custom game content directory and play the game!

Addition credits go to Reaper_Man for the A* code that I am using.

* the chainguncannon has been replaced with an uzi. But cheaters get more: the rpg has been replaced with the Shadow warrior grenade launcher and the shrinker has been replaced with the Redneck Rampage ripblade launcher.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mark 

You have a good start there. Since its Alpha there aren't too many things to critique yet other than I can pass through the enemies and your scale is way too big for doors and props etc....

User is offline   Jaap 

View PostMark., on 02 January 2016 - 03:51 PM, said:

You have a good start there. Since its Alpha there aren't too many things to critique yet other than I can pass through the enemies and your scale is way too big for doors and props etc....

Thanks for the feedback Mark, I totally missed being able passing though the enemies. I was unsure about the scale and went to make it too big I guess.

User is online   Jblade 

Just played this, it's a good gameplay idea that hasn't really been done before in Duke - like Mark said there's not much to critique but with proper detailing and stuff in the map it could make for a really neat little map pack.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options