Duke4.net Forums: Anime/Manga Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anime/Manga Thread  "Probably will have NSFW/18+ content so yeah, you have been warned."

IF YOU DON'T LIKE ANIME OR MANGA, WE DON'T CARE. DON'T POST YOUR HATE HERE. IT'S NOT NEEDED.

Posted Image

Because I was too lazy earlier, and I know some people don't want to see it (it being Anime/Manga/Hentai) in the Post Thread even though it's major lulz, I'm making a new thread.

So this thread is for anime/manga discussion, pictures, figures, games, etc. I would ask though that fansubs be not provided though since that's more legal worries than just freaking people out.

Images in this thread should probably be safe for work ones, while NSFW stuff should be linked. Also with the NSFW, please tag it. I'm pretty sure not everyone who enjoys hentai enjoys all the kinds of hentai so tag something if you do link to it. You know [Futa][Yaoi][Yuri] etc. (I'm not sure who here would enjoy Yaoi besides Dave-ros (;)) but if for some reason you have to post some Boy Love, tag it).

Note: Not sure what the stance is on loli, but keep the loli to SFW images. Don't offlink that stuff since some people like Dave-ros might get slapped cause of it. ;)

If there are any additional rules that Yatta needs to impose to prevent this place from getting into trouble, I ask that he makes them known.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ZuljinRaynor: 10 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

User is offline   Dave-ros 

10 awesome points for the first person to draw an anime-style Ted ;)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Count me in, Dave...

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

Posted Image
I have nothing more to say

..scratch that.

Anime Ted = instawin!!! ;)

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 10 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Could you show me yaoi gif please? I've never seen a yaoi.

Clearly we are lacking in Mikuru Beams.

Posted Image

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Man lotan, that's fucking brave ;)
I'll hide behind this rock now...

Could be worse.. he could have asked for some furry.

Now I should say.. this thread needs more HnI
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 10 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

I can't find a gif, and frankly I don't want to look for one. But well I have an image.

[NSFW][YAOI][CENSORED]

Go explore that site if you want to find some. I get most of my stuff from there, I just don't look for yaoi.

Furry shota yaoi hentai? Oh dear, I wonder who's just come here via Google... ;)

Posted Image

Text all your friends Dave-ros! ;)

... yeah I'm fine with posting funny gifs or cute gifs or naughty gifs but I'm not into extreme stuff. And I honestly don't think it would be in the best interests of the community members.

Most extreme stuff is meh, with huge dicks and it's all in your face.

But the thread needs more "gattai."

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ZuljinRaynor: 10 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostZuljinRaynor, on May 11 2009, 01:36 AM, said:

I can't find a gif, and frankly I don't want to look for one.

Wow, that's cold.

Anyway... thanks. Though, I thought it won't be NSFW.

View PostLotan, on May 10 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

Wow, that's cold.

Anyway... thanks. Though, I thought it won't be NSFW.

Well, it's hard to find a safe for work yaoi. I didn't mean to come of cold, it's just the idea of boy-love puts me off. ;) Most of the yaoi I've accidentally seen is hardcore, and I don't go looking around for it. Sorry if I came off cold, I didn't mean to. ;)

Okay here's a safe for work yaoi image. [YAOI]

This post has been edited by ZuljinRaynor: 10 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Thanks! That pic is nice.

Btw, if it's safe why you're putting a link then? ;)

Also, I realized why I wanted to see something like that. It's pretty stupid cause I'm not an anime buff, so I'm gonna mention the most famous anime, I guess.

In the first season of Sailor Moon. Zoisite and Kunzite relationship was pretty beautiful. Though, it was really subtle and in the background. But it had a nice touch. Of course, in the third season...

This post has been edited by Lotan: 10 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Yes, but in the American version, they made Zoicite a female character! Presumably partly because s/he dresses as Sailor Moon in one episode... can't have MEN dressing as GIRLS, can we? Kids might get confused... ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

And they also translated Haruku and Mitsuru as cousins, AFAIK.

Is it ok to even discuss SM here? Kind of like discussing Star Wars in a Sci-Fi movies thread, no?

I've seen the first two seasons in Japanese (albeit with the obligatory dumbed-down Western subtitles that translate neechan as [character name]), so I have no problem with it. However, don't discuss Lucky Star or Zuul will explode with delight ;)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostZuljinRaynor, on May 10 2009, 05:20 PM, said:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE ANIME OR MANGA, WE DON'T CARE. DON'T POST YOUR HATE HERE. IT'S NOT NEEDED.

Lols at anime butthurt.

What?

View PostDave-ros, on May 10 2009, 06:06 PM, said:

I've seen the first two seasons in Japanese (albeit with the obligatory dumbed-down Western subtitles that translate neechan as [character name]), so I have no problem with it. However, don't discuss Lucky Star or Zuul will explode with delight ;)

Grr, Lucky Star isn't on my Top 10 list. ;) However I would discuss it. I would discuss The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and what else too. I'll list everything I've seen/read sometime.

Actually, with the translations, the one thing I hate about fansubbers is how they do some of this stuff. Proper translations don't leave in honorifics or whatever so at time Big Brother/Younger Brother/Big Sister/Younger Sister should be translated to the character's name as opposed to just the family members role. I mean, my brother doesn't go around calling me Big Brother or anything. :D

That's how Japanese people talk, though -- I hate it when subtitlers pretend they're speaking like Americans, when they're actually talking like the Japanese (fair enough if it's an anime not set in Japan). Oh, I just wish I was fluent enough to do without subtitles at all ;)

How should I put this, while I enjoy honorifics, I can HEAR them when they speak it. The subs are supposed to be for fluent understanding though. It's like accents in movies. If the whole movie is set in Russia and everyone is speaking Russian, but in the film they use english instead of subtitles, it should be clean english with no accents because to them they are speaking Russian fluently while they are only translated to English for understanding so it should be unaccented fluent english.

The Japanese may talk like that, but in English you don't... and a translation is supposed to be transfer of understanding.

If you're gonna leave stuff like that in, then why not all the forms of "I" and "You?"

I think there's a balance to be struck. After all, I'd have less respect for a French film if the subtitles didn't keep in nuances like "Monsieur/Madame", and "I have a little English". They're not speaking like us, they're French! But it can go too far the other way, I know -- keeping in too many suffices would be annoying, and would work better in manga where you can have notes that don't get in the way ;)

Anyway, never mind the serious discussion, let's have some yaoi yuri! ;)

View PostDave-ros, on May 10 2009, 06:33 PM, said:

I think there's a balance to be struck. After all, I'd have less respect for a French film if the subtitles didn't keep in nuances like "Monsieur/Madame", and "I have a little English". They're not speaking like us, they're French! But it can go too far the other way, I know -- keeping in too many suffices would be annoying, and would work better in manga where you can have notes that don't get in the way ;)

Well, it must be for me cause I can hear what they say, I want the voices to be fully in Japanese while the English I want fully to be in English. Give me better understanding.

View PostDave-ros, on May 10 2009, 06:33 PM, said:

Anyway, never mind the serious discussion, let's have some yaoi yuri! ;)

Well, I was too lazy to sort out my NSFW Yuri stuff so I just got some safe for work stuff. You can see Kanako nose bleeding at the top cause she's a lesbian. It's from Maria+Holic.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Hey Zulie.... any thoughts on episode 5 of the new Fullmetal Alchemist series? Also, did you say you had seen the 6th episode as well?

Episode 5 I really liked. They did a great job with Scar, making him seem very powerful and threatening to all the State Alchemist. Also, it was hilarious to see Al beating on Ed when he's all busted up. ;) Looking forward to the next episode.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on May 10 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

Hey Zulie.... any thoughts on episode 5 of the new Fullmetal Alchemist series? Also, did you say you had seen the 6th episode as well?

Episode 5 I really liked. They did a great job with Scar, making him seem very powerful and threatening to all the State Alchemist. Also, it was hilarious to see Al beating on Ed when he's all busted up. ;) Looking forward to the next episode.

Oh yeah. I thought Episode 5 was really good. The animation to the fight was good and Scar is defiantley threatening.

I saw episode 6 today since it came out today. The first half is when Ed and Al along with Armstrong stop by in the town where Marcoh is and he tells them about the Philospher's Stone research, the second half is in Reesembool. Winry and Pinako fix his automail and Armstrong hugs Ed to death. Kinda disappointing to me since I really like Winry so I would've prefered the second part to be a whole episode, but it's still going strong. It seems like they are just going to speed through the overlapping parts. I hope they slow down a bit for the new stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if they still go fast. The thing is gonna be more than 50 episodes for sure, it might be in the 70s.

Hajime no Ippo. The greatest sports anime/manga after Ashita no Joe
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XUE6Z6SVaIE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XVOBqxzWEkI

Ps. "NANA NANA NANA NA!!!"

This post has been edited by Ramen4ever: 10 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

View PostZuljinRaynor, on May 10 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

Oh yeah. I thought Episode 5 was really good. The animation to the fight was good and Scar is defiantley threatening.

I saw episode 6 today since it came out today. The first half is when Ed and Al along with Armstrong stop by in the town where Marcoh is and he tells them about the Philospher's Stone research, the second half is in Reesembool. Winry and Pinako fix his automail and Armstrong hugs Ed to death. Kinda disappointing to me since I really like Winry so I would've prefered the second part to be a whole episode, but it's still going strong. It seems like they are just going to speed through the overlapping parts. I hope they slow down a bit for the new stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if they still go fast. The thing is gonna be more than 50 episodes for sure, it might be in the 70s.

Yeah, I figured they were just trying to get through the parts the original series hit on quickly... and when they get to the new stuff they take their time with it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options