• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] TamDuke

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:42 AM

User is offline   pmw 

I think there's no need to kill the Emperor. Secret level is probably hardest, strangest and stupidest map of this episode. There's a lot of stuff with no point at all.
And btw...good death count you got there :thumbsup:

Only 3 maps anymore to go, keep it going.

edit

edit

User is offline   Merlijn 

Great release! I've played all the regular maps and saved the secret map for another day. :thumbsup:

It's really cool to see a quality episode with every map being based on a real location in the same city.

I have to echo what most people said: the episode starts out pretty good, but it gets really good once you reach level 5.
Some areas lacked in lightning, especially in the first few maps. You can clearly see how you progressed as a mapper.

Personal highlights:
- the sheer size of level 5. I know this isn't everyones cup of tea, but I enjoyed every minute of this level.
A huge hub area, almost every building can be explored, and blowing up tons of baddies and see gibs flying everywhere never gets old. :)
It reminded me a bit of ck3d's levels.

-The outdoor location of level 6. Holy shit, good job on that one. Also liked the intense rooftop sequence in this level.

-The last 2 levels are standouts design-wise, the water plant was very well made and you also did a great job recreating the train station.

-A lot of ammo for the explosive weapons so you can use them on the regular enemies without worrying about conserving ammo.

Only thing I didn't like was that huge wave of enemies at the end of level 8. It felt out of place to have a Serious Sam styled massacre.
It also caused a bug with the water which made it nearly impossible to finish.

PS: but if you enjoy that type of gameplay, you should try Battlefield 3 by Sangluss. :(

I couldn't find half the keys on every level past the 3rd one (and I did spend a good 10-15 minutes on each before resorting to noclip so yeah I'd say thats a first for me only because I like the look of the levels) but apart from that it was great! Yeah the levels are realistic but because of the key hunting they end up not being particularly fun to play. Its an issue I ran into another mod but for different reasons, if we get these fairly big (or even fairly cramped places like the subway station) there really shouldn't be that well hidden areas for the keys because I spent far to long being lost and going to the same areas more than once.

This post has been edited by theunbeholden: 30 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

User is offline   pmw 

Thanks to all for playing this episode, and thanks for all the comments/ideas/bug reports.
I see a lot of people liked map5, due to size of it.

I want to make 2-3 maps more for this episode....there are some nice places here what I want to create with Build. mm.... So maybe we are back in business after ~5 years when I finish the addonpack.

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

User is offline   Jolteon 

View Postpmw, on 05 January 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

I want to make 2-3 maps more for this episode....there are some nice places here what I want to create with Build. mm.... So maybe we are back in business after ~5 years when I finish the addonpack.

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options