Duke4.net Forums: Snowfall's newest usermaps - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Snowfall's newest usermaps

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Posted Image
Pipe Dream (New Version)

Now there are three doors that require to fix a button using a toolbox in order to be unlocked. If you pick the new route, at some point you'll be able to get back to the 'older' route - if you wish to get all kills and find all secrets. :)
In the new route you'll explore a backyard filled with 'hobo boxes' and an intelligent use of one of the TC features: you can get to the interior of a dumpster - through the 'door feature' of the TC (Yuck!). :)
Anyway, there are 11 secrets now and a change in the boss battle. :P

Posted Image
Spookeycut

Explore a sort of egyptian-catacombs themed map embodying the knight of the squad: Merlijn! ;)
Warning: the map is filled with lost ghosts (at some point you get ambushed by three of them), so if you felt uncomfortable in 'Dis Base' ambient or jumped from your chair while exploring 'Ghost Ship', this map might not be for you. :D
Don't let this discourage you! You get Merlijn's magic sword (Slot-7 weapon) before the very first encounter with a ghost! Use it to send them back to hell! :D
It would be a good idea to change your speciality weapons for the occasion, as there aren't any upgrading machines and you may prefer the Blunderbuss replacement.
If you really want to try the map but don't want to suffer the jump-scares of the ghosts... in EP2 there's a new artifact that comes in handy for this mission. ;)
There's a ton of treasures for the brave explorers! :P

User is online   zykov eddy 

I'm stuck here. What shall I do? Do I have to solve the combination by myself or is there some other way I've missed?

Posted Image

User is online   Jblade 

you can use the PDU to determine the combination with the scanner module :)

User is offline   Jolteon 

I had played both maps, here's my thoughts on them.

For Pipedream, I had played the previous version of the map, and It was good. challenging near the end, but it was fun. I played this new version, and took the new route, and the new area looks great. I think the design was well done. Also I notice that you can go into a dumpster in that area ( :) ). I did noticed a little glitch though., where inside the building on that route, I can see the skybox for some reason.

Attached Image: duke0019.png

But either way, the new route was cool. I did also notice the boss battle was different as well.
Spoiler

This new version of pipedream is great and fun.

Now for Spookeycut. First thing I want to say (and I probably said this before) is that I Definitely HATE those ghosts. They are everywhere in this level, and they of course always spook me whenever they attack. I don't like them. But other than that though. the layout of this level is still good. It does have some nice architecture, as well as neat puzzles, and mechanics in the level (like the pit where fireballs come from the walls). This is another fun, but challenging level, as long as you're not attacked by a ghost.

Both maps are great, and I am looking forward to seeing more maps made by Snowfall. :)

Oddly enough the problem is different for me O_o

Attached Image: duke0002.png
Attached Image: duke0003.png

There must be a problem either with the rendering or the texturing system. Or maybe there must be something wrong with my cfg ...

User is online   Jblade 

It's missing some art tiles I added for episode 3 that Snowfall used in the map, grab them here:

https://www.mediafir...xrotoao8k4aeamv

and put it into your AMC TC directory.

Hey weird : I already have a file called Tiles079 is this normal O_o ?

User is online   Jblade 

Yes it's normal, over-write it.

View PostJblade, on 21 November 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

Yes it's normal, over-write it.

It's fixed now, thou hast me gratitude man ^^ !

View PostJolteon, on 20 November 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

[...]I Definitely HATE those ghosts[...]

Yes... Snowfall placed their spawning points in places where they are definitely going to reach you, at least once. (Not anymore, by now I know all their spawning points :P)
The Lvl 3 Mind Shield research protects you from the first attack but if you get ambushed by two or more of those... well, you are definitely going to witness a neat screen distortion effect. :)
If you inverted time completing Zaxtor's 'Jungle Base' -it isn't THAT hard. If you get lost you can always watch this video to help you finish the map- you should have an artifact that comes especially in handy when dealing with lost ghosts. :)

Somebody should tell Snowfall to register at duke4.net and post his future maps here.

View PostJblade, on 21 November 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

It's missing some art tiles I added for episode 3 that Snowfall used in the map, grab them here:

https://www.mediafir...xrotoao8k4aeamv

and put it into your AMC TC directory.

That did the trick, I don't see the random skybox in that building anymore. Thank you.

Attached Image: duke0020.png

View PostRhaisher, on 21 November 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

The Lvl 3 Mind Shield research protects you from the first attack but if you get ambushed by two or more of those... well, you are definitely going to witness a neat screen distortion effect. :)

I do have the mind shield lvl3, but since there's so many of those ghosts, it doesn't always work. Plus it doesn't even help too that there are other enemies around along with the ghosts (Not to mention that there are some underwater :) ).

View PostRhaisher, on 21 November 2015 - 04:51 AM, said:

If you inverted time completing Zaxtor's 'Jungle Base' -it isn't THAT hard. If you get lost you can always watch this video to help you finish the map- you should have an artifact that comes especially in handy when dealing with lost ghosts. :P

I think I might of gotten it already, but i'm not 100% sure. Is there anyway to check if I did got that artifact already? I could try play that level again to see if I did get it already. (I did already complete jungle base on Professional, it's a fun level.)

AH FINALLY someone who likes Zaxtor's level :) !!!!

I was feeling lonely there ^^

View PostJolteon, on 21 November 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Is there anyway to check if I did got that artifact already?

Of course. Jungle Base's artifact is
Spoiler

Edit: If you're planning on playing 'Spookeycut' in anything else than normal... I recommend bringing a golden dagger/sword with you. There's an armored enemy that can't be hurt even aiming for its head. :)

BTW, next time you play 'Pipe Dream' check out the nice graffiti inside the dumpster. :)

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 21 November 2015 - 01:09 PM

View Postthedrawliner, on 21 November 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

AH FINALLY someone who likes Zaxtor's level :) !!!!

I was feeling lonely there ^^

Yep, his levels are fun as long as you know about them. :)

View PostRhaisher, on 21 November 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Of course. Jungle Base's artifact is
Spoiler

I checked, and I do have it.
Spoiler

Edit: If you're planning on playing 'Spookeycut' in anything else than normal... I recommend bringing a golden dagger/sword with you. There's an armored enemy that can't be hurt even aiming for its head. :P

I'll keep that in mind if I ever play it on professional.

BTW, next time you play 'Pipe Dream' check out the nice graffiti inside the dumpster. :P

I looked, and I found this.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 22 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

Hello !!

I would like to ask a question about SpookyCut .. I have found 8 of the 9 secrets and therefore I would like to know where the last one is ^^ Although to avoid spoiling I will simply ask >> Where is the Axe (Merlijn's slot 4 weapon) ? Or is it actually any present in the level ?
Because in the end I end up with all the weapons except for the axe :/

I have dncliped all around the place and couldn't find it O_o

I'm sorry to bump up this thread but it's better than making a new topic just for a simple question suppose >_>

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

In the version of that map I'm looking at there's an ax on the raised area in the room with 8 switches on the columns. Since you missed that, I'm guessing you also didn't find the secret in that general area.

You should learn how to use mapster. It's INCREDIBLY easy to move around and view things. Load up the map. In 2D mode, move around by holding the right mouse button and dragging. Zoom by scrolling the mouse wheel. In this mode you're literally looking at a map, and can see hidden areas you might not have noticed.

Press keypad enter while in a sector to enter 3D mode:
Look around by holding right mouse button and dragging.
Move forwards/backwards by holding the left mouse button and dragging.
Move left/right/up/down by holding both mouse buttons and dragging.

There are also keyboard commands to do the above, but the above mouse controls are very easy to use.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 20 July 2017 - 01:57 AM

View PostMicky C, on 20 July 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

In the version of that map I'm looking at there's an ax on the raised area in the room with 8 switches on the columns. Since you missed that, I'm guessing you also didn't find the secret in that general area.

I've checked that area and also the one with water and 8 switches as well and I don't see anything around those places O_o
I did find a secret in the area with switches on columns but it contained inventory item ... Either we don't think of the same place, either I got a glitch, either the version of the map you posses has modifications :/

I also managed to check those areas in Mapster (for once I manage to do something with it thanks to you) and saw nothing in particular nothing but things I'm already aware of o_O
Either I'm blind or there's a problem somewhere >_>

• Honored Donor

It's possible the version I have is more recent.

There's a search feature in mapster which I'd call one of it's most advanced/difficult to use. If you want to search a sector, hold alt while pressing F7, this will bring up a bunch of fields. You'll want to write "32767" next to "lotag". Then hit escape, and pressing either [ or ] will cycle you through the tagged sectors. 32767 is the tag that makes it a secret area.

View PostMicky C, on 20 July 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

It's possible the version I have is more recent.

There's a search feature in mapster which I'd call one of it's most advanced/difficult to use. If you want to search a sector, hold alt while pressing F7, this will bring up a bunch of fields. You'll want to write "32767" next to "lotag". Then hit escape, and pressing either [ or ] will cycle you through the tagged sectors. 32767 is the tag that makes it a secret area.

I manage to enter the logtag and it displays "searching for logtag 32767" but pressing ] or [ doesn't do anything but PC error sounds as in "no can do" >_>

Maybe you could tell me instead what is the name of the sprite for the axe since the sword's is "Shotgun Sprite" and so on and then I'd just search everywhere for said sprite ?

EDIT : THAT'S IT, I found the last secret I missed, it's in the huger water room where we jump from platform to platforms before the room with lots of teleporting tiles. HOWEVER I looked absolutely everywhere and there's no ax in the level in the end. I looked for things like "chaingunsprite" and such and found nothing ...

THANKS anyway Micky you're teaching of Mapster really helped ^_-

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 20 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

• Honored Donor

Did you get the search to work or did you find it some other way?

To search for the ax, you need to do the same thing but by pressing F8 on a sprite, and searching for picnum 22 (which as you say is the chaingunsprite I think).

This post has been edited by Micky C: 20 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostMicky C, on 20 July 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

Did you get the search to work or did you find it some other way?

To search for the ax, you need to do the same thing but by pressing F8 on a sprite, and searching for picnum 22 (which as you say is the chaingunsprite I think).

No the search function still didn't work, I just looked everywhere on the map in search for "chaingunsprite" and instead I found a secret area in that place where I didn't remember seeing anything when I had dncliped everywhere ... let's say I found something while looking after something else ^^

BTW I tried with Neutrino and Pipedream (because I miss 2 or 3 secrets on the former and 1 on the latter) and it's one hell of a huge mess it's unreadable for the likes of me O_O The search function sure would come in handy if it worked >_>

• Honored Donor

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 20 July 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

No the search function still didn't work, I just looked everywhere on the map in search for "chaingunsprite" and instead I found a secret area in that place where I didn't remember seeing anything when I had dncliped everywhere ... let's say I found something while looking after something else ^^

BTW I tried with Neutrino and Pipedream (because I miss 2 or 3 secrets on the former and 1 on the latter) and it's one hell of a huge mess it's unreadable for the likes of me O_O The search function sure would come in handy if it worked >_>

The search is working for me. Are you sure you tried both [ and ]?

Pressing backspace in 2D mode toggles the floor textures, which can make it easier to make sense of things. Also, pressing F3 toggles a kind of semi-3D view of the 2D map which makes it a lot easier to get a sense of highly vertical maps.

View PostMicky D, on 21 July 2017 - 02:48 AM, said:

The search is working for me. Are you sure you tried both [ and ]?

Pressing backspace in 2D mode toggles the floor textures, which can make it easier to make sense of things. Also, pressing F3 toggles a kind of semi-3D view of the 2D map which makes it a lot easier to get a sense of highly vertical maps.

Well yes I did try them with pretty much everything (ctrl, alt, altgr, maj, capslock ...) and it always made PC error sounds just like when you press key combination that aren't recognized or when you click away from a mandatory window >_>
Actually maybe the problems comes from the fact that I have an AZERTY keyboard (parceque je suis Français bien sûr) and I'm pretty sure mapster uses QWERTY keys and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that ] and [ are elsewhere in QWERTY.
Just in case I have [ and ] respectively on 5 and ° with AltGr

BTW with dnclip I finally found the secret I miss on Pipedream, and I now miss 2 secrets in Neutrino and since the latter uses a huge skybox it's hard to dnclip everywhere but it's unreadable in maptser ^^

BTW 2 using Mapster I actually got to understand how you guys use skyboxes in maps, you simply map a small landscape somewhere apart from the main map and code it to replace the "skytexture), Pretty clever :thumbsup:

• Honored Donor

Yeah skyboxes are pretty nifty in the TC for many reasons. Once you start using them in maps it's difficult to go back to vanilla mapping.

I'm under the impression that's more or less how most games do skyboxes though? Still pretty impressive that it's been pulled off in the Build engine, especially in classic mode (although it doesn't work with screen tilting unfortunately).

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMicky D, on 22 July 2017 - 08:03 AM, said:

I'm under the impression that's more or less how most games do skyboxes though?

Yeah, it's almost identical to how you make skyboxes in the earlier Unreal games so I got hang of it very quickly.

One last thing, I finally managed to get the search feature to work in mapster and it's as I thought, the bracket keys are $ and ^ on my keyboard instead of 5 and ° and so I found everything now !

Thanks again Micky, thou hath been of great help :thumbsup:

BTW why is it Micky D now ? I thought it was C O_o

• Honored Donor

It is Micky C, one of the most must have changed it. Not sure why or what the point is Posted Image

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMicky D, on 23 July 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

It is Micky C, one of the most must have changed it. Not sure why or what the point is Posted Image

I am an admin now and this was my inaugural abuse of power.

• Honored Donor

Congrats!

I'm... honoured? Although the term "inaugural" implies there's more to come Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options