Duke4.net Forums: System Shock: Enhanced Edition released on GOG - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

System Shock: Enhanced Edition released on GOG

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

NightFright, on 23 March 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

But with which money? They burned through everything. I think any release date they can provide right now seems pretty unrealistic.

They spent all the backer money so now they are burning through their own.

User is offline   Malgon 

I wasn't able to back this on Kickstarter because I don't have a credit card, and even when they set up the Slacker Backer page Paypal wasn't an option, meaning I still couldn't back it. I guess it was a sign telling me not to put money towards it, and I'm glad I didn't, as the game was clearly suffering from feature creep and not going to deliver on the original promise of being a remake. Now that they want to go back to that we can only wait to see if that turns out to be true.

This post has been edited by Malgon: 23 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

To be honest... mentally, I have given up on it. Even though it'd be nice to actually get something for the bucks I had invested into this.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

NightFright, on 25 March 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

To be honest... mentally, I have given up on it. Even though it'd be nice to actually get something for the bucks I had invested into this.

Realistically speaking the backer money was surely not all wasted. I mean they made a lot of assets and whatnot and some of those will be reused and the game itself is not super huge if they do stick to the plan of being more faithful to the original design. A game will come out at the end of all this and based on the pre-alpha demo as crazy as this may sound they know what they are doing, they just have to refocus the whole thing.

User is offline   axl 

New expectations: Q1 of 2020

http://www.ign.com/a...b525c4c0c000588

User is offline   leilei 

There's a GPL source release for the Mac port of System Shock now.
https://github.com/N...tudios/shockmac

Sort of related because we all know what the demands are going to be when it comes to source ports.

This post has been edited by leilei: 05 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Here's a new Kickstarter update detailing the state of the System Shock remake, there are a few new screenshots too:
https://www.kickstar...k/posts/2135868

To sum things up:

- They let a bunch of developers go, now they are working with a smaller team, the one that produced the pre-alpha demo under Unity.
- They are using a lot of stuff they developed for the previous version.
- Around September they are expecting the game to be fully playable from start to finish. At that point the highest tier backers will receive that version for testing.

User is offline   Outtagum 

Near the finish line. Release planned for late Summer 2021.

New Demo and Pre-orders are on Steam, GOG and EGS.

User is offline   Outtagum 

So much for Summer 2021 (or 2021 at all I'm guessing).

@26:50

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options