Duke4.net Forums: Any 64-bit Linux port of Shadow Warrior? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any 64-bit Linux port of Shadow Warrior?

User is offline   r.a 

I tried building both JFShadowWarrior and SWP for 64-bit Linux. JFShadowWarrior says unsupported architecture or CPU not supported in 64-bit, and SWP requires 32-bit compiling.

Eduke32 builds for 64-bit Linux, so any reason why ShadowWarrior can't be ported to 64-bit Linux?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I have done some work to attach JFSW to our engine, but the project is firmly on the backburner in the face of other responsibilities. When it's done, SW will run on everything that EDuke32 does.

User is offline   r.a 

Wow, thank you for the promising and unexpected info. Can't wait to have eduke32 run SW in native 64-bit!

User is offline   r.a 

Ok, here is my status after two and a half years.

As of yesterday, I was able to build latest git version of jfsw in 64-bit Linux, and it is working just fine. I love how I can use the mouse for aiming and turning, which was almost impossible to do using dosbox. Finally I can progress through the game without frustration.

Thanks to JonoF team, Eduke32 team, and all the others who made this possible! And of course the publishers and developers of Shadow Warrior, and GoG and Steam for bringing this game to light. I even bought the new Shadow Warrior for Linux because of this little classic.

Anyway, my Shadow Warrior collection running under Linux is now almost complete.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options