Duke4.net Forums: Gearbox & 3D Realms/Interceptor settle Duke Nukem lawsuit. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gearbox & 3D Realms/Interceptor settle Duke Nukem lawsuit.

So what does this mean for the movie rights? Does Gearbox own them, or do 3D Realms/Interceptor still own them?

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

This is pretty crazy maybe Fred could get here and make some kind of confirmation post of this worry. Though I know that might be against there terms, if gearbox owns the entire thing that's actually sad and no one is blaming Interceptor for this. My little sister even knew Duke didn't belong. We can standby and hate gearbox all we want but the bottom line is what it is. I am not in any form trying to diss anyone either, nothing but love here and hope for Duke and even 3DR. Someone please clarify this.....

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I really don't see how anything has changed other than the fact that all future games will be in Gearbox's hands. So we won't see Mass Destruction. Big deal. But there's been nothing said to suggest that 3DR/Interceptor lost the rights to the old Duke games. If that was the case they wouldn't be able to continue selling them like they STILL are on Steam and GOG. They'd be taken down immediately. The Duke games are still in the 3DR legacy pack on Steam, for instance. I doubt that's something Gearbox can just "take over" the revenue of. There's a lot of worry here over nothing from my perspective.

User is online   Gambini 

By reading Pitchford´s and Fred´s statements it sounded like they were like:

Posted Image

j/k :D

View PostNever Forgotten, on 21 August 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

So what does this mean for the movie rights? Does Gearbox own them, or do 3D Realms/Interceptor still own them?

I think Gearbox owns them, they do own the Duke Nukem IP in general.

And agreed this doesn't sound like much has changed, we heard Gearbox became the new owners of the Duke franchise years ago. This just puts an end to the legal dispute. Which is a very good thing, since this makes a new Duke game coming out legally problem free.

Duke Nukem 5 from Gearbox some day, hey I can wait. If it's out in the next four years that'll seem breezy compared to what we're used to. :D

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 22 August 2015 - 01:15 AM

Prior to the lawsuit it was undisputed by the parties that 3DR had the movie rights. If this is not the case it was changed by the settlement agreement.

View PostKristian Joensen, on 22 August 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

Prior to the lawsuit it was undisputed by the parties that 3DR had the movie rights. If this is not the case it was changed by the settlement agreement.

Ah, I figured it all went to Gearbox, aside from the old games. I do remember when 3DR licensed the Duke rights to some Hollywood company I forget who did nothing with it.

View PostPlayer Lin, on 19 August 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Can't we just leave him alone from this mess, seriously?

But it's so much fun to beat that dead hippo... I mean horse. :D

View PostKristian Joensen, on 22 August 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

I was under the impression that Gearbox would own every product that makes use of the Duke Nukem IP and is released after the IP transfer has taken place. Is there any link that documents the status of the Duke Nukem movie rights?

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 24 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options