Duke4.net Forums: Haunted Nukem - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Haunted Nukem  "Boo"

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I was looking for mappers but I have all that is needed thanks.
Duke is having a nightmare, what he does not realize is how much blood lies ahead. Duke has to take the (blood) elevators down to the core of the horror and stop the beast. This will be made to have more depth as the maps come out! Write the story with the maps type. (Things are bound to change a bit as time comes closer to release)
This is hanging out at the mod site here http://www.moddb.com...s/haunted-nukem

Contributors as of now:
Bullerbuller7 (code)
M210(code)
St1llWanted (map)

Posted Image
Release Date: 0ctober 31st (Early ass in the morning) So get some beers and load your shotgun xD

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 21 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

• Turok Nukem

Had to remove sorry

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 21 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

User is offline   StarNukem 

I like the style, I can provide any help if needed :D

User is offline   blizzart 

Is the use of TROR allowed?

• Turok Nukem

Yes if the mapper is okay with it not being available on Megaton its okay. I will be using my steam workshop, friends list, and Duke group pages(announcements) to promote it by posting to these and including links to the full download. So there is a decent audience believe it or not. I know its not a huge project but its guaranteed fun at the least. :D

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 21 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Looks cool.

User is offline   xenoxols 

looking great. Would love to help in some way, but I've never made a build map.

• Turok Nukem

View PostTea Monster, on 19 August 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Looks cool.

Well thanks that's better then ignoring it really is thanks much :D

View Postxenoxols, on 19 August 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

looking great. Would love to help in some way, but I've never made a build map.

That's okay you seem pretty busy with your Strife mod anyway looking forward to playing that when its done to looks awesome! But its no worry this will be finished with our without others, so it will release regardless. Stick with the Strife :D

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 20 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

I would love to try that in coop on EDuke32 or megaton

• Turok Nukem

Okay I have all mappers I need. Thanks for support before the release I appreciate that to the ones who did. For now its sitting on moddb for the release date stated above.
http://www.moddb.com...s/haunted-nukem

There is going to be more stuff coded into this for sure things are changing ; ) Only reason I posted this in map section was to see if any mappers were interested.

If you still want to join pm me I will try..

Thanks see you sooner or later.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The screenshot looks interesting with a unique style but it's in desperate need of some shading and possibly a few shadows. The adjacent walls really need to pop out.

Out of curiosity who are the mappers involved?

• Turok Nukem

Yeah its just how I make maps, I do shading last that way I won't create sectors that could get in the way of something I would like to add if I think of it later. Don't know if that's a good way but it works for me because I made shading first one time and it got in the way of something I wanted to add. This includes any shading even on adjacent walls because the shape or form of an area could change. So I have a finalization stage which covers that and other things as good as I can.

The only mappers I could mention is the ones that have contributed already so me and st1llwanted. Would like to also add that so far its no one on this thread.

This post has been edited by 64Ghost: 22 August 2015 - 09:19 AM

Does the blood shotgun actually function differently or is it just a reskin?

• Turok Nukem

View Postxenoxols, on 26 August 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

Does the blood shotgun actually function differently or is it just a reskin?

The weapons have alt fire and regular fire, just as they are in Blood.

But I have come to a predicament here. I don't know if I want to use the Blood weapons or keep it original Duke any suggestions on this are okay...... I mean I know for sure I am using my 64 wood grip pistol but not sure about the Blood weapons because sometimes I like to keep it as Duke as possible and other times I like the Blood weapons and it already has new textures and sprites. So I'm stuck there atm, with not much time left to decide. But at least the weapons are already done and ready if I decide to use them or not.

The maps are done and organized, I have not promoted the moddb page because I did not want to run my mouth more till I knew it was near done and a possibility. As of now its very possible that I finish this thing all on time :) The moddb page should be getting updates within the next few days.

Question for anyone: So it does take about 24 hours for the upload to go through on moddb?

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 27 October 2015 - 09:18 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSixty Four, on 27 October 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

Question for anyone: So it does take about 24 hours for the upload to go through on moddb?

Last time I uploaded a Mod DB update, it only took a couple of hours for it to become live, and it gave me a timer so I knew exactly when the download would become available. If you are creating a new mod page, then it probably takes longer.

Looking forward to this! I love horror fun, and putting that into Duke is a groovy combo.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

Wow, I've only played a little but it's pretty great so far. I like that there are headshots.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Looks promising. Will play once the sun is gone over here. Btw., before uploading a mod it's wise to remove unnecessary files like textures, *.cache and Thumbs.db, and check your eduke32.log ...
Loading "duke3d.def"
Error on line duke3d.def:20.
Error: file "menu/3670.png" does not exist
Error: file "menu/2457.png" does not exist
Error: dummytilerange: Invalid tile range on line duke3d.def:55
Error: dummytilerange: Invalid tile range on line duke3d.def:62
Error: dummytilerange: Invalid tile range on line duke3d.def:75
.....Error: file "limbs/9006.png" does not exist
Error: file "limbs/9007.png" does not exist
Error: file "limbs/9008.png" does not exist
Error: file "limbs/9009.png" does not exist

• Turok Nukem

That's true Leo I updated the file one last time last night and I forgot to remove those things and I did not check the log not much time to check it for me. Well hope you can enjoy people happy Halloween I know its not the best :) For people who don't know you should be able to download it now and it plays fine. I will clean some of the files so it doesn't show missing files like that in the log whenever I get a chance I am pretty worn out. 2 months is a pretty short time I think I will roll over in my grave now :P Anyway the maps were made pretty quickly but I think they offer some spice :)

http://www.moddb.com...s/haunted-nukem

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 31 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

Played the first three levels just now, good stuff! Very cool atmosphere, I dig the jumping sections, and the Blood style guns are fun to use. And always fun to see heads go flying. :)

• Turok Nukem

Thanks dood hope you enjoy its just for fun :) check out the video Headshots galore

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is glorious! Amazing work!

• Turok Nukem

Thanks a lot feedback is nice even though was quickly made I put a lot into it I am haunted was first release this year, the music is all from Resident Evil 0-4 was fun making. One map is now on steam

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=545703093

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 01 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

Finished this. It was loads of fun, gotta love head shots xd

Favorite map; Boss map. then 1st map, Forest Blood.

Some stuff I want to comment on,
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Drek: 02 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

I tried to play this, but I couldn't.
I downloaded the mod from moddb link, tried to run the eduke32.exe found in the folder, but it is bitching about compatibility with my system (I am using Win7 Professional 32 bit).
I replaced it with my current eduke32.exe and tried to play again. To my surprise it worked, but only for the menu. Once I hit the first level the game crashed before the pistol animation has finished.
What's going on?

• Turok Nukem

Thanks Drek, glad you had fun! yeah this is a little treat for the trick :) hehe

Anyway, yeah this project was planned to be even smaller then it turned out even the maps were made quite quickly. I want to give a breakdown of how long the maps took to make in completion.

Level 1: About 20 hours spread out within 10 days
Level 2: About 12 hours spread out in 8 days
Level 3 About 12 hours spread out in 8 days
Level 4: About 40 hours spread out in 15 days
Level 5: About 8 hours spread out in 3 days (lol this map started on Oct28th)

Anyway it was made to just be a nice experience with decent mapping that had some kind of consistency among each map to match. Not my usual maps and made much quicker, I could complain about a few things myself but overall imo its fine. I would so do something like this again if I had the time, not to ambitious or over thoughtful. Just straight up classic fun with consistent maps and some extra fun features. I actually had some self rules like no more then 5k walls and map can't take longer then 10 days. Level 4 exceeded this I ended up putting more into level 4 in case the boss map couldn't be made but it turned up. Level 4 is very open you can go either way you just have to look for it. That map is tricky though I admit pretty much I ran out of time on each but that was the plan and goal and I think I hit where I wanted to though :)

Mister Sinister I am really not sure why it would be incompatible that's the first time I heard that before its simply the latest eduke32 I believe. Unfortunately I have no idea since its working clear here :/

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMister Sinister, on 02 November 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Once I hit the first level the game crashed before the pistol animation has finished.

Could you trigger the crash again using a debug build and then send us the eduke32.log and eduke32.crash.log (if one exists)?

Nevermind, I tried the latest eduke build and it worked just fine.
The mod itself was good, but I wish it was longer and harder. Anyway, good job, man!

• Turok Nukem

Your wish is funny heheh joking longer and harder lol :) yeah I wish it was longer to but you never know maybe there will be an ep 2 and this time I could spend more time on it and possibly add some updates to the features. I would probably just apply an update to the original called ep2 I don't see that being impossible the only thing I look at is my time and how I don't have much of it these days. But hey this was fun as hell and hope maybe it adds to encouragement to create things like this for others its a fun experience never over thinking or doing. Death Drive kind of motivated me to make something similar to that so yeah :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options