Duke4.net Forums: I need to revert to Adobe Reader 9 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need to revert to Adobe Reader 9  "can't find installer anywhere HELP"

User is offline   Mark 

I recently installed Google Chrome and it's built-in PDF viewer has an interface I don't care for. Lots of people share that complaint. For some reason Google removed the ability to run Adobe's own reader from within the browser. Since I was on an update binge I decided to update from Adobe Reader 9 to their latest, whatever number that is. The interface is close but not quite to what I have been used to for years so I want to revert back to version 9. Problem is the newest version wiped out 9 from the drive and despite google searches bringing up a ton of hits for version 9 it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone here happen to have the original install .exe file?

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMark., on 11 August 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Problem is the newest version wiped out 9 from the drive and despite google searches bringing up a ton of hits for version 9 it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone here happen to have the original install .exe file?
http://www.oldversio...acrobat-reader/

User is offline   Gambini 

I use Foxit reader, was so sick of acrobat autoupdating and changing settings on my system. I consider it a lot better: https://www.foxitsof...cts/pdf-reader/

User is offline   Mark 

I can't believe I forgot about oldversions.com I've used it in the past but its been a few years since the last time. I have version 9 back on and configured just right.

Gambini, I was tempted to try out a few of the many 3rd party pdf extensions for Chrome but I thought " what are the chances that any of them are going to get me exactly what I wanted from the older Adobe version."

I shut off any access in my firewall program and unchecked it in the program itself so autoupdating is not a problem. But thanks for the suggestion. Its taking some time and effort but I'm slowly getting Chrome tweaked and to my liking. A few things left to do though. I'm picky.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options