• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Can you please post the maiden.log from when this happens?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostTerminX, on 29 December 2018 - 10:15 PM, said:

Can you please post the maiden.log from when this happens?

Sure. give me a moment to clear the current one, restart a game & turn autosave back on.

This post has been edited by Forge: 29 December 2018 - 10:26 PM

User is offline   Forge 

apparently it was a false positive.
It locked the game every time I exited the garage area- through either the vent or ceiling secret area. I turned off autosave & played until the yellow card elevator. Now I can't get it to reproduce the issue.

sorry for bothering you.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I'm having crashes with the latest beta too but they seem to happen at random. Image freezes, sound stops, then the usual "wanna wait for the program to respond, sucker?" Win 10 message pops up.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostZaxx, on 29 December 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I'm having crashes with the latest beta too but they seem to happen at random. Image freezes, sound stops, then the usual "wanna wait for the program to respond, sucker?" Win 10 message pops up.

and this little nugget of information wasn't important when you were discussing the other issues you were having?
post your maiden.log from when this happens

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostForge, on 29 December 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

and this little nugget of information wasn't important when you were discussing the other issues you were having?

I was like "it's a beta for a reason I guess" (and when it comes to the judder stuff I've waited for a fix for years before saying anything so I'm a patient man, you know). :) Will post my log when it happens next time.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 29 December 2018 - 11:50 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostZaxx, on 29 December 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

I was like "it's a beta for a reason I guess" (and when it comes to the judder stuff I've waited for a fix for years before saying anything so I'm a patient man, you know). :) Will post my log when it happens next time.

years?
February 2018 wasn't years ago, but okay.

i set my nvidia control panel profile for ion maiden power management mode to prefer maximum performance - so it comes off idle when I play the game.
My pissy little 650 ti doesn't judder. The rest of my computer is just as shitty and dated, and I don't have the issues you do.
things that make you go, "hmmm".

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostForge, on 30 December 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

years?
February 2018 wasn't years ago, but okay.

I'm having that problem in everything EDuke32, that's how I have it for years.

Had it on a different CPU and a GTX 560 too back in the day. Do you lock your fps?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 30 December 2018 - 12:32 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I found out about two things after messing with IM's settings a bit more:

- the judder I get happens in software mode too,
- I can "fix it" by changing my fps limit so for example if I get judder and switch my limit of 120 to 60 the judder stops even when I set it back to 120.

Edit: Btw. I have a pretty beefy CPU but I was surprised how well the software renderer runs now. Never dropped below 60 fps in 1080p.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 30 December 2018 - 01:18 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostZaxx, on 30 December 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Do you lock your fps?

yes.
@60.
If I let it free-range, I get outrageously high fps numbers, hitches, and tears

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 December 2018 - 01:03 AM

• el fundador

View PostZaxx, on 30 December 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

- I can "fix it" by changing my fps limit so for example if I get judder and switch my limit of 120 to 60 the judder stops even when I set it back to 120.

Edit: Btw. I have a pretty beefy CPU but I was surprised how well the software renderer runs now. Never dropped below 60 fps in 1080p.

Thanks, that's useful information.

• el fundador

I uploaded a new build to the testing branch on Steam. Maybe it fixes your issue.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

It did not fix it but I can give you more info! :) (I'm sorry, I never considered myself lucky)

First things first: during one playthrough I managed to crash the game twice so here are my logs:
https://www.mediafir...o1e/IM_logs.rar

I noticed that there is an inconsistency in how my screen tearing behaves (this was in the previous version too and it also happened when I was playing Rednukem): when I start up the game with a 120 fps lock there are 2 subtle but clearly visible tear lines on the screen (and that's how it should be really) but as time goes on they can get "bigger" and instead of tear lines they start looking like "tear stripes", basically taking up a bigger portion of the screen. I know this sounds pretty dumb but I can't describe it better and I think this may have to do something with the frame times getting gradually worse.

It also got my attention that just like save points / map loading can start causing the judder they can also fix it and that's seemingly true for quicksaving too (there was one point where I started quicksaving repeatedly and one of those quicksaves fixed it).

On a sidenote: found this bug that wasn't in the previous beta (the monitor screen is not coming up from the desk, I could still pick up the yellow key though so it's not game breaking):
Posted Image
Anyway thanks for trying to help even on a weekend, that's some mad dedication there.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 30 December 2018 - 05:42 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

That monitor will be fixed, it's already fixed in my local dir but wasn't pushed as part of u3 to avoid any breakage.
Proximity sensor (distance trigger) had some of it's logic changed to better match the correct radius seen in mapster, making it possible to skip the trigger completely now (it used to be larger than what it showed in the editor).

User is offline   Forge 

View PostZaxx, on 30 December 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

out of curiosity I set my fps limiter to 120 to see what would happen - the game hitched in the beginning, which it didn't do at 60fps. Then it froze and crashed shortly after I got out into the street. The log file doesn't show much of anything. Most likely because I have to ctrl-alt-del out of the game then bang the mouse button until the close or wait prompt appears.

edit: set it back to 60fps - zero issues.

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 December 2018 - 09:33 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Finally gave it a go and I must say I was pleasantly surprised even though I more or less knew what to expect, the best thing was for me to find out that you can headshot enemies and that the game works perfectly on my old ass GTS 450, I wish I could say the same thing about World Tour.

Also loved how the boss started to destroy environment, the game has a lot of nice attention to simple details overall, like when you almost kill it too. As for level design, not only maps are "connected" which is a nice touch or big and again full of a lot of details and they look kind of more "realistic", like you can mess around with a lot of stuff what can also bring you even to secrets (can get a chair, jump on it and or there is even more complex shit), not to mention that there are shitton of secrets. I was really surprised to see that many, though saw people on Steam complained about it or that it's easy to get lost (which even if true to some people isn't a bad thing, not like you can't find a way to progress further anyway). Oh, and the game looks really beautiful.

Shelly is fine and looks cute even when she's nearly dead. Would be nice if she had a bit more personality or talking though, but sure it shouldn't be too overdone. Not sure what's the deal about SJW bullshit talking anyway, she's not really annoying and neither is she a man with a cunt, guess some people are too paranoid. Music is also pretty good, I'm in a hope that you guys will release it maybe as DLC (but please, if you do so release it in FLAC and mp3, not just mp3 or slightly better lossy format).

The only big issue I have with it is that this is definitely not enough and I can't wait for more. Hopefully end product won't be too short. Guess I gift the game to some people who like Duke and not aware of Ion Maiden and make a better review for the game.

P.S.: Good trailer, was quite amusing and nice to see "tired of old-school impostors?".

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

FYI, soundtrack is just XM files, you can just plop them in Winamp 2.95 and listen to those with any sort of mixing you'd like, or even create seamless loops!
But yeah, we plan on doing an official render for things like the big box.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

Well, that's convenient. Speaking of big box, it will include an actual game, not a digital code right? If so, perhaps it's worth getting if I won't miss it.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostSledgehammer, on 30 December 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Well, that's convenient. Speaking of big box, it will include an actual game, not a digital code right? If so, perhaps it's worth getting if I won't miss it.

Yes the Founders Edition includes a copy of the game on a floppy disk with a USB drive installed in it. If we do another less expensive edition the plan is that it will still include at least a copy of the game on CD.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm hoping for a cheap plain CD version with no fancy box. The packaging means nothing to me other than taking up shelf space.

This post has been edited by Mark: 30 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMark, on 30 December 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'm hoping for a cheap plain CD version with no fancy box. The packaging means nothing to me other than taking up shelf space.

I'll take your packaging.

User is offline   Mark 

I'm cheap. So if a fancy boxed version is too much I won't be buying. I know, my loss. :)

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 31 December 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

I'll take your packaging.

I bet you would.

User is offline   Master O 

I don't want to see any of you guys' packaging. :)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I....I did not think that one through.

The Slipgate Studios website has launched, revealing that they are apparently responsible for the console ports of Ion Maiden: http://slipgate-studios.com/

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Alex Dawson has a humble description on the Voidpoint team section but make no mistake, the guy is a hardworking machine. :) Got the game runninn on a very important console right before the end of the year (as in an hour before midnight)

https://3drealms.com/team/

View PostDavoX, on 02 January 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

Alex Dawson has a humble description on the Voidpoint team section but make no mistake, the guy is a hardworking machine. :) Got the game runninn on a very important console right before the end of the year (as in an hour before midnight)

https://3drealms.com/team/

That shows dedication. Very impressive.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostKristian Joensen, on 02 January 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

The Slipgate Studios website has launched, revealing that they are apparently responsible for the console ports of Ion Maiden: http://slipgate-studios.com/

Yes, Grzegorz Zawadski is contributing invaluable hands-on experience with our console targets. It's still very much a team effort!

User is offline   Forge 

View PostDavoX, on 02 January 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

Looking through those mugshots again, I came to the conclusion that DavoX would win a Royal Rumble.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options