• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostKathy, on 25 January 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

I tried it, but it was too tricky to line up. In Haskel's House there is a tight room with a crack, which I couldn't blow up with bombs that way.

Tried throwing them with alt-fire and it worked.

Grenades from the grenade launcher should explode on impact with the crack now as well, among other changes and fixes in v4.1

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostZaxx, on 22 January 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

Heskel's House of Horrors

So, is there going to be a level taking place in the Jungle of Doom as well?

Also loved that Shadow Warrior reference :)

User is offline   Sanek 

Can you play the new level and skip the first one? I can't check it out by myself right now.

User is offline   NNC 

I saw a Doom reference as well in AASHITTY.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I tried out QotH with update 4.1. The performance again was improved. There’s one performance bottleneck however; the frame rate drops quite low when there’s a large number of those red coat crossbow guys shooting. Is there potential for that particular element to be further optimised?

User is offline   NNC 

I would love to see an update with those new enemies, even if they are smaller in numbers. That would give an extra dynamic for the whole gameplay.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Qoth will be revisited but not during EA period.

User is offline   Hank 

All I can say is: Sweet.

Spoiler

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHank, on 26 January 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Spoiler

I didn't think Loss could be topped...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Really enjoyed the new map guys. It was a good challenge, really nice locations and secrets and references abound. The final battle was a little too tough for me and I just skipped out the exit. Not sure I like the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son enemy that much.

The performance issues I had many months back (just general sluggishness as reported by many others) have been greatly improved, didn't really have any problems.

Only issue I had was trying to "snipe" with the crossbow. Assuming it was the "where you aim is where you shoot" type weapon, I opted to try and snipe the patrolling guards in the outdoor area from the bed room windows. The crossbow kept autoaiming at the flying drones and generally just not shooting through the window like it seemed it could. Maybe I was abusing the windows, but hey, it didn't feel as accurate as I felt it should have.

This post has been edited by Jimmy 100MPH: 26 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

I've shoot some enemies through the window alright, though not with the bow. I have autoaim disabled. Not sure why it's enabled by default with proper mouse look.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostHank, on 26 January 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Spoiler

Wow.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Such easter egg. Much find!

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Is that a reference to something? I mean I found it (don't forget to check that room more thoroughly...) but I didn't get it. :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Memes? In a retro shooter? Can't say I agree with that but as long as it's not intrusive I'm fine with it.

User is offline   Forge 

Dave's not here, man.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostZaxx, on 27 January 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Memes? In a retro shooter? Can't say I agree with that but as long as it's not intrusive I'm fine with it.

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Never got what that one was either so guess it's not intrusive. :)

User is offline   Hank 

View PostZaxx, on 27 January 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

Is that a reference to something? I mean I found it, ... but I didn't get it. :D

There is an entire thread about doge, in the Outhouse, and it's funny in my books.

I love attention to detail. Dog(e), coffin and all those candles, someone spend some time decorating this. There is much more to the new level, but this room had to do.

I've got my arse kicked, hard, at the fight pit. (Now your turn to laugh at the old fart :lol: ) The one thing retro here is game play. The levels are top notch, exciting to play, can't wait for the game to come out. :)

This post has been edited by Hank: 27 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

Don't worry Zaxx, I don't understand the whole dog thing either. I tried to ask people why it was funny, but the only answer they could give me amounted to little more than 'Ha ha, doggy funny, hyehyahyuerrhyahyuhhyahyuk!' and a barrage of more dog pictures. Eventually I concluded that there was nothing to get and that it was more a case of not getting the people who found it funny, having previously assumed their sense of humor had progressed beyond that of a kindergartner, apparently I was mistaken.
There's some old saying about 'it's not a joke if you have to explain it' after all. What the dog amounts to is little more than misplaced lettering and grammar that you'd find in the playground; 'Yor names Daniel? Moar liek... umm... Spaniel!!! Hahahahaha!' 'Miss! They're calling me names again!'.

As for the image in the game, it looks oddly out of place. Also the room is strangely reminiscent of that 'Amsterdam Lolita' someone dug up in some guy's old maps a few months ago.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 27 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

After Forge posted that pic I remembered it being a thing a few years ago so at least I got the dog I guess. That's why I don't like if memes get "immortalized" in video games though: they age the game since the joke will be lost at one point. That's why it's great that Duke quotes stuff like Evil Dead in Duke 3D: movies like that never go out of fashion and the lines are funny even in the case you don't get the reference. Having the dog in a casket is funny though ("dead meme lol").

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 27 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

User is offline   Forge 

The Doge meme is the combination of half a dozen pop-culture references. You know, those things that are littered throughout other Build based games, like Duke Nukem 3D.
There was also some other (popular) 3rd person shooter type game that had a hidden "Doge Mode". & this could also be a shout-out to that.

But go on with your haughty selves. In-game jokes are below thy status.

Glad you guys are here to Lord over the references and tell the rest of us if they are worthy.
We need confirmation to let us know when it's okay to laugh.

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

User is offline   ALF Dude 

Most of the references in old Build games are outdated and most people wont even get them nowadays. Hiding memes is basically the same thing as those old references were at the time so I see no issue at all with them. They will get outdated eventually but so did most of the jokes in Duke 3D. I quite enjoy seeing some more modern things being referenced.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Duke
Spoiler
is Dead

User is offline   Master O 

View PostLunick, on 27 January 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

That's not the Standard Galactic Alphabet, is it?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMaster O, on 27 January 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

That's not the Standard Galactic Alphabet, is it?

It is not, you may need to do some reading https://en.wikipedia...iki/Loss_(comic)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Are you at a "loss" to figure it ou-....

Oh, dang you already said it.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostHigh Treason, on 27 January 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

Don't worry Zaxx, I don't understand the whole dog thing either. I tried to ask people why it was funny, but the only answer they could give me amounted to little more than 'Ha ha, doggy funny, hyehyahyuerrhyahyuhhyahyuk!' and a barrage of more dog pictures. Eventually I concluded that there was nothing to get and that it was more a case of not getting the people who found it funny, having previously assumed their sense of humor had progressed beyond that of a kindergartner, apparently I was mistaken.
There's some old saying about 'it's not a joke if you have to explain it' after all. What the dog amounts to is little more than misplaced lettering and grammar that you'd find in the playground; 'Yor names Daniel? Moar liek... umm... Spaniel!!! Hahahahaha!' 'Miss! They're calling me names again!'.

As for the image in the game, it looks oddly out of place. Also the room is strangely reminiscent of that 'Amsterdam Lolita' someone dug up in some guy's old maps a few months ago.

One thing is to not like a joke, easter egg, whatever, it's ok. I don't mind at all.

EDIT: I'm editing my last sentence to something more diplomatic...

What are you implying with your last sentence? I really hope its not what I think it is.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 27 January 2019 - 06:50 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I mean, why is any meme funny? Meme Review exists for a reason. To show us that they're not all funny really at all and that we're just used to laughing at stupid stuff.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options