Duke4.net Forums: Buildsharp - Blood may come back - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Buildsharp - Blood may come back

User is offline   Lune 

So, this Cosmo The Coder dude is currently working on a very interesting project to run Blood's assets, I haven't seen any topic regarding this and it would be a shame for it to go unnoticed.
"BuildSharp is an application, currently in development, that can read from and utilise assets from Build games and be used to generate games via a scripting language"

BuildSharp Project
BuildSharp Youtube
BuildSharp Facebook

He did a stream on development sometime ago.

User is offline   Psycho87 

C# ...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Welcome to Duke4.net!

View PostLune, on 10 July 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

So, this Cosmo The Coder dude is currently working on a very interesting project to run Blood's assets, I haven't seen any topic regarding this and it would be a shame for it to go unnoticed.
"BuildSharp is an application, currently in development, that can read from and utilise assets from Build games and be used to generate games via a scripting language"

Another day, another Transfusion, ZBlood, or BloodXL. If it's not using BUILD itself, it's an imitation. With enough work, it could be an approximation, but the law of diminishing returns applies.

User is offline   MetHy 

ANOTHER recreation of Blood ? Are you kidding me?! What's up with that game, this is like the 20th one.

User is offline   Lune 

View PostHendricks266, on 10 July 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Welcome to Duke4.net!

Another day, another Transfusion, ZBlood, or BloodXL. If it's not using BUILD itself, it's an imitation. With enough work, it could be an approximation, but the law of diminishing returns applies.

ty,

Yes, but it is still nicer than running through emulation and all the hassle to make it run on newer os (that blood re-release with dosbox was offensive, to say the least. :) ). The author is basing the code from the open source engine games and from the works of other people that messed around with blood files, hopefully it'll be alright.

I think people should focus on making Blood 2 a good game instead.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

What happened to the blood TC for EDuke that someone was making?

User is offline   Mark 

The BloodTC by M210 ? I saw him in the forums a day or 2 ago asking something about getting his code converted to LUA. So I guess he might still be working on it. I don't know if any more levels or features have been completed.

Here is his web page. http://m210.duke4.net/

This post has been edited by Mark.: 11 July 2015 - 02:17 AM

User is offline   ZedSlayer 

View PostPikaCommando, on 11 July 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

I think people should focus on making Blood 2 a good game instead.

I'd argue the Extra Crispy mod does a decent job with what limits it can bend to make the game a bit better.

User is offline   Jim 

Well, we already know that BloodCM can't run Blood User Maps, if this can run mods like Death Wish it would be really useful

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

If you got all the different Blood game approximations and ran them together, you'd get something that worked.

... but because one graphic was a shade lighter than in the original game, none of the hard-ass blood players would go near it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options