• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Media

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

There's no way that much gaming goodness can go to waste.
Someone needs to cough up that measly 5 million.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostAltered Reality, on May 10 2009, 09:13 PM, said:

There is a workaround. Just upload the .move file to http://media-convert.com and choose the format you want it converted to.

I already uploaded to you tube hours ago, but it's been pulled for nudity. Not copyright which is odd. (who the fuck is going around flagging them?)

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

I'm not reading 7 pages so I wouldn't know what points have already been brought up, but there were a few things that looked annoying to me.
The most annoying is probably Duke falling, and having to wait for him to get up again, when he gets hit. That's not very Duke-style, and is contrast to everything they've said about having speed in this game (I remember the mighty boot discussion for example, about the ability to walk and kick at the same time). It could just be rare though, and that the rate at which this happens in the video is deceiving.
Also, some scenarios look boring (could also been seen on the EDF filled tunnels some fired employee uploaded).

Well I guess none of this matters anymore. This video didn't really excite me, it shows how much my interest dropped after all those years.
Thank you ultra tree 85! for making me aware of the video, though ;)

User is offline   Jinroh 

Christ...what's with all the nitpicking. It's DNF! You all should be happy to see the video especially since current events have made the game release questionable. So if we never get to play the game we can at least awe at the awesomeness before us. Just my 2 cents. I'm just happy to see what I may get to play someday.

Cerberus_e said:

The most annoying is probably Duke falling, and having to wait for him to get up again, when he gets hit.

I don't really see that as a problem. I see it as badass awesomely stylized. I mean, it's only as far as I've seen from large concussion type attacks. Like the Cycloid Shockwave and some other stuff. The one after the middle finger is scripted so that's fine.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 10 May 2009 - 02:42 AM

I saw this posted at the 3D Realms forums... all I really have to say is: Fecking awesome , the game looks like it could've been fun. To bad we'll probably never see it finished ;)

This post has been edited by Hectic-Zombie: 10 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

User is offline   Stevey Boy 

Man that looks so good, its gotta survive on the weight of that, because theres obviously loads more where that came from

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostJinroh, on May 10 2009, 12:42 PM, said:

Christ...what's with all the nitpicking. It's DNF! You all should be happy to see the video especially since current events have made the game release questionable. So if we never get to play the game we can at least awe at the awesomeness before us. Just my 2 cents. I'm just happy to see what I may get to play someday.

Who are you to tell others how to feel or what to post?

One "enthusiasm only" thread is quite enough.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Good stuff, but zchri9 in all honesty, how is this "leaked" by you?

User is offline   Kathy 

He found the file looking through the directories on the site.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Now all the directories are password secure ;)

/Brags\
most ever online: 599
(Members: 5, Guests: 594) on 10 May : 19:50

Most users ever online was 303 on May 10 2009, 03:47 AM

This post has been edited by zchri9: 10 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

View Postpeoplessi, on May 10 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

Good stuff, but zchri9 in all honesty, how is this "leaked" by you?

That's what I have also been wondering, I'm sure when I was uploading and looking through the video of it on You Tube I saw one that was uploaded well before Zchri9 made this thread but has gone now just like most of them since everyone has started uploading it.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 10 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

zchri9: Yeah, I've heard you've done this in the past... not to mind stalked 3D Realms staff. 3D Realms must be happy now.

This post has been edited by peoplessi: 10 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

That's what I have also been wondering, I'm sure when I was uploading and looking through the video of it on You Tube I saw one that was uploaded well before Zchri9 made this thread.

The oldest one on youtube is the one NUKEMDAVE uploaded, which was the first upload. 8 hours ago.
After I posted it on the forum he came downloaded it and uploaded it to youtube.

View Postpeoplessi, on May 10 2009, 11:26 PM, said:

zchri9: Yeah, I've heard you've done this in the past... not to mind stalked 3D Realms staff. 3D Realms must be happy now.

lol, Yeah I guess it would because it now gives them a right to push for legal action because he admitted to doing it. ;)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

This post has been edited by zchri9: 27 March 2010 - 03:32 AM

View PostJinroh, on May 10 2009, 12:42 PM, said:

Christ...what's with all the nitpicking. It's DNF! You all should be happy to see the video especially since current events have made the game release questionable.

Who says I'm not happy to see this video? I can be happy seeing the video while not being blown away by the video. I'm not going to say it's woah woah very great because it's DNF ;)

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostCerberus_e, on May 10 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

Who says I'm not happy to see this video? I can be happy seeing the video while not being blown away by the video. I'm not going to say it's woah woah very great because it's DNF ;)

X-Vecta said:

Who are you to tell others how to feel or what to post?

One "enthusiasm only" thread is quite enough.

Tough Crowd. How about this one? "What's the deal with airplane peanuts?"

User is offline   Sangman 

Shit that looked like fun.

User is offline   Techbot 

I could be wrong, but isn't that "TEST" icon folks were mentioning earlier the 'box of pipebombs' sprite from Duke3D?

User is offline   necroslut 

It looks soooooooo awesome. Somebody better get this out.
This is a game I'd definitely want to play even if it wasn't Duke.

User is offline   hiob 

The footage looks very cool. *sigh*

I know the vids been removed from youtube twice already, but here is another. Has JaceHall interview with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ptqn83RNoE...re=channel_page

Babe removed so hopefully wont get taken of youtube for dumb reasons.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostPsyrgery, on May 10 2009, 04:16 AM, said:

Why not show it? The game's cancelled and 3DR is dead...

There has been NO official statement on the status of the game. At this point, it being on "life support" is most accurate.

I still hold out the slightest bit of hope that this is an insane idea thought up by the 3dr guys to kick off the "hype" campaign.
I remember George saying that the guys there were throwing around ideas about how to go about doing this. Could they
have said "How about we start the hype by saying the company is closing?" Meanwhile, George had plans all along
to shutter 3drealms and move back under the Apogee title with all the 3dr employees following him there. So it is
actually *true* right now that 3drealms is closed and the employees there have all been "let go". Apogee is apparently
claiming a "Duke Nukem" announcement is coming shortly and Joe is apparently going to be switching over the 3drealms
website to another, smaller server which may experience down time. I remember George saying he'd like to update/redo
the 3drealms website when the hype campaign starts.

What if and this is a huge WHAT IF?, what if the 3drealms website goes down this coming week and when it's brought back online,
it's actually the Apogee website and an announcement is on the front page: SURPRISE, DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS DONE, 3DREALMS AND
ALL OF IT'S EMPLOYEES ARE NOW APOGEE!! Then we see an embedded full blown trailer and screenshots.

I think 3drealms would be the only company crazy enough to actually do this.

At least....I can dream.

Tis a damn good idea though, isn't it?

Yes KaiserSoze, and all those fans having committed suicide for nothing ;)

This post has been edited by Cerberus_e: 10 May 2009 - 04:20 AM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

At least....I can dream.

Yes, you can dream. But it's time to wake up now. Wake up to the nightmare. Mr. Kaiser.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postkaisersoze, on May 10 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

There has been NO official statement on the status of the game. At this point, it being on "life support" is most accurate.

I still hold out the slightest bit of hope that this is an insane idea thought up by the 3dr guys to kick off the "hype" campaign.
I remember George saying that the guys there were throwing around ideas about how to go about doing this. Could they
have said "How about we start the hype by saying the company is closing?" Meanwhile, George had plans all along
to shutter 3drealms and move back under the Apogee title with all the 3dr employees following him there. So it is
actually *true* right now that 3drealms is closed and the employees there have all been "let go". Apogee is apparently
claiming a "Duke Nukem" announcement is coming shortly and Joe is apparently going to be switching over the 3drealms
website to another, smaller server which may experience down time. I remember George saying he'd like to update/redo
the 3drealms website when the hype campaign starts.

What if and this is a huge WHAT IF?, what if the 3drealms website goes down this coming week and when it's brought back online,
it's actually the Apogee website and an announcement is on the front page: SURPRISE, DUKE NUKEM FOREVER IS DONE, 3DREALMS AND
ALL OF IT'S EMPLOYEES ARE NOW APOGEE!! Then we see an embedded full blown trailer and screenshots.

At least....I can dream.

Let me make an appointment Kaiser.

I hope G od, or whatever the ruler of this fucking chaotic universe is, may hear you.

I want to dream, I want to believe we will be playing this hottie this year.

The whole internet is melting with the news and every leak from the game.

IT CAN'T DIE THIS WAY, NOT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

I need a shoulder to cry on ;)

User is offline   Kathy 

View Postkaisersoze, on May 10 2009, 04:17 PM, said:

Why do you still at the "denial phase"? You need help, bro?

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postkaisersoze, on May 10 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

Don't you understand how insulting this is to 3DR, the idea that they would pull such an asshole move?
I've never been George Broussard's or Scott Miller's biggest fan, but even I deem them above such a thing.

Never mind that it's totally unnecessary and also incredibly unlikely that they could get everyone involved to go along with it, especially Take2.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostRedSplat, on May 10 2009, 08:25 AM, said:

Yes, you can dream. But it's time to wake up now. Wake up to the nightmare. Mr. Kaiser.

No, I'd rather stay sleeping and dreaming.............

;)

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Demo reel of animations is demo reel.

It looks sweet, shows some gameplay in as much as said game play shows his animation work (why do you think Duke falls down and gets up? Bryan did that animation)

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options