Duke4.net Forums: Fallout 4 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostMicky C, on 09 October 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

64-bit only?

How else can be used more than 4gb of RAM?

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

These promos are pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Vw21X2jKwCM
https://www.youtube....h?v=H6yt-43Vp1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuo7AuDGNN8

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 12 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Some stairs in Melbourne from my trip to PAXAus:

Posted Image

Fallout 4 was on show in a private area apparently but they were showing more gameplay of DOOM compared to Fallout 4.

User is offline   Malgon 

Somehow I completely missed all the articles a couple of weeks back about the retail PC version still requiring Steam to complete the majority of the install. Only about 5ish GB are installed from the disc and then the remaining 19ish are downloaded from Steam. No playing the game tonight. :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

From what I've heard, it's pretty buggy (par for the course with Beth' games). For those calling in sick to work so that they can play - you may want to wait till the first patch drops before you inform your boss that you won't be in today as your dosimeter has gone black.

User is offline   Malgon 

Yeah, from what I'm reading it really is a Bethesda game, with some people being unable to even start the bloody thing. Performance issues seem to be all over the place too, with good systems running poorly and weaker systems running fine. I expect the Nexus to be flooded with mods pretty quickly for UI tweaks, graphics updates and stuff that their games usually receive.

Edit: Not really a mod, but it still made me laugh

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malgon: 10 November 2015 - 03:20 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I have no time for companies who take a half-assed attitude to players and the quality of their own products.

With Bethesda though, they do get it right after a rocky start. They have also issued some cracking titles over the last year or three.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

Aside from some performance drops from god rays in some areas, I've been relatively lucky.

It's quite good for a beth game, they really focused on the gameplay this time around and as a result it feels more like something like STALKER and less like a bad translation of a PnP RPG to an action game.

They even made it so going on the hardest difficulty doesn't just jack up enemies health to impossible amounts. It does slightly, but it really just requires you to aim for vital areas, and it also spawns more dangerous enemies instead of just making a roach insta-kill you

The gunplay is really good.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 11 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

I'm digging it so far. Feels very much like Fallout 3 to me, which I also liked.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 November 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Reminds me of this...

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 22 November 2015 - 09:53 PM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

View PostBloodshot, on 11 November 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Aside from some performance drops from god rays in some areas, I've been relatively lucky.

It's quite good for a beth game, they really focused on the gameplay this time around and as a result it feels more like something like STALKER and less like a bad translation of a PnP RPG to an action game.

They even made it so going on the hardest difficulty doesn't just jack up enemies health to impossible amounts. It does slightly, but it really just requires you to aim for vital areas, and it also spawns more dangerous enemies instead of just making a roach insta-kill you

The gunplay is really good.

Ok after playing a lot and letting the hype fade away, I was wrong about this.

Survival is a bunch of bullet spongey bullshit. Only way I made it bearable was to get a mod that makes me do 3x normal damage on survival (kinda like how STALKER does difficulty) but harder enemies are still taking bullshit amount of damage to unarmored areas of the body.

Seems like in a beth game making things more difficult means a raider with power armor on still takes 40 hits to the face when his helmet is off and his head is exposed.

Also charisma is gimped as fuck because the speech checks for the most part do fuck all and dialogue options are made to give you the illusion of choice.

Still really fun though, and power armor is amazing

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 27 November 2015 - 09:20 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

That's why I still sticked at Very hard for challenge and more legendary items, cannot stand on low HoT in Survival mode at all, and that's way way way far to FNV's Hardcore mode if you ask me. :)

User is offline   Loke 

Fallout 4: New Vegas

http://www.moddb.com...out-4-new-vegas

User is offline   Player Lin 

Finally someone want to try do that...

But I tired about stories on 2281...but better than nothing.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options