Duke4.net Forums: Fallout 4 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4

User is offline   Malgon 

Finally Bethesda gives us something for Fallout 4! More info about the game is coming at the Bethesda E3 conference on June 14. PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 are the confirmed release platforms.

http://www.shacknews...-and-pc-release

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 03 June 2015 - 07:28 AM
Reason for edit: better thread titles pl0x

I'm worried about how Doom 4 will fare now, because although having a big fanbase, Fallout's fanbase and cry for Fallout 4 is even bigger.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 June 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

I'm worried about how Doom 4 will fare now, because although having a big fanbase, Fallout's fanbase and cry for Fallout 4 is even bigger.

Why would that affect it at all? Two completely different games being published by the same company and not likely to be released in the same window.
I've had a theory since the Bethesda E3 conference was announced that Doom would open it, and Fallout 4 would close it.

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 June 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Why would that affect it at all? Two completely different games being published by the same company and not likely to be released in the same window.
I've had a theory since the Bethesda E3 conference was announced that Doom would open it, and Fallout 4 would close it.

Hmm, good point. Perhaps I worry about it too much.

Also, check out how colors can make a difference.

Posted Image

View PostPikaCommando, on 03 June 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hmm, good point. Perhaps I worry about it too much.

Also, check out how colors can make a difference.

Posted Image

I look closely at it all and think the graphics aren't amazing, but then overall I think the colors make it pop, and overall its crisp. It might be wishful thinking, but I hope this more 'stylized' look means it'll run a lot better than Fallout 3/NV did.
Also there's rumors going around that this game will be released this year, even maybe around October. Would be a very nice surprise indeed. With how fast The Old Blood was announced then released, it wouldn't be too far fetched.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

That hand is like 3 polygons... thats quake 2 shit right there.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostReaperMan, on 03 June 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

That hand is like 3 polygons... thats quake 2 shit right there.

Granted, it doesn't look uber-stunning but let's try to be at least somewhat fair here. :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: hand.jpg

User is offline   ReaperMan 

That's not the same hand, the one above that doesn't event have fingers.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

it has fingers it's called foreshortening and occlusion.

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 June 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

Also there's rumors going around that this game will be released this year, even maybe around October. Would be a very nice surprise indeed. With how fast The Old Blood was announced then released, it wouldn't be too far fetched.

The rumour i heard that it's Doom that it set for an October release.

View PostRapture Rising, on 03 June 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

The rumour i heard that it's Doom that it set for an October release.

Where'd you hear that?
All the other rumors I've heard is that Doom hasn't been in development for too long, about 1.5-2 years now, and from the sounds of it the Quakecon stuff last year was extremely early looking.
There's been a number of rumors for Fallout 4 that talked about a talking player character, the location being Boston, a reveal trailer in June this year (which have seemingly all come true) and also mention a 2015 release date.

I'd LOVE to get both this year, but I doubt it.

View PostHulkNukem, on 03 June 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Where'd you hear that?
All the other rumors I've heard is that Doom hasn't been in development for too long, about 1.5-2 years now, and from the sounds of it the Quakecon stuff last year was extremely early looking.
There's been a number of rumors for Fallout 4 that talked about a talking player character, the location being Boston, a reveal trailer in June this year (which have seemingly all come true) and also mention a 2015 release date.

I'd LOVE to get both this year, but I doubt it.

Just one of the random rumblings i heard on the internet but there is probably just as good a chance that Doom will be released in October as Fallout 4.

Probably both unlikely for this year.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I never did finish Fallout 3. Or Skyrim. This is going to be Fallrim, I suppose. I'm not excited yet, but I could change my mind. I want to be reassured that I won't be forced to listen to huge amounts of NPC dialogue or left to wonder in the huge open world without much direction. Life is short.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 June 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

I never did finish Fallout 3. Or Skyrim. This is going to be Fallrim, I suppose. I'm not excited yet, but I could change my mind. I want to be reassured that I won't be forced to listen to huge amounts of NPC dialogue or left to wonder in the huge open world without much direction. Life is short.

Doesn't FO3/FNV and TES4/TES5(Skyrim) always let user skip dialogues by keeping click left button/hit Enter when they're say shit. I can't see any reasons Bethesda Game Studios would break it in FO4. :)

I may still wait, until FO4 is more stable and all DLCs are released, with shitload of user Mods, then buy it when it's on sale. :(

I still not finish FO3 and TES5 too, just 'randomly' play them...

View PostPlayer Lin, on 04 June 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Doesn't FO3/FNV and TES4/TES5(Skyrim) always let user skip dialogues by keeping click left button/hit Enter when they're say shit. I can't see any reasons Bethesda Game Studios would break it in FO4. :)

I may still wait, until FO4 is more stable and all DLCs are released, with shitload of user Mods, then buy it when it's on sale. :(

I still not finish FO3 and TES5 too, just 'randomly' play them...

I do this all the time, I skim the text really quick and skip the second I feel I got the gist of it, and the dialogue is usually only on the second or third word by then.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

There are some instances (at least in skyrim) where you can't skip. Usually one-line dialogues, though I think.

User is offline   Malgon 

It's probably a bit pointless to post the Bethesda's E3 schedule, as apparently they aren't going to be streaming any of it, but there may be a chance that they'll change their mind about it, or that someone will leak footage from it. Anyway, if you're interested in Fallout 4 and/or Doom, here it is:

Tuesday, June 16

1 p.m. Pacific - Doom
A look at Doom with Marty Stratton (executive producer, iD Software) and Hugo Martin (art director, iD Software)

2:30 p.m. - Fallout 4
Interview with game director Todd Howard

Wednesday, June 17

11:00 a.m. - Doom
Roundtable panel with Marty Stratton (executive producer), Hugo Martin (art director), Garrett Young (general manager), and Robert Duffy (chief technical officer)

1:00 p.m. - Fallout 4
Panel discussion with Todd Howard (game director), Emil Pagliarulo (lead designer), Istvan Pely (lead artist), and Jeff Gardiner (lead producer)

4:00 p.m. - Battlecry
A look at Battlecry with Lucas Davis (design director, Battlecry Studios) and Rich Vogel (executive producer, Battlecry Studios)

Thursday, June 18

11:00 a.m. - Doom
Interview with Marty Stratton (executive producer) on the Doom community and how players will get involved

1:00 p.m. - Bethesda Softworks
Pete Hines (vice president, PR and marketing) recaps E3 and talks about the future

3:00 p.m. - Battlecry
Deep dive into character classes with Victor Antonov (visual design director, Zenimax), Lucas Davis (design director, Battlecry Studios), and Rich Vogel (executive producer, Battlecry Studios)

Edit: Link to the original article.

This post has been edited by Malgon: 06 June 2015 - 10:58 PM

It should be noted that the Bethesda panel on June 14th will still be streamed so we will get the Doom reveal; these other events probably not.

User is offline   Malgon 

A list of stuff that will be in Fallout 4, as taken from here.

-The artists have created concept art for every button and piece of tech in the game. And we saw a lot of art. Good work, Bethesda.
-The game starts before the bombs fall, on a beautiful Saturday morning under the threat of nuclear war.
-Players will create their character in front of a mirror by sculpting their character's face and features, similar to The Sims 4.
-The main protagonist is voiced, and he (or she) narrates some of the things he sees.
-A Vault-Tec rep comes to the door to sell us entry to a nearby vault.
-The team recorded over 1,000 of the most popular names, so your name might be spoken in the game.
-Eventually the bombs drop, sending the world into darkness. We don't get much of the story, but players will emerge 200 years after the bombs, emerging as the sole survivor of vault 111.
-Player agency is still a main design goal for the game.
-After wondering the world for a small bit, the player comes back to his home town and runs into his old robot.
-The dialogue is dynamic, so players can walk away from conversation or even kill the other character in the middle of a conversation.
-The dog from the trailer is your buddy, and you can give him commands in the game. We saw the player tell him to pick up a bottle, and the dog ran it over to him.
-The V.A.T.S. system is back, and it now gives you more time to slow down time and hit the action hard.
-Howard said that Fallout 4 is the biggest, most immersive open world the team has ever worked on.
-The Pip-Boy is back, and it works as your menu, but it also can be used to play cool old games.
-A Fallout 4 collector's edition comes with a working Pip-Boy that you can put your phone into. Android and iOS devices will have a companion app that lets you access things in the game using a second screen.
-While playing the game, you can rebuild new things inside the game. We watched a demo of someone building an entire house on the fly and then decorate that house in real time. As you build out a city, people will start to show up and move into your city. If you get power generators, you can set up automated defenses like turrets to protect your settlement. You'll need these defenses because your city can get raided. Once you have multiple settlements, you can set up trading caravans between the settlements.
-The crafting system carries over to other elements in the game. If you collect enough items you can start crafting new weapons. The game has 50 base weapons and over 700 mods that can completely change your gun into something new. We saw simple pistols modified into crazy plasma rifles.
-You can even modify your own power armor.
-The game is also coming out this year: November 10. Get ready to say goodbye to your social life.

There's some cool stuff in there, especially the fact it's coming out this year. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

But how will the player character live for more than 200 years?

User is offline   Jblade 

Either Cryogenics, or he's an android/clone.

Watched some of the stuff, the whole city building thing looks kinda superflous to me but I suppose they were moving that way with the home building shit in Skyrim's DLC.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 15 June 2015 - 04:05 AM

• Ancient Blood God

It was already there in Morrowind (and before in some extent in Daggerfall).

I can't believe they've worked on this for so many years just to put out a game that looks identical to Fallout 3.

User is offline   Jblade 

Oh yeah, you could build a settlement via a quest in each of the Dunmer houses right? I never did those quest so I forgot about it.

• Ancient Blood God

One of the better questlines in Morrowind to begin with.

View PostDaedolon, on 15 June 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

I can't believe they've worked on this for so many years just to put out a game that looks identical to Fallout 3.

AHAHAHAAA

Posted Image

User is offline   Malgon 

Gamer sends entire life savings of bottle caps to pre-order Fallout 4

Posted Image
That is one way to get a copy of Fallout 4! :(

Extremely late edit: And Bethesda has honoured it! :)

This post has been edited by Malgon: 26 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

Sorry for the double-post but 2 new videos have been released.

User is offline   Malgon 

The specs have now been released:

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Link with some more release info about the game.

• Ancient Blood God

Super high specs, I guess it still works on lower end computers but they just wanted to get rid of the complaints of it running poorly.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

64-bit only?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options