• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

EP2 bug reports  "A thread for bugs"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Perhaps try using a current version of eduke32 with the mod. I know that over time the devs patched up issues regarding eduke32 trying to call Megaton assets when we didn't want them to. Not sure when it was fixed though.

A weird thing in the story is that his game wants to use a Batch file while AMC doesn't use any Batch file :/

Maybe he didn't install the game in a separate folder, putting multiple mods in the same folder can create conflicts such as that

• Honored Donor

The impression I got was that the game doesn't want to use a batch file, rather he himself wants to use one to attempt to override any additional files the game might be calling from remote locations. I'm not sure it'll work though.

Ah if HE wants to use a batch file then I understand the issue but that domain of informatics is too advanced for me ...

But maybe he could "replace" a potential batch by the use of a shortcut of EDuke and modify the "target" property of the shortcut to AMC GRP files or something like that, that's how I managed to get The Gate to work while it originally used a batch file to launch JFDuke.

Great news: I don't need a batch file after all!

I applied the patch to the AMC TC folder, and it works perfectly. I re-downloaded it from MSDN, as well, so that's another bonus....

....though I mentioned a .BAT file because the manual for the AMC TC mentioned it....I'm guessing there WAS a .BAT file at some point, but it was removed from more recent versions for being redundant.

View PostMicky C, on 22 March 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

The impression I got was that the game doesn't want to use a batch file, rather he himself wants to use one to attempt to override any additional files the game might be calling from remote locations. I'm not sure it'll work though.

It was calling files from my 3D Realms Anthology Duke 3D folder---I'd had to make several folders for mods from the Addon Pack (I couldn't figure out how to add the "-jaddons" parameter to the EDuke32 shortcut in Windows 7....which made me feel like an utter moron), and the unpatched .EXE from the AMC folder was calling all of those. I think. As of now, it works without issues, but it still lists the .GRP files for Vermin Clearance and Fusion when I start AMC's EDuke32.....I'm probably making this sound a lot more complicated than it really is.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 23 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

• Honored Donor

If it works that's the main thing. Posted Image

Let us know what you think of it after some playing.

Hello !

I've got a few new things to report ...

1_ If you have played as Mikko and finished a level with him with his default assault rifle with the Hollow Point upgrade AND you had it selected when ending the level, then when you will get to Mikko's part the Arsia Mons mission you will have his assault rifle in Hollow Point and you will be stuck with this mode until you buy the upgrade back in the TV station, pressing Alt-Fire will not put you to other modes.

2_ More serious glitch. When you peek into a box or a jar or whatever and you can select the objects you want to take ... If you hold the mouse button and try to select them the game can literally crash (but not burn). It happened to me on Providence and City Under Siege. I suspect objects that have voxels to them have something to do with it.

3_ Oddly enough with Micky and his Prototype AR, if you fire a temporary M-60 until it emits smoke and then select the Prototype AR the latter will be in overheating state even though you didn't shoot with it. I suspect the same phenomenon could be seen with Mikko and his MDF Plasma Gun.

4_ In the AMC Base I have witnessed an odd thing :

Attached Image: duke0000.png

This specific window has a rain effect on it while you see there's no rain outside. I have checked as many windows as I could and only this one has that oddity to it. Here's a non-affected window :

Attached Image: duke0001.png

(I show a normal window because the rain effect on the affected window is not clearly visible on a screen-cap so I show a normal one just so you see the difference)

5_ I don't know if it had already been reported. With James if you have both the FN-57 and the MP9 then the laser sight will always apply to both at the same time, and so if you duel-wield either of them then the laser of the other will turn off. Turn it back on and it will turn back off until you select a duel-wielded one again.

6_ It appears that Micky's default assault rifle is affected by the same glitch as the temporary FN FAL :

Here I shot standing and zoomed in :

Here I shot crouched and zoomed in:

And here's the result :
Attached Image: duke0002.png
As you can see the one on the left was supposed to be pin-point accuracy which proves that this weapon has false accuracy like the temporary FAL.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Not sure if this counts as a bug per say, since I was playing a user map when this happened, bit it did caught me off guard though and thought it was funny. :lol: I was playing my map Mars Donalds in AMC as a user map (with random enemies) when all of a sudden, this happens:

Attached Image: duke0039.png Attached Image: duke0040.png Attached Image: duke0041.png

All those pigcop tank toys that were in the level became full sized tanks and started to attack me. I did noticed though that these tanks were acting like a stay put actor (Not leaving the sector it was placed in).

Also When playing user maps with random enemies selected, I've noticed that a different enemy appear instead of a normal pigcop when a tank is destroyed. :angry: I find it weird to see a cultist or a satyr appear out of a tank, since the driver of it is a pigcop after all.

User is online   Jblade 

Also When playing user maps with random enemies selected, I've noticed that a different enemy appear instead of a normal pigcop when a tank is destroyed. :angry: I find it weird to see a cultist or a satyr appear out of a tank, since the driver of it is a pigcop after all.

The pig-cop actor gets replaced when it spawns in - it's just a gimmicky little mode so don't worry too much about how it doesn't make much sense.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Okay. I wasn't sure if it was intentional, or if it was a glitch.

Hello !!

I've just spot one anomaly concerning James' KSG and a few accuracy problems similar to the FAL for one temporary weapon and of James'. Remember I test by shooting 1 by 1 and waiting in-between each.
I hope it'll be useful because it required 18 screencap in total ^^

BTW tell me if you're interested in me finding other accuracy problems ?
I'm feeling willing to track 'em all and it'd spare you guys a good deal of searching ^_-

1_ Anomaly of James' KSG, my screen speaks for itself :

Attached Image: duke0003.png

All color variations are affected the same. A simple sprite edit should do it. It appears only this specific frame of the animation has those things on it.

2_ James' PP-19 has false accuracy :

Attached Image: duke0008.png
Attached Image: duke0009.png

None of my shots went under where I aimed and slightly more spread than the crosshair suggested.

3_ James' MP-5 has a similar issue :

Attached Image: duke0013.png
Attached Image: duke0014.png

4_ The temporary MP-40 has a similar issue :

Attached Image: duke0016.png
Attached Image: duke0017.png

All my shots should have been inside the middle circle but quite a few of them went beyond it unlike what the crosshair suggested.

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 19 May 2016 - 07:12 AM

User is online   Jblade 

About the KSG-12 - that's actually a weird glitch with rotatesprite; I have no idea what causes it but there's no errent pixels on the art tile itself. Thanks for pointing out the other stuff :)

Oh I see O_o really thought it was on the sprite itself :/

BTW I found a few oddities about Zaxtor and some more "accuracy problem" tracking ^_-

1_ For some reasons, Zaxtor's Pipebombs can either "non-explode" or explode but stay. Here's an example :

I threw some > Attached Image: duke0000.png

I detonated > Attached Image: duke0001.png

As you can see when they glitch that way they happen to become bigger, it can be picked back up but I've seen some rare iterations where they were not re-pickable (they'd just disappear upon walking on 'em).

2_ Zaxtor's Proton Canon has a small oddity with the crosshair when you're sprinting or going under water :

Attached Image: duke0006.png

If you're using the Tank's LMG while in that state you will hit absolutely nothing (the bullets don't even hit walls). But I find it easier to aim that way ^^
And if you sprint some more or stay under water the crosshair will be in "pin-point" size.

3_ I don't know if it's intentional but we can use Zaxtor's Proton Canon whilst riding the motorbike but it doesn't show onscreen :

Attached Image: duke0004.png

4_ Zaxtor's arm when using Pipebombs on the motorbike doesn't show up (unlike Sang for instance) :

Attached Image: duke0005.png

5_ Slight accuracy problem with Zaxtor's SMGs :

Attached Image: duke0007.png

My shots should have remained within the 2 inner circles but some of them went beyond (don't think tis' related to dual wielding). RC-APs and default AR have a similar issue but not by much. Super Galil seems all right

6_ I don't know if it's intentional but we can't use Zaxtor's SMGs and RC-APs while riding the motorbike if we have 2 of them, and since we can't revert to single wielding it just locks the ability away.

Lastly reminding that the MAC-10s and Zaxtor's default rifle and golden Autorifle fire more upward than we're aiming (I think I already reported that long ago). Apart from that the accuracy of the Golden Autorifle is all right.

Hey there !

Continuing my track of accuracy glitches (don't worry there doesn't seem to be much left to find) with Sang and Rusty.

1_ Sang's SR-2 has quite a problem when zoomed-in :

All my shots should have landed inside the inner circle but you see some went way beyond, almost as if the accuracy gain whilst zoomed-in didn't apply, that's something to check out.

2_ Rusty's M-41C has the opposite of Zaxtor's rifles problem :

All my shots should have been inside the inner circle and as you can see everything went under it, not even one got inside.

3_ Rusty's AK74 has a similar problem to Zaxt's ARs :

Everything should have been inside the inner circle but it all went above it and slightly more spread than it should have been.

Attached Image: duke0009.png
Attached Image: duke0010.png
Here everything should have been around the center but it all went above it.

Hey hey !

Penultimate accuracy oddity track along with 2 other things (just got 2 OCs to check out and it'll be over) ^^

1_ In the Shadow Realm there is a place where there's no killing floor and thus you are stuck forever unless you dnclip. It's in the temple where a Mamano waits after you destroyed all the statues :

2_ Here's a comparative screen merge of the glitch I reported long ago about Mikko's Golden SG.

Attached Image: duke0030.png
When glitched you can no longer shoot and there's no way to undo it (unless using alt ammo since we can select some but I had no occasion to test this).

3_ Geoffrey's default Magshot has false accuracy, with or without Laser (BTW didn't use alt fire for the screens) :

Attached Image: duke0011.png
Attached Image: duke0012.png
All shots should have landed in arround the inner circle but quite a few went beyond, some by far. Somehow his Golden variant is less affected by that.

4_ Geoffrey's default SMG has a similar issue :

Attached Image: duke0014.png
Attached Image: duke0015.png
All shot should have been in the inner circle but some went beyond, and somehow more on the right than on the left ...

HI everyone !

Potentially ultimate report (got to check John & Cie), and trust me I got a load of things to report, quite some of them are new, let's go :

1_ If we are dual-wielding Micky's Whiplash SGs while in a vehicle, we can shoot one of them with alt-fire, this will damage the vehicle but the projectiles will still go (works with all vehicles but the sprite isn't always visible) :

2_ I didn't know Micky's SMART Suit had cloning capabilities O_o :

3_ I didn't know Micky's Suit had a "3rd arm" option o_O :

Attached Image: duke0011.png

4_ Unless it's a cryptic English word, there's a typo here :

Attached Image: duke0012.png

5_ Mikko's Silver Talion has slightly false accuracy :

Attached Image: duke0016.png
Attached Image: duke0017.png
All shot should have been in inner circle but a few went beyond, mostly on the right for some reasons ...

6_ Same thing with Mikko's default AR :

Attached Image: duke0019.png
Attached Image: duke0020.png

7_ When non-scoped, Mikko's Sniper shoots slightly below the crosshair :

Attached Image: duke0021.png
Attached Image: duke0022.png
Not a single shot went above the point I was aiming at.

8_ I don't know if it's a real bug but Micky's Rocket Launcher gives you a knock-back before the rocket is fired. Consequently when I try to shoot next to a wall the rocket hits it because the knock-back changed my position before the rocket launched ...

Lastly reminding that Micky's default AR has a similar problem to the FAL but that had been reported long ago.

Greetings folks !

Ultimate report (for real this time), let's go straight to the point :

1_ The Cultist's TommyGun has an accuracy problem :

Everything went above where I aimed.

2_ John's M16 has a problem similar to the temporary M-16 when using the GL (picture speaks for itself) :

Attached Image: duke0002.png
I used the center of the gun's sight as a point of reference.

3_ Dunno why but John can pick his slot 8 weapon (Missile Launcher) but not the ammo for it.

4_ John's M-16 has a problem concerning 40mm grenades (screens speak for themselves) :

I think it is related to the fact that in Ep1 the gun's GL was considered a separate slot 5 weapon and those red grenades its ammo but since in Ep2 the slot 5 is empty you can guess where the issue comes from ...

5_ For some reasons John's Scuba Gear indicates half the percentage we really have for it when underwater :

6_ The Cultist cannot pick his slot 8 gun just like John can't pick ammo for it.

7_ Small bug about the Air Filter for Jane, John and Marteen :

Attached Image: duke0004.png Attached Image: duke0009.png Attached Image: duke0010.png
The Cultist's just keeps displaying 100 instead of the infinite symbol.

That's pretty much it. I think I have uncovered absolutely everything possible, I doubt I'll ever be able to report anything worth mentioning from now on ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 29 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

• Honored Donor

Thanks for taking the time to report the bugs :)

You should never underestimate my SMART suit :D

Hey there !

A series of oddities concerning Gls which went passed my vigilance previously (very ultimate report for a long time I promise) :

1_ Attached Image: duke0001.png

Took the center of the circle iron sight as a reference.

2_ Attached Image: duke0004.png

Took center of iron sight as reference.

3_ Attached Image: duke0006.png

Same here.

4_ Attached Image: duke0008.png

Took the left-most hedge of the silencer as a reference.

5_ Attached Image: duke0010.png

Took the center of the dot of the holosight as a reference.

6_ Attached Image: duke0012.png

Same here. Though if you really want to see the difference then zoom-in on the 0 of 30 and you'll notice that part of the gun is inside the bottom left of the 0 when GL is used and nothing when normal.

Yes it took a good deal of attention to spot Rusty's and Micky's both having the smallest difference (congrats Micky) !
I hesitated on showing Micky's but it's a way to show you how closely I pay attention ^^

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 02 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

Hey there, been a while ^^

Just 2 little things I've noticed :

1_ I've checked on Wiktionary and that word isn't there so it might be a typo ...

2_ It looks like we can cancel our sliding by pressing Jump while sliding but I suppose it's more of a feature than a real bug ...

BTW the scene where Highwire confronts Vilmos in the bunker while we have no pistol ammo just cracked me up XD
(years of AMC and it's only now I discover this detail >_>)

• Honored Donor

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 11 July 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

BTW the scene where Highwire confronts Vilmos in the bunker while we have no pistol ammo just cracked me up XD
(years of AMC and it's only now I discover this detail >_>)

Highwire saves special bullets for Vilmos with Vilmos' name on them Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 11 July 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Highwire saves special bullets for Vilmos with Vilmos' name on them Posted Image

Apparently he also saves special bullets for his Dragunov XD

I've just found a new bug about it >> Basically if you fire really fast, as quickly as you can click, you can happen to fire one or two bullets more than normal. I've just fought Vilmos with it and I had 70 shot in stores and I fired so fast that I shot 11 bullets instead of 10 before he reloaded.
I don't know if it's a frame perfect thing that could allow infinite firing but I presume it is related to the altered ammo system compared to vanilla build.

Hey there !

One last thing (and a question) before I go on vacation :

1_ A small oddity in the first HK level :

Better watch out for fuel consumption guys ^_-

Question : I've found a VOC file where James says he wasn't supposed to take part in a conflict and something about asbestos keeping him covered from EDF satelite ... apparently it's for Highwire's Ep1 map but this file never comes into play, Is it a bug (as in it refuses to play or gets interrupted by James' gun picking line) or was it scrapped (feeling redundant) ?

User is online   Jblade 

It was scrapped since it didn't really make any sense at all due to you going outside once you hit the top of the building anyway, plus it not really contributing anything to the story.

• Honored Donor

That picture makes a lot of sense though. If you go in the hanger bay there are two EDF transports. One of them is customized as a troop transport, the interior of which you see in the City Under Siege intro cutscene. The other one is tailored for the main AMC characters, the interior of which you see in the cutscenes of Mikko's map in Episode 1. So in this case, the first transport carried the troops, while the second one carried the main character. You can even see one of the AMC soldiers still out there ensuring no one enters or exits the area.

You'd think the AMC Squad would have more than two transports, but don't forget they're still a relatively small and specialized operation. (Plus there's the Epion stored elsewhere if they need it). Will this change during Episode 3? Who knows...

This post has been edited by Micky C: 12 July 2016 - 02:56 AM

Hey there !

Last minute report before I go on vacation, and one question.

1_ With Sang's alternate slot 7 weapon is an exploit. If you press fire and immediately roll back or roll sideways, the ally sorcerer will appear but will not consume the shot, in the end you can virtually spawn them infinitely.

2_ Zaxtor's Expander doesn't work on Guardians. It "kills" them but by paralyzing them instead of expanding them :

3_ Small oddity with the Hovercraft's cockpit :

Basically it's like a minor mirroring problem of the right part to the left or something. I don't remember if Imagination World's Hovercraft had the same oddity ...
Sorry about the screenshot I couldn't resist ^^

BTW my question is about the cars we see around some levels ... When we press use near them it says it's too heavy to pick up "BUT" .... What does this "But" imply ? We can't blow up the car, we can't drive it or move it ... Were they supposed to be drivable/blow-upable ?

Now on to my vacation ^^

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 14 July 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

BTW my question is about the cars we see around some levels ... When we press use near them it says it's too heavy to pick up "BUT" .... What does this "But" imply ? We can't blow up the car, we can't drive it or move it ... Were they supposed to be drivable/blow-upable ?

Hey, it's been a while... :P

What that "BUT" means is that if you press use on them while under steroids-replacement effect something awesome will happen. :)

Back from Vacation, Thanks Raish ^^

I expected more from the thing but it was fun especially what happens if you don't put it back when the R item runs out XD

BTW a small bug with Geoffrey's slot 0 gun alternate fire > it consumes 3 ammo per shot and if you shoot while you have 3 or less ammo it will actually non-fire and therefore waste the remaining ammo so you have to keep in mind to use normal fire when at 3 or less which is a bit of a pain :/

Also is it normal that there's an invisible wall with the crates with the slot 0 gun in the mall of City Under Siege ?

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 31 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

Micky is so ingenious that he can consult his PDU while using a phone >> Attached Image: duke0000.png
Obviously he has taught that awesome invaluable trick to everybody in the team ...

Basically you can use the PDU while on the phone and if you remove the PDU while on the phone then the phone display will appear every time you use the PDU (hence my position in the screenshot) except when using its analyzing screen in which case it works 100% fine. And you can use the phone normally while in that state and once you're done with it it will not appear unless you perform it again.

Also if you happen to pick up the phone while on Micky's bed then you shall be blocked forever because oddly enough you can't hang up and you can't jump either (jumping hangs up normally) because the ceiling is too low; only what I've described above can unblock you.

BTW I'm preparing a few ultimate suggestions ^^

• Honored Donor

Yeah once you get me on the phone in a comfortable position I'll be on there for hours. How long did you wait before you tried to get off hang up? Posted Image

I'd certainly like to have an updated version of the suit where the scanner and possibly other PDU functions are actually built-in to the helmet interface. In my mind the suit is meant to have extremely sophisticated scanning and analysis capability (see enemies through walls etc) but alas that's not practical within the gameplay balance and coding feasibility of the TC. Maybe for a special mission in episode 5...

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options