• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood  "Standalone Prequel for The New Order"

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostK100, on 07 March 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

New gameplay: http://www.twitch.tv...844019?t=20m41s

Nice throwback !

I'm tired of the sexism in videogames! Hurrr
Male protagonists are depicted as very strong and sexy, and barely use clothes! Durr
How are we male gamers supposed to live to those impossible standards! Hurrr
:)

This post has been edited by LkMax: 08 March 2015 - 05:09 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

^ I don't get it...I was referring to the real-life plausibility of a guy involved in a 1 vs 100s battle with nary of shred of external physical- i.e. non-organic- protection between him and the thousand of rounds inevitably coming his way.

What you brought up is a whole other issue. It's one things to have say, a beach ball video game, where no real danger is present and have the characters be scantily clad in addition to being ridiculously proportioned. But with BJ it also makes no sense from a practical standpoint...

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 08 March 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

^ I don't get it...I was referring to the real-life plausibility of a guy involved in a 1 vs 100s battle with nary of shred of external physical- i.e. non-organic- protection between him and the thousand of rounds inevitably coming his way.

What you brought up is a whole other issue. It's one things to have say, a beach ball video game, where no real danger is present and have the characters be scantily clad in addition to being ridiculously proportioned. But with BJ it also makes no sense from a practical standpoint...

A shirt isn't going to give you anymore protection than being shirtless would :)

This isn't suppose to be a game you take serious; the tone of the story might be gritty, but the gameplay is more focused on being fun than being realistic. You can dual wield giant automatic shotguns for instance, something I bet hardly any humans could even pick up let alone run around gunning with them.

At least they have medkits in this game so you can know BJ gets wounded and patches them up, unlike in other games where you get shot and seemingly you just put your thumb in your mouth and try to exhale and all the bullets in you just pop out as you regenerate any damage Wolverine style.

User is offline   K100 

Duke Rocks, you can say this about almost every video game characters. Duke Nukem, Max Payne, Serious Sam...

There is a reason why he is shirtless in a part of the game:
Spoiler

You can see him fully clothed in the cover art and in some part of the first trailer.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: vlcsnap-2015-03-08-18h56m36s235.jpg

This post has been edited by K100: 08 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 08 March 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

^ I don't get it...

I was just poking fun at the SJWs, not at you.
The image is a nice throwback indeed.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostK100, on 08 March 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

You can see him fully clothed in the cover art and in some part of the first trailer.

*Picture*

Holy crap, what's up with that wood texture? I didn't realize this was 2007.

I also wish BJ didn't have such a bland expression in that shirtless nazi-kicking picture. The original had much more character.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 08 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

That's iD Tech 5, have you played Rage?
Even with the texture pop-in fixed, this is extremely evident on the trophy room and some interior levels. O__<

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The reason he is so ripped is that he has to carry that huge arsenal of metal weaponry around everywhere.
:)

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 09 March 2015 - 07:06 AM

Well, it's a game where cyberdogs exist. The robliefeldification of BJ is my least concern.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

So he's left-handed?

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostDaedolon, on 10 March 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

So he's left-handed?

He's ambidextrous.

User is offline   Lunick 

You can pre-order on Steam if you want now http://store.steampo...com/app/350080/

Not me though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks Bethesda

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostLunick, on 16 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

You can pre-order on Steam if you want now http://store.steampo...com/app/350080/

Not me though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks Bethesda

Yeah... Regional pricing is BS. GMG has a better deal, not that I'll be hoping on board, since I didn't particularly care for The New Order.

User is offline   Lunick 

GreenManGaming is amazing.

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostLunick, on 16 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Thanks Bethesda

Don't know what on earth is going on there, the Dutch Steam store lists the game at the same €19.99 price (bundled with TNO for €40.99) as GMG.
Is this normal for Ozzie Steam?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostX-Vector, on 17 March 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Don't know what on earth is going on there, the Dutch Steam store lists the game at the same €19.99 price (bundled with TNO for €40.99) as GMG.
Is this normal for Ozzie Steam?

It depends on the publisher but usually this happens with big ones like Bethesda or Gearbox. GMG usually lists a much fair price like:
Posted Image

View PostLunick, on 16 March 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

GreenManGaming is amazing.

That is where i bought my copy from, with their (at the time) 23% discount code, i got TOB for about $15, with the Aussie dollar exchange rate was just over $20.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

I can't wait for this I was so shocked when I saw another Wolfenstein. You see this right here shows you how fucked up some classic games are. They did this without wiping there asses with razor blades. It's not the freaking hard to put out games of classic gaming heroes. Well it is if you over think them but that's when the razor blading comes in xD.

• Polymancer

You have absolutely no clue how much goes into making a modern shooter.

Comes out in a couple hours, already have it pre loaded and ready to go.
It apparently has 9 levels and also includes
Spoiler

I've tried to avoid video of this for fear of stuff getting ruined and that it might be short, but that spoiler was plastered all over a headline in a game website. I really hate when journalists decide to just throw a spoiler in the title, it gives no fair warning and before you know it you just read something you didn't want to know.
Anywho, really stoked this.

• Polymancer

Counting down.

Somewhat of a review based on the first half of it.
If you enjoyed the combat in The New Order but hated all the cutscenes and fetch quest levels, you should enjoy The Old Blood a lot more.
I played from the prologue chapter and just started on chapter 4, and only the first level had non-combat. Otherwise, they are straight up point A to point B style of levels with enemies that need to be killed inbetween. There are a number of new weapons and some of the under used weapons from TNO are used (like double barrel and WWII machine guns) and even has some new perks, and you are never in short supply of ammo for every single weapon. Some levels let you keep all your current gear when you move to the next, and even when they take your stuff away, you typically get it all back within a few minutes anyway. They are all also pretty fun to use. In TNO, I pretty much stuck to the assault rifle or silenced pistol for stealth most of the time and would choose something else if the occasion called for it, but in TOB, I find I'm using everything all the time.
Each level has about 3 or 4 main sections to them, and each one can be done stealthily (killing the commander guys that call in reinforcements if they are alerted) I understand why they did this, because it means if you mess up in one section you can still go stealthily in the next section, but it gets a bit tiring after you just finished a huge long section in all stealth to be asked to do it again. You can run around guns blazing ofcourse, but there's a few perks you need to be stealthy to unlock. In TNO, every other level was a slower paced story section. In TOB, the action almost never lets up, and it gets a little over bearing.
It also has some new lighting, which is rather nice. When you've been firing the turret minigun for a bit the barrel heats up and glows orange, and the area around it also lights up and glows. Its a neat touch.
Finally, there are collectibles to find, and also new challenge missions. I haven't played them yet as you unlock them during the campaign, but I'm assuming these are survival type levels. The game really seems to have more replay value than TNO did.

Overall so far I'm enjoying it, it's definitely a more action focused game than TNO was and still just as fun, just really exhausting.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 05 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

User is offline   Player Lin 

I only hate its buggy engine(poping textures, my eye hurts since the game's resolution locked at 1280x960 on fullscreen/windowed fullscreen for no reasons in my end, and Steam's F12 do nothing but BLACK SCREEN)...and of course, the goddamn checkpoint saving system... but yes, I still very like TOB, feel like some Wolf3D, RTCW and new FPS all mixed together.

This time's super secret level is more interesting than TNO one...I think. :D

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 08 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

It's out already? I'll check it out, eventually

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Adrian Chmielarz, the creator of Painkiller and Bulletstorm, tore The Old Blood to pieces.

Finished #WolfensteinTheOldBlood. Sadly, for me, one of the worst games I have played in the last few years. YMMV, of course. The game is like a boring, tired, unaware parody of a corridor shooter. It pains me to say so, as #WolfensteinTheNewOrder was brilliant.

https://twitter.com/...867662711496704
https://twitter.com/...867691362783232

Reviews seem to be lower than the New Order, too. Lots of 7/10's. I guess the Doom reboot is Bethesda's last shot at creating a shooter that's decent?

User is offline   ---- 

I must say that the reviews I read are right.

Gameplay somehow isn't good or memorable. ALthough there are not the tiresome sections of "get object A from room X and then room Y and then room Z because we let you wander around the base to lebgthen gameplay" and the story is actually focused on one thing instead of 4 lose ends that never have any impact on the outcome and are dead ends, i forgot about the experience within 30 minutes.

And since I don't want to reinstall THe New Order I cannot say why exactly I found the gameplay and gunfights worse than in TNO. I found them tiresome and boring, but reviews seem to indicate I am not alone with this.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 08 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Am I the only one who is enjoying it then?

• Polymancer

I'm liking it. I've not played too far in though.

I enjoyed it. Will play it again sometime soon, but like I said, the gameplay itself becomes exhausting.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Completed the game last night...for some reasons, I think TOB is much more like a CoD:MW/CoD:BO clone, especially the challenge mode(but with Campaign's segments)...still like it but feel shame, compare with TNO...

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 09 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options