• You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Xtreme: Megaton Edition  "Optimized campaign maps for Megaton Edition"

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

Thanks Rose for uploading the videos here for me

View PostDuke64 Galactic Alliance, on 22 December 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

Thanks Rose for uploading the videos here for me

no problem good sir

Any chance of this working with Eduke32? Eduke32 is cooler.

View PostCome On And Slam, on 22 December 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

Any chance of this working with Eduke32? Eduke32 is cooler.

it should

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

Yes, it can be played in EDuke32. I just updated my readme file in both packs with instructions on how to get it running. Also, the first four levels of episode one should be balanced for Dukematch now, as far as weapons, ammo, and inventory items go. You'll notice more pickups in single player, too.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 22 December 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

Yes, it can be played in EDuke32. I just updated my readme file in both packs with instructions on how to get it running. Also, the first four levels of episode one should be balanced for Dukematch now, as far as weapons, ammo, and inventory items go. You'll notice more pickups in single player, too.

Hell yeah :)

Just be sure to check the date(s) in the first post of this thread regularly for the latest improvements and re-download if you're interested in the full version. It's going to be more enjoyable to play. I'm almost finished adding adequate pickups in all of the maps in the first episode. Two more maps to go.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 23 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 December 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

I believe they're all random user maps from what I can tell. Some are horrible, some are decent.

I don't remember the exact count, but at least 50% of the maps were made by Sunstorm. And the Sunstorm maps are rather good in my opinion (if simple), which is weird because I can't really see why they would drag the whole package down with usermaps that are far worse than their own work. There are a couple of the usermaps that I thought had some potential and could possibly have been really good with more - a lot more - polish.

I always saw the CON hack features as useless shit as they were both boring/bad looking as well as very easy to do yourself. I liked the new enemies though, even if the art style is quite different from Duke's and they would have fit better into Doom or something.

This post has been edited by necroslut: 25 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

Yeah, I agree. Not all of the maps are horrible and I like a few. I've been thinking, though. I kind of like the idea of adding completely new user maps to the expansion rather than continuing to work on these old maps. I finished loading the maps in the first episode down with more weapons and items, plus some texture corrections, etc. It was a lot of work and it still really didn't help most of the maps as far as looks goes. The only reason I finished those fairly quickly is because I was spending hours on them and it pretty much turned me against doing anymore. Well, I finished the first episode, at least.

There are so many good user maps already out there, and I figured it would be pretty cool to just give the expansion a fresh reboot. I'm open to adding some new user maps to the expansion if anybody has some they would like in it. The only requirements would be that the maps would have to be functional in both multiplayer modes and the Xtreme enemies would have to be added to each map to some extent. I don't have much experience with enemy placement, so I wouldn't even want to try it myself. I wouldn't want to touch any of the community's maps anyway if I could avoid it. Adding the Xtreme enemies in is pretty simple, though. They spawn from the nuclear waste barrel sprite. One frame is for the cobra and another is for the gorilla.

I could still keep the pack with the original maps that are compatible with Megaton Edition, of course. The reason I say "compatible with Megaton Edition" is because I made use of the pal 2 co-op switch feature that was added to Megaton Edition.

I do agree dave that some of the maps are not bad. some of them, had really good gameplay. eps 1 and 2 had some good maps. eps 1 had really good eps maps, good for single/coop. eps 2 had some good Duke Match type maps. I can't remember the names but I do remember what they look like

I'll see if I can finish up the rest of the maps to make them more suitable for Dukematch and even single player. I kind of burnt myself out on doing it because I was spending so much time on them without giving myself a break. I don't think I'll be making anymore huge changes like I did with the first level, though. That level seems to be the worst out of them all and I just wanted to make it a little less cringeworthy for a better, first impression for anyone who decides to play the expansion for the first time.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

The screenshot of the main menu looks nice though good job on that. As for people using our user maps for it that might actually be cool I could imagine snakes, gorillas, and a knife in my Turok maps aslong as they stop respawning heheh

Well, we'll see. I do think it would be cool to have a bunch high quality user maps in it. If that were to happen, I think it should be called something else, like Duke Xtreme: Community Edition.

Well, I just finished 5 more maps and updated the pack. 10 more to go. I've been doubling up on the single player pickups, plus adding some Dukematch pal 1 weapons, too. Some of these maps didn't have any 30+ health bottles in them at all. It's no wonder everyone has said this expansion is so hard. I haven't played all the way through the maps I've finished so far. I've been playing them one at a time, but I have a feeling this is going to make a big difference. The cobras are still going to be tough, but at least you can stand a better chance against them now.

I don't mean to double post, but I just finished up the single player maps in the full version. They're all done now, as far as loading them down with more pickups and fixing any major issues. I didn't heavily modify any of the other maps like I did the first one. The rest of the maps only have minor improvements like the improvements I made to the Megaton Edition expansion packs' maps.

I welcome anyone to give it a try now! I hope that makes a difference. I'm curious to find out for myself how they're going to play all the way through.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 29 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

User is offline   fossilfern 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 29 December 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

I don't mean to double post, but I just finished up the single player maps in the full version. They're all done now, as far as loading them down with more pickups and fixing any major issues. I didn't heavily modify any of the other maps like I did the first one. The rest of the maps only have minor improvements like the improvements I made to the Megaton Edition expansion packs' maps.

I welcome anyone to give it a try now! I hope that makes a difference. I'm curious to find out for myself how they're going to play all the way through.

How does one go about playing this ? :)

View Postfossilfern, on 30 December 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

How does one go about playing this ? :)

You'll need Duke Xtreme in GRP file form. Everything else is explained in the readme file.

• Turok Nukem

Good job of not heavily modifying them! yet adjusting them a tiny bit for playability good job that's what I want to hear honestly not how you reverted them for the sake of someones complaint. I think you going the right direction with this and using some user maps and making Xtreme community version would be pretty bad ass.

User is offline   Steve 64 

Here is kind of an updated version of Eps 1

Shit! Wrong post! Sorry!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 05 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostSteven Shipler, on 04 January 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

Here is kind of an updated version of Eps 1

It's good to see new gameplay footage of the first episode. It looked like it played pretty well. I'm now thinking about coming up with a music pack and maybe do a few other things. If I do a music pack, it will probably be very random. Possibly a mix of both MIDI and OGG files. I'm going to try to use songs that suit the maps.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 04 January 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Will these ports have cheats in them? It's a crime there's hardly and cheats in games nowadays.

Ports? The cheats still work in Xtreme. The steroids make you invincible temporarily, too. I also discovered that you can continuously take a crap while using the jetpack by pressing the open key. Mr. Nukem Roses brought that to my attention. :)

Well we do plan to finish 2 and 3, When we get the chance to

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 04 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

MrRumbleRoses and Snake

Im going Blinded ARGHHHHH

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 04 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostSteven Shipler, on 04 January 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

mange to get an very funny video Here

for the record. let me just state. the Snake was being a pest and would not stop trying to kill me. so i had to do what Mr. Shipler wouldn't. i KILLED HIM!!!

This post has been edited by Mr. Nukem Roses: 04 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

You killed his ass that what you did

• Turok Nukem

View PostSteven Shipler, on 04 January 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

MrRumbleRoses and Snake

Rose loves snake is his friend and partner in bed hehe

View PostDuke64, on 05 January 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Rose loves snake is his friend and partner in bed hehe

hahaha. boy, you got a dirty mind

Well me and MrRumbleRoses Finish eps 2 and 3 they will both be in one video I really don't know when I upload it be soon though

Video Update it is here

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 06 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Just for fun, I did a 60 FPS video of part of the first level

2 things

1.I gave alike to that video on youtube

2. NukemDave by anychance did you fix the big house level?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options