Duke4.net Forums: Favorite Weapon in Duke Nukem Forever! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Weapon in Duke Nukem Forever!  "Similar to the DN3D Favorite weapon poll."

Poll: Favorite Duke Nukem Forever weapon... (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite weapon in DNF (Single Player)

1. Fists (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. M1911 (4 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. Shotgun (22 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

4. Ripper (3 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

5. RPG (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

6. AT Laser (0 votes [0.00%])

7. AT Captain Laser (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Railgun (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

9. Devestator (3 votes [7.50%] - View)

10. Shrink Ray (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

11. Freeze Ray (4 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

12. Enforcer Gun (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

13. Pipe Bombs/Trip Mines (0 votes [0.00%])

Favorite Weapon in DNF (Multiplayer)

1. Fists (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

2. M1911 (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. Shotgun (10 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Ripper (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

5. RPG (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

6. AT Laser (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

7. Railgun (3 votes [7.50%] - View)

8. Devestator (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

9. Shrink Ray (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

10. Freeze Ray (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Enforcer Gun (AKA "Fag Rifle") (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

12. Pipe Bombs/Trip Mines (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

13. DFG (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

14. Tittyana (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

15. N00b T00b (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

16. Sticky Bombs (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   StarNukem 

Like the DN3D Favorite weapons poll, I'd like to see what people prefer to use in DNF. (That is, if you have played DNF or care about it's existence. lol)

This post has been edited by StarCraftZergling: 07 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Enforcer Gun (AKA "Fag Rifle")

I thought we were past the days of "n00b t00b" commentary.

User is offline   StarNukem 

View PostComrade Major, on 07 December 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

I thought we were past the days of "n00b t00b" commentary.

I TOTALLY FORGOT TO ADD THOSE IN!! I don't want to piss off the noobs lol! Thanks for the reminder.

Ripper for both of them so I can simply spray everywhere because DNF's hit detection for multiplayer is beyond fucked on the 360 port.

User is offline   Komenja 

If there's one thing DNF got right, it's the shotgun. Feels so good to use.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

But, why use the shotgun when you could use one of the 7 one-hit-kill weapons in DNF? DNF's multiplayer sucked because of it.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 17 December 2014 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Shotgun and Shotgun, even though I've never played DNF multiplayer. The one time I thought I'd try it it wouldn't even connect.

User is offline   Hazzardous 

The Ripper was pretty good, but nothing compared to the Chaingun Cannon from DN3D. In fact, I feel all the weapons from Duke Forever were inferior to the weapons in DN3D.
The Enforcer Gun was also pretty good, same with the shotgun, and the Shrinker's fun for squashing enemies. I also have to admit to being a fan of the Railgun.

Overall, though, I'd have to go with the Ripper.

As for multiplayer, I haven't played it. I just voted for my favorite weapon from the game.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHazzardous, on 18 December 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

In fact, I feel all the weapons from Duke Forever were inferior to the weapons in DN3D.

This. Reloading on weapons like the shotgun and chaingun totally kill the flow of gunplay, at least in singleplayer. The amount of damage done per reload interval should be higher. The very concept of lengthy reloading animations is completely at odds with the whole run and gun scenario against multiple enemies that DNF is semi-trying to pull off. The only thing you can do is... wait for it.... take cover while you reload Posted Image
The minuscule ammo capacity of the RPG, as well as its relatively low rate of fire, and also reduced damage+reduced hit radius make it an annoying weapon to use and a completely different type of weapon to the Duke 3D equivallent.

I'm also surprised so many people like the shotgun; the weapon has virtually zero range. I remember a pigcop shooting at me with it from across a small/medium sized room, and it was doing absolutely no damage what so ever. He might as well have been using an airgun.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMicky C, on 18 December 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

The minuscule ammo capacity of the RPG, as well as its relatively low rate of fire, and also reduced damage+reduced hit radius make it an annoying weapon to use and a completely different type of weapon to the Duke 3D equivallent.

Yeah, they completely messed up the RPG. It works a bit better in multiplayer though because lower enemy HP and more pickups, but in single player it's rather useless since it's not even that powerful.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Shotgun there a few tricks you can pick up with that gun and it is dependent in mp and sp plus it looks a bit like the original :S

User is offline   Oook 

The DNF shotgun is one of the most pleasing weapons I've ever used in a game. The range is shit and drives to stupid and frustrating situations, but its animations, sound and sense of impact when hitting close are outstanding.
I've reinstalled DNF more than once just to replay some particular sequence where you slay pigs with the shotgun. That feel is great.

User is offline   Martin 

Shotgun and railgun. The shotgun is actually one of the best I've seen in a game for years, and the railgun because I like to snipe!

User is offline   zwieback 

the ripper would have been a great weapon, but the sound really killed it for me.

singleplayer: shotgun
multiplayer: railgun (and shotgun) :lol:

Most of the time I cycle through the M1911, Shotgun, and Ripper in single-player. Sounds almost like a good think I don't touch the multiplayer. The RPG I found it was somewhat annoying with the automatic lock-on and very low ammo count, I would prefer Duke64's heat-seeking ammo upgrade over the DNF RPG. For the always reloading sequence, I don't mind it that much, just wish the guns held more bullets and you got to carry more than two guns. The railgun wasn't too bad, but I think most of the time I miss with it. The fists I wish it would transition to a Third-Person view and when you would fight enemies, it sound like Duke Zero Hour's fists fights.

This post has been edited by PRINGocalypz: 02 March 2016 - 07:21 AM

I really hate the Pipebombs in multiplayer. When you're high ping and facing a low latency player who chucks a pipebomb at you, it's always an instant kill.

I find the AT Laser a surprisingly deadly weapon when you have 300 ping.

Also, imo the DNF Devastator is better than the DN3D one even though it has lower ammo count.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I have yet to actually play multiplayer. I wasn't interested at all when it first came out, then a few years later I decided to try it and it said it couldn't connect or something so I gave up.

User is offline   Player Lin 

After I got my ass kicked with >300 ping and lot of skilled players, I never played DNF's MP anymore. But I have some funs before that happened...AT Laser did better when my ping is higher but didn't help much for me...now I just no interests on such MP games because I don't gave much time to play, or even just try them... ;)

User is offline   Avoozl 

For some reason I never really found an attachment to any of the weapons in this game, but I guess the shotgun is the closest for me.

This post has been edited by Grand Admiral Thrawn: 12 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

Surprisingly, outside of the Shotgun the Enforcer gun is probably the most satisfying weapon to use. I just love the mini rockets and how it gibs enemies. They really nerfed the Shrink Ray and the Devastator isn't quite as cool as it was back in DN3D.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options