Duke4.net Forums: Wiimote on PC - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wiimote on PC

User is offline   MetHy 

I was just trying to get my Wiimote to work on PC but I can't seem to make it to work, has anyone here ever done that?

Thanks

User is offline   Kyanos 

I know they can be connected using a Bluetooth adapter. I've not done it myself though.

User is offline   Evilman 

I played a lot of games with the wiimote, especially light guns games and The House of the Dead on steam. Also played many emulated games with it. If you need help i can give you some basic tips.

You gotta have a bluetooth adapter first, and, optional, a sensor bar (real one or a custom USB, no matter), or two candles for example. In other words, the sensor bar doesn't have to be plugged in your computer. It only needs to be alimented, as the sensor bar doesn't interact with the wiimote. Wiimote use the sensor bar only to track the position of the cursor and to show it on screen. That's all. Two candles can produce the same effect, it may sounds stupid, but it's how IR works. All shaking features doesn't need the sensor bar to be recognized then, you can use all buttons, shaking and all without any sensor bar. If you don't have a custom USB sensor bar, easiest thing to do is to turn on your Wii with the sensor bar plugged in, place the Sensor Bar above (or under) your PC screen, and that's all. :lol:

You also need a bluetooth software if you don't already have one, BlueSoleil is the easiest to use, but it's a commercial product. Free license only allow a certain amount of data (tracking, actions and all) to be transfered from your wiimote to the soft itself.

After that, you gotta use a software that will emulate keyboard and mouse functionnality to the wiimote. Many people use GlovePie, but it's now totally outdated, and has never been user friendly. An indie developer recently released an amazing tool to replace GlovePie, it's called Touchmote, you can grab it here:

http://touchmote.net/

It's REALLY easy to use, you can configure any keyboard key to any wiimote button, emulate mouse to your Wiimote cursor, and many other things. Also, the most important, it has an auto-centering feature, what GlovePie never had. Your cursor will always be correctly oriented with Touchmote, using GlovePie, you always had to recenter by yourself if your cursor goes ouf of the screen (just like a real mouse... if you understand what i mean).

Once Touchmote is configured, well, you do not have anything more to do, just launch any game, adjust your configurations, and go on. It's easy as pie, and you don't have to deal with any user script using Touchmote.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options