Duke4.net Forums: Zalman files for bankrupcy, CEO's accused of bank fraud - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Zalman files for bankrupcy, CEO's accused of bank fraud

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

http://www.maximumpc...raud_arise_2014

:)

I just placed an in store pickup order at Micro Center for another Z11 case. Mine has a cracked rivet. I'm gonna stockpile these things. It's one of the best looking cases ever, and the airflow and cable management are tits. They have countless features for the price and even though they take a long time to build and cable manage, the results are amazing. I've been speccing these and it's little brother, the Z9, in every build I do for people and they're the only case I've totally loved since the old Cooler Master Centurion 5. Damn it.

Their heatsinks are dated, but oh my God their cases were fucking innovative as shit. I am going to miss them SO MUCH.

http://www.newegg.co...5-033-_-Product

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 05 November 2014 - 06:17 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I have a lot of fond memories for zalman coolers from many years ago. Really kickass stuff back then but I can kind of understand the situation.
From what I have seen, noctua has taken over as the "premium" brand and zalman has somewhat descended in to cheaper plastic stuff that doesn't really appeal.
To be honest, I haven't really seen anyone in the past 3-4 years go for zalman.
I can't speak for the cases though as the only one I remember was from almost 10 years ago (that crazy ass expensive case that looked pretty awesome)

The old elaborate copper coolers looked nice but I remember people having issues with those because of the size.

Btw, ever had a look at fractal design cases?
I gotta admit that I am kind of a fan of those at this point since they are really simple and honest, have pre-installed audio insulation and no extra stuff.
Plus really straightforward to assemble. Got a R4 on my video capture/edit machine and R3 XL on my gaming machine. Not disappointed.
They do cost closer to 100e though, but really offer a effortless turnkey solution for a quiet system.

I just ordered one from Newegg Viper. Next step: Wait for the Broadwell/Skylake i7 CPUs to arrive in the future.

To hell w/ today's laptops. You were right all along. The MSI GT70 Dominator 895 and NVidia Optimus are pieces of shit. I just sold the bastard laptop on Amazon. To add insult to injury they don't have the fucking drivers for Windows 7 for that shit brick either! At least MSI got it right w/ my GT60 0ND w/ Windows 7 Pro on there.

One thing: Will the 1150 and 1151 motherboards are going to be friendly w/ Windows 7 Pro?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 09 January 2015 - 06:20 AM

I don't see why not considering how similar Vista/7/8 are under the hood.

Also, it appears Zalman will be okay:

http://www.geek.com/...er-way-1609996/

Viper. Where's the rivet located at? You said yours got a cracked rivet. So where?

User is offline   Fast Alpha 

I bought the Zalman Z5 plus and guess what eh guys.

It had brown rotten paint coming off one. If you buy one you might need to repaint it.
Was it rust, some of these have problems. You might need to fix. Check it out.

View PostDustFalcon85, on 27 January 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Viper. Where's the rivet located at? You said yours got a cracked rivet. So where?

I dropped it a while back on the corner going to a LAN party. I replaced it.

View PostFast Alpha, on 29 January 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

I bought the Zalman Z5 plus and guess what eh guys.

It had brown rotten paint coming off one. If you buy one you might need to repaint it.
Was it rust, some of these have problems. You might need to fix. Check it out.

LOL what is it with you and cheap shit? Buy a real case. That's like calling the Corvette crap because you bought an Aveo and therefore Chevy sucks. The Z9 is like ten bucks more you old Jew.

This post has been edited by BREAKINGTHELAYOUT ISACRIME: 30 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

User is offline   Fast Alpha 

View PostPerson of Color, on 30 January 2015 - 01:20 AM, said:

I dropped it a while back on the corner going to a LAN party. I replaced it.

LOL what is it with you and cheap shit? Buy a real case. That's like calling the Corvette crap because you bought an Aveo and therefore Chevy sucks. The Z9 is like ten bucks more you old Jew.

What other cases are better, that don't rust like a DELL case :).

Cases shouldn't rust, period. Also if you really wanna go there, take it from someone who fixes computers for a living, Dell is the only company making solid desktop cases in all their systems these days.

Even their little $300 small form factor desktops are built like tanks and use very good parts, on top of being the quietest computers I've ever used...plus they run cold as fuck.

Michael Dell is turning that company around.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options