Duke4.net Forums: [Betas] The Bryaning - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Betas] The Bryaning  "Split from the main beta thread"

User is offline   GLx86 

Hi, guys! I have a question. Fresch says, that he will release a builds from 3DR archives after launching new 3DR site, but builds aren't available. Why?

User is offline   jet_nick 

we want betas version of dn3d and sw now ahahah

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

View Postjet_nick, on 26 October 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

we want betas version of dn3d and sw now ahahah

Easy on the cocain, jet_nick.

Just wait a little longer, I'm sure they're planning on making the reveal awesome :)

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostGLx86, on 24 October 2014 - 04:28 AM, said:

Hi, guys! I have a question. Fresch says, that he will release a builds from 3DR archives after launching new 3DR site, but builds aren't available. Why?

Take it easy guys. We JUST re-lauched 3D Realms.
We'll gradually write articles, reveal new and interesting 3D Realms legacy builds, etc.
But we won't throw it all out there at once. Right now, the focus is on the re-launch itself, the Anthology, and the fact that 3D Realms is back.

Next, will be opening the floodgates to what the hardcore fans would like to see. One thing at a time.

I have also had individual fans literally spamming me during the last two days on Facebook, twitter and even managing to get my private phone number and calling me in the middle of the night.
This is way beyond the line of what I will accept. I'm extremely open to fans, and very open with sharing interesting things, talking with you guys, responding to emails, etc. Way more than our predecessors were, but that comes with a responsibility from our fans, respect and an understanding of that openness, and should not be misused. Otherwise we'll be forced to go back into the cave.

So please respect this, and help show us- and other studios, that the fans can actually handle a very transparent studio.
We want to be very open and transparent with the fans. But you also have to respect our privacy.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 26 October 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

I have also had individual fans literally spamming me during the last two days on Facebook, twitter and even managing to get my private phone number and calling me in the middle of the night.

I'm very sorry to hear that!

I'm sorry as well. That sounds really uncomfortable. I think I can speak for everyone when saying we like the love you are showing the community. Keep up the good work Fred!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This is way beyond the line of what I will accept. I'm extremely open to fans, and very open with sharing interesting things, talking with you guys, responding to emails, etc. Way more than our predecessors were, but that comes with a responsibility from our fans, respect and an understanding of that openness, and should not be misused. Otherwise we'll be forced to go back into the cave.

Agreed completely. TX and I have also seen a few isolated incidents of random strangers asking us for the materials (including the person who cold-called you) and even an outright scam attempt from someone claiming they had an NDA.

And then people wonder why devs are unwilling to release prototype information when dipshit kids spam them about TEH BETAZ.

User is offline   Shaq Fu 

Take all the time you need man and don't worry about those people. Just keep chillin while ignoring those crazy dudes. Real fans have patience and can accept that you're all busy.

This post has been edited by Grounder: 26 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

What sick individual would take the time to do that to someone? The alphas/betas exist, and have been promised to be released. That's all that should matter to fans. Sure waiting for something cool can get tiresome but it is worth it in this case. There's so much to learn from the development of Duke, SW, and other titles that if we are presented it all at once, it will lose its charm. Things like this should not be rushed because it isn't all about the unused material, there's a lot more to it than that, that many of us could learn things from, especially those who might want to (or are already doing so) take up game design as a career.

Just think of all the things these alphas/betas have to offer. They'll show you what 3DR went through to create Duke and other games, you can learn for yourself why certain things were cut and other things were not, you can see the mistakes 3DR may have made, all the things they wanted to put in there but were forced to cut out due to the tech of the time, etc. The list goes on. If we are given it all at once, there is no value, just a bunch of folders and all that we'd have to sort out all on our own. I am grateful that these guys are doing the hard part for us. I'm certain they won't disappoint, or keep things from us, because that's not the type of people these guys are. It's a normal thing for this community to wait until "when it's done", and acting childish and trying to do everything you can to ruin it for everyone else isn't going to help move things faster.

Also, something I thought about recently.. I remember in the late 90s having a version of Blood that was the retail version but the shotgun still looked like the one from the alpha, I no longer have this anymore but I was thinking, what if there are other alphas/betas out there circulating? What could the community do to research that? There's always someone out there with a prototype game, and I've heard there's prototype carts for DN64 and DNZH that have been auctioned in the past, if anyone in the community has something like this, should they contact TX, Hendricks, or Fresch?

This post has been edited by gerolf: 26 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View Postgerolf, on 26 October 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

What sick individual would take the time to do that to someone?

The cold call? xBRYAN2000x.

There's always someone out there with a prototype game, and I've heard there's prototype carts for DN64 and DNZH that have been auctioned in the past, if anyone in the community has something like this, should they contact TX, Hendricks, or Fresch?

TX and I will gladly handle anything the community has to contribute.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 26 October 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

TX and I will gladly handle anything the community has to contribute.

Maybe the guy who wrote this and this is worth contacting. He said he couldn't find any differences but maybe someone like Fox would be interested.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 26 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

...snip...
I have also had individual fans literally spamming me during the last two days on Facebook, twitter and even managing to get my private phone number and calling me in the middle of the night. ...snip...
I don't use Facebook or Twitter and I forgot about the time zone difference! Sorry!
(Just kidding... wasn't me.)
There is a difference between excited and mentally ill. That is WAY out of line... I would have to agree with Grounder that real fans have patience. Geez...

Sorry to hear of this really.

Good luck with your efforts.

MrBlackCat

• Weaponized Autism

View Postgerolf, on 26 October 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Maybe the guy who wrote this and this is worth contacting. He said he couldn't find any differences but maybe someone like Fox would be interested.

According to the pages, he tried to dump the carts, but he had technical difficulties. It would be worthwhile to get him some new hardware, but I'll need to do some research.

I honestly would not be surprised if it was Bryan that did that. He has the social graces of a rabid raccoon.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 26 October 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

I honestly would not be surprised if it was Bryan that did that.

I'm not kidding. It was him.

View PostHendricks266, on 26 October 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Oh my fucking god.

User is offline   Fulsy 

As annoyed as I was with the missed launch dates for the site, badgering the people who are working hard to bring the community cool shit is just counterproductive.

Fred and the rest of the team don't HAVE to work on making these betas playable.

Edit:

Holy fuck.

This post has been edited by Fulsy: 26 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

lolwut? Never thought he's related to here. What did he do to gain notoriety from you guys? I hear that guy once leaked an alpha build of Serious Sam 1.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Just in case anyone is reading this thread and doesn't understand why we're so revolted regarding how xBRYAN2000x evidently got private phone numbers,

Here.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

He just wanted a friend.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 27 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Excuse me, but aren't you too obsessed with your own image to complain about stalking?

User is online   Lunick 

That is not okay
Posted Image

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I get overwhelmed with messages from other Duke fans myself sometimes and I'm not even running a company. :)

After fans have been put through the long development of DNF, I can see why some behave the way they do, though. I'm glad that the new 3DR is more open and interacts with the fans, but there will always be a few fans who are going to take advantage of the opportunity. There's not much you can do about it except avoid/block those people if they become a problem. I don't think to "go back into the cave" would be the thing to do and would probably backfire on the company's reputation. You just have to take steps to make it not as easy for the obsessed fans to contact you, but without shutting out all of the fans completely.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostFox, on 27 October 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Excuse me, but aren't you too obsessed with your own image to complain about stalking?

What does that have to do with being harassed in the middle of the night?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostFox, on 27 October 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

No he's not, he's behaving like a normal human being like the rest of us. In fact, that's all his behaviour has been indicative of to me since all of this started. Yet whenever a nobody catches a break people love to bring them down.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 27 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

What sick individual would take the time to do that to someone? The alphas/betas exist, and have been promised to be released. That's all that should matter to fans.

I don't defend the means (obviously there is a line not to cross that makes of you a terrible human being if you do), but I find it very understandable that other people ask to see the alphas and betas. You guys act like it's normal that only two people get to go through them, it's not, they're extremely lucky. They're not the only people who have kept DN3D alive, and they're not the only people who'd have the skill, knowledge and time to go through the betas. It could have been done very differently, HRP-style where everyone gets a chance to help somehow if he wants to and has the time and skill. It would probably also be faster that way.
Plus, for all we know we'll never get everything (there seems to be so much that everything sounds impossible), so from that point of view it sounds even more unfair that only 2 people get to do so.

Again I'm not defending the guy, the line he crossed is unacceptable; and I'm not saying this is what I believe or I'd want either, I'm just trying to bring a point of view here that I find perfectly understandable.

Seriously, to the people who know the Doom community a little, imagine if the same thing had happened (Romero finds all the betas and asks 2 people from the community to go through them), it would have been a disaster.

In any case, extreme fans (of anything) tend to think they deserve something in return, sometimes they should remember that in most cases even devs themselves don't own the games they're making.
What I mean is, even if you find the means questionable, noone owes us anything. In this case we're extremely lucky, take the Resident Evil community for instance and how they've wanted the RE2 beta for more than a decade (a holy grail), this went through so much state like even reporting to Capcom that someone was trying to sell a beta for 10k$...

This post has been edited by MetHy: 28 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

Posted Image

wtf dude

EDIT: Oh yeah, new 3DR should try to reacquire the SiN ip if they can't get Blood.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 28 October 2014 - 01:06 AM

User is offline   Pirandello 

View PostPikaCommando, on 28 October 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

EDIT: Oh yeah, new 3DR should try to reacquire the SiN ip if they can't get Blood.

that would be so awesome, would love to see john r blade back again

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That guy really needs to sort out his priorities. Getting an education, getting laid, something other than betas of games from before he was born.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options