Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer! - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 194 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer!  "talk about the wonders of EDuke32 and the new renderer"

User is online   Jblade 

that's simple enough, cheers!

User is offline   0815Jack 

Hi,

i have updated my installation to the latest synthesis build and noticed some changes in the polymer renderer regarding shadows and shading in general. I really like the new features, but is this still work in progress? In many areas of the levels the shadows fit perfectly, but in lot of cases it's too dark (my personal opinion). And it does help using the night vision goggles, cause the shader seems somehow to overlay it.

User is online   darkprince227 

Happy new year, folks!

I just downloaded the latest eduke build, I noticed for some reason the vacation.grp wasn't listed on the startup thing along with duke3d.grp etc. Is it supposed to be this way?

Pointing out bugs and badgering developers about unfinished addon packs since 6th July 2011!

User is offline   enderandrew 

View Postdarkprince227, on 02 January 2018 - 02:14 AM, said:

Happy new year, folks!

I just downloaded the latest eduke build, I noticed for some reason the vacation.grp wasn't listed on the startup thing along with duke3d.grp etc. Is it supposed to be this way?

That doesn't sound like a Polymer/rendering bug so this probably isn't the right thread to discuss that. But I downloaded the latest Synthesis build as well from 12/29 and I can't replicate the behavior. Everything looks good on my end.

Posted Image

User is online   darkprince227 

View Postenderandrew, on 04 January 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

That doesn't sound like a Polymer/rendering bug so this probably isn't the right thread to discuss that. But I downloaded the latest Synthesis build as well from 12/29 and I can't replicate the behavior. Everything looks good on my end.

Posted Image

You're right, it wasn't an eduke problem :wallbash: the vacation.grp I was using seemed to be broken, so I made a fresh one and bada-bing. We're in progress :dukehappy:

Pointing out bugs and badgering developers about unfinished addon packs since 6th July 2011!

User is online   Jblade 

I just discovered a strange issue involving SIDEBOLT1 - as of snapshot 6248, they appear broken ingame (visually they seem to shrink to half size on the x dimension)

link to snapshot they stopped working properly:
http://dukeworld.duk.../20170623-6248/

link to last snapshot they did work in:
http://dukeworld.duk.../20170622-6242/

Share this topic:

• 194 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Yes, our forum uses cookies. © 2017 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options