Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 213 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer!  "talk about the wonders of EDuke32 and the new renderer"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTerminX, on 26 April 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

though you would need to rename it to .grp since we obviously can't have EDuke32 running checksums on every random zip file that it might be able to find at startup. :)

Would you want to run checksums on pk3/pk4 files for shits?

User is offline   Rellik 

How about creating a new extension for packaged zipped mods? .grpz? .zgrp? ideas?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Another thing I was wondering about: If you are running a custom addon (e.g. Last Reaction), is it normal that the autoload folder is ignored? I was trying to run Last Reaction with HRP (I know it doesn't make much sense since it uses custom art files, but anyway), and it seems it wouldn't use it.

In the grpinfo file, it's like this:

grpinfo
{
    name "Last Reaction & Water Bases"
    scriptname "lr&wb.con"
    defname ""
    size 21934989
    dependency DUKE15_CRC
    flags GAMEFLAG_ADDON
    crc 2034862439
}

*EDIT*
Got it working. :) You must put
defname "duke3d.def"

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

User is offline   Skulldog 

Duke Zone 2 not working!

grpinfo
{
name "Duke Zone 2"
scriptname "DUKE!ZON.CON"
defname "duke3d.def"
size 44100411
dependency DUKE15_CRC
flags GAMEFLAG_ADDON
crc 2142638460
}

Eduke32 just hangs at:Searching for game data...

Got it to work by renaming DUKE!ZON.GRP to DUKEZON.GRP. Does not like the !.

Game: Only list 5 group titles.

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 27 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

• The Truth is in here

DaikariN also hangs during startup (r3712/3713):

grpinfo
{
    name "DaikariN"
    scriptname "dargame.con"
    defname "duke3d.def"
    size 6580609
    dependency DUKE15_CRC
    flags GAMEFLAG_ADDON
    crc 368173115
}

Same with "lostduke.grp" (The Lost Duke Episodes 2.0).

*EDIT April 29*
"Lost Duke Episodes" work if you change included map file "C&C.map" to "CC.map". Strangely enough, CON file names seem to be unaffected since "lr&wb.con" works for "Last Reaction". I couldn't figure out yet what's wrong with DaikariN, there are no special chars in the included maps.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 29 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Any possibility of a 'stopmusic' command, that fades the music out? Or access to the music volume directly?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostNightFright, on 28 April 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

"Lost Duke Episodes" work if you change included map file "C&C.map" to "CC.map". Strangely enough, CON file names seem to be unaffected since "lr&wb.con" works for "Last Reaction".

That's because lr&wb is loaded by the executable, while a map is called from the CON.

This post has been edited by Fox: 30 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJames, on 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Any possibility of a 'stopmusic' command, that fades the music out? Or access to the music volume directly?

I'd like to add better music control at some point. For now, either use a blank ogg or try funky stuff like setting ud.volume_number to -1 and starttrack 4.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostHendricks266, on 30 April 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

I'd like to add better music control at some point. For now, either use a blank ogg or try funky stuff like setting ud.volume_number to -1 and starttrack 4.

Well I was more thinking of a way to fade the music out, I already do use a blank ogg to stop the music :) Even just control over the player's music volume setting would be a way around this.

User is offline   Fox 

By the way, is it possible to add SoundToggle, FXVolume, MusicToggle and MusicVolume to the avaiable userdef structures?

• Weaponized Autism

I don't see why not.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostFox, on 01 May 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

By the way, is it possible to add SoundToggle, FXVolume, MusicToggle and MusicVolume to the avaiable userdef structures?

Well.. these are more user preferences than game state IMO, so I tend to be more conservative as far as exposing them is concerned. Preferably, we'd have "functions"/"commands"/whatever that wrap these so that they're (at least) restored after a certain point, maybe at game end? Or we should have another set of volume/toggle variables specifically meaning "free for the user".

User is offline   Fox 

I only want to read these values.

That doesn't work, it simply returns an invalid level error, so you are forced to define a blank file for an unusued episode...

We do need a new command that can stop a track, or play the title/briefing/loading music.

This post has been edited by Fox: 01 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

• Weaponized Autism

More music customization will come at the same time I add the currently playing music to savegames, which will come eventually! I promise.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Will someone upload a grp and corresponding grpinfo file somewhere that I can use to debug the problems that have been reported with the grp list extension feature? I know a couple of them have been posted in this thread but I'm a bit strapped for time right now and am more interested in just fixing the problem than I am in wasting time trying to reproduce it. Thanks!

• The Truth is in here

Here's a test pack for DaikariN (1.7 MB). EDuke32 hangs already before the groupfile selection menu.

As mentioned before, lostduke.grp seems to have a problem with c&c.map for some reason, but I can't find what's wrong here.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

BTW just saw helix that you changed ANGRANGE and ZRANGE to accept any value, much appreciated :)

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJames, on 01 May 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

BTW just saw helix that you changed ANGRANGE and ZRANGE to accept any value, much appreciated :)

Oh wow, that's a big deal. Now we can have +X% accuracy bonuses on hitscan weapons :)

Thanks, Helix!

EDIT: Is there now a way to prevent the pistol from auto-hitting any enemy under the crosshair?

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 01 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

• el fundador

I fixed the grpinfo problem I think. Sorry about that, guys!

• The Truth is in here

View PostTerminX, on 01 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Confirmed, works for me now (r3723). Thumbs up!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 May 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Oh wow, that's a big deal. Now we can have +X% accuracy bonuses on hitscan weapons :)

Thanks, Helix!

EDIT: Is there now a way to prevent the pistol from auto-hitting any enemy under the crosshair?

Is my CON solution not what you're looking for?

View PostTerminX, on 01 May 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Still can't add more than 5 GRP's. in the listbox.

• el fundador

Screenshot? Maybe you're getting hit by the issue where we're not really compliant with Windows running at a higher than normal DPI and the scrollbar on the listbox is just being cut off.

• The Truth is in here

It shouldn't matter how many groups you have added. For example, my config runs fine like this:

Spoiler

As you can see, I have currently added 8 groupfiles. My guess is that at least one of the files you use might be corrupt or still doesn't work with EDuke32 for some reason.
(BTW don't be surprised if some of the CRC values don't match the files you can download since I have edited some of them, mostly to include required con files to provide "all-in-one" solutions.)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Why everybody calls it "Last Reaction & Water Bases" instead of "Duke Nukem 3D: Aquatic"?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostFox, on 01 May 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Why everybody calls it "Last Reaction & Water Bases" instead of "Duke Nukem 3D: Aquatic"?

Because no one calls it Aquatic. Even Dukeworld advertised it as LR&WB when it was released.

That works. I was using a separate grpinfo file for each grp file.

• The Truth is in here

View PostSkulldog, on 02 May 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

That works. I was using a separate grpinfo file for each grp file.

Omg xD It's really not required, pal. One file for all will do fine. :)

In general, this feature is really great, it makes addon setups a lot easier, you don't even have to put groupfiles into separate folders any more.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostNightFright, on 02 May 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Omg xD It's really not required, pal. One file for all will do fine. :)

In general, this feature is really great, it makes addon setups a lot easier, you don't even have to put groupfiles into separate folders any more.

So can all the group files go in one folder, other than running along side eduke32.exe?

• The Truth is in here

Errrr... I think that won't work. At least it didn't for me, I put some groups into a subdir with the groupinfo file, EDuke32 won't find it (even if you select it as "custom content" dir in the launcher). Both the info file and the addon grps apparently have to be in the same dir as duke3d.grp and eduke32.exe. At least that's what I know so far.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Share this topic:

• 213 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options