Duke4.net Forums: Urea 51 (PC version) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urea 51 (PC version)  "An infamous level from Saturn version of DN3D"

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Urea 51 is one of the most obscure Duke 3D levels, coming straight from the Sega Saturn version of Duke Nukem 3D, originally made by Lobotomy Software. So, when I finally got my own Saturn and played the game, I couldn't resist not to make a PC version of the level. I ported the level without using any converting tools and it's slightly different from the original version (the layout is the same, though). I also used some tricks to emulate the features of the SlaveDriver engine. Have fun!

P.S - the original version is hard as hell, because of the instant deathtraps, and it took me many tries to complete. God I hate the Saturn Port, it's so unfair at times.

EDuke 32 download
Steam version

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 27 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Great job.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Great recreation!

User is offline   ReaperMan 

The toilet is just amazing.

User is offline   MetHy 

A recreation in DN3D of the recreation of DN3D !

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I am waiting for what brownfarted will say.

User is offline   MetHy 

Am I supposed to play with Polymer to try to imitate the dynamic lights of the Saturn version?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Didn't Urea 51 require you to look around and shoot some buttons while being carried by a crane? I thought you couldn't do that in the PC version?

User is offline   MetHy 

Just played, it's a bit different but it works.

User is offline   Sanek 

Wtf i have just played...
Looks really weird, but interesting enough, for official Duke level not released on PC version .

User is offline   zykov eddy 

View PostMetHy, on 27 October 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Am I supposed to play with Polymer to try to imitate the dynamic lights of the Saturn version?

No Polymer lights, sadly

View PostMicky C, on 27 October 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

Didn't Urea 51 require you to look around and shoot some buttons while being carried by a crane? I thought you couldn't do that in the PC version?

Two con tricks are required to make a fully faithful version of the map - the crane hack and a toilet sprite hack for the conveyor area. I tried my best to make a map without using con (also, I wanted to make it compatable with Megaton Edition).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options