Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms is back. Anthology now available! - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms is back. Anthology now available!  "3D Realms is back!"

This is great but the installer would be more useful if you could select what games you want to install rather than being forced to install all of them at once.

View PostLunick, on 23 October 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

You have less than 48 hours to get it at the $20 price tag though.

On sale for a limited time and do I get to re-download the Anthology for free like GOG.com?

View Postuh . . . ., on 23 October 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

Not exactly the best place to ask, but when is the 1.5 patch coming for the GOG version of ROTT coming out?

Hmm. That. And I would like to see GOG Duke Nukem 3D get updated with Duke it out in D.C., Duke Caribbean, and Nuclear Winter addons. Addons in a DOSBox enviroment instead of Megaton Edition. The GOG & Steam version of Shadow Warrior has Wanton Destruction & Twin Dragon. I don't want to sound like a broken record on that one.

One thing. I think the reason Balls of Steel isn't on the Anthology is that game is desinged for Windows only according to the supporting OSs on GOG.com.

Hmm. Why is Dark Ages not on the Anthology?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 24 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

User is offline   Skulldog 

Good to see a new website for 3D Realms. 3D Realms Anthology now installed. Roll that beautiful bean footage news TerminX!

View PostHigh Treason, on 24 October 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

The FTP is offline :)

So... Nobody else is bothered about this? What about the patches, sharewares and random bits and pieces that were there? Anybody have a mirror of it? Or am I going to have to put mine (outdated) online.

Seems there are several mirrors, though they are HTTP mirrors.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 25 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostHigh Treason, on 25 October 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

So... Nobody else is bothered about this? What about the patches, sharewares and random bits and pieces that were there? Anybody have a mirror of it? Or am I going to have to put mine (outdated) online.

I don't know, maybe they'll put the files in the FTP on the new 3DR site...just not too worry about this... :3

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That is worrying.

User is offline   arveja 

The Re-Rockestrated Soundtrack is simply amazing! :)

User is offline   Kyanos 

So... Nobody else is bothered about this? What about the patches

That is worrying.

Attached File  patches.png (294.99K)
Number of downloads: 264

Anyways, default install of Duke3D put this on my desktop. :)
Attached File  Capture2.PNG (58.38K)
Number of downloads: 233

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHigh Treason, on 25 October 2014 - 04:05 AM, said:

I am worried as well.

Worry not folks, there's a good mirror here from long ago. I can't speak for how complete it is, but it appears to have everything :

ftp://ftp.gamers.org...p.3drealms.com/

There's also this "big package" :

https://freelibs.org...m-20090517.html

Note that the "Stuff" sub-folder isn't under either of those links (with the level editors etc), but is available here :

ftp://ftp.gamers.org....com/downloads/

This post has been edited by RunningWild: 25 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

EDIT: Aha! That FTP mirror should do it, except the URL is silly long and I am going to hate remembering that on the DOS Prompt. I'll fix this damn thing myself.

As a last note, I at least think the 3DR site should have the released sources available, they don't appear to be there.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 25 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostHigh Treason, on 25 October 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

EDIT: Aha! That FTP mirror should do it, except the URL is silly long and I am going to hate remembering that on the DOS Prompt. I'll fix this damn thing myself.

As a last note, I at least think the 3DR site should have the released sources available, they don't appear to be there.

Pst! ftp://ftp.gamers.org...lms.com/source/

That's not the point, 3D Realms should be distributing that as per their own licensing as far as I know.

I'm not disputing that. But these problems are circumventable via other sites such as the ones I listed. The license is contained withing the source archive.

It's safe to assume, until we're told otherwise, that the license is grandfathered in under the 3D Realms new ownership and is the same. Considering though that eduke32 comes with the Anthology, it's also safe to assume that they're ok with existing source licenses. If 3D Realms 2.0 wants to revise the license, then I'm sure they'll issue a new one eventually.

That said, it'd be nice if they posted the old downloads page somewhere, or point to one of these mirrors as to make it official that this is where people are to go to obtain old patches et al. In the meantime, these links are what we've got to work with.

This post has been edited by RunningWild: 25 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDrek, on 25 October 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Attachment patches.png

Anyways, default install of Duke3D put this on my desktop. :)
Attachment Capture2.PNG

Can you tell me what the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Uninstall info is for this?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostRunningWild, on 25 October 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

it's also safe to assume that they're ok with existing source licenses.

Legally, they can never retract the original release.

View PostHendricks266, on 25 October 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Legally, they can never retract the original release.

True, but they can issue a non-retroactive revisement of the license going forward. But I doubt they'll bother. It wouldn't add any value for them.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostHendricks266, on 25 October 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Can you tell me what the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Uninstall info is for this?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3DRealms\Duke Nukem 3D

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDrek, on 25 October 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3DRealms\Duke Nukem 3D

What are the keys in there? Can you export a .reg of it and quote the file contents here?

View PostHendricks266, on 25 October 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

What are the keys in there? Can you export a .reg of it and quote the file contents here?

I'm guessing you're making the edukexx.exe look for that DIR for the Duke game data?

• Weaponized Autism

Yeah. I have the Anthology from the contest but not the individual games. If someone could give me this information for Shadow Warrior too, I would appreciate it.

This is awesome. Not sure about the new site (I prefer the old the most), but at least whoever is in charge of 3D Realms now is releasing all (or most) of their classics in that big package... A a big physical package, I should say. It's a shame their not including Pray and the Max Payne games with the anthology (and there's no price listing for Prey or Max Payne yet), but hopefully they will sell those games as well on the new site.

If only id followed suit, and rereleased all of its games in an id Anthology 2. There's a bunch of classic game companies which are very stingy with selling their old games,

Now with the new management, where will 3D Realms go next? Do you think the new 3D Realms will pump new life into the old game licenses? I'd like to see them be more flexible with community mods than the previous 3D Realms.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostHendricks266, on 25 October 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Yeah. I have the Anthology from the contest but not the individual games. If someone could give me this information for Shadow Warrior too, I would appreciate it.

You do have them, or I least I do from one purchase of the anthology. Look under my games on the 3DR website.

• Weaponized Autism

The only item credited to my account was the Anthology itself. Not the individual games, and not the soundtrack. I don't know if this is intended or was an oversight.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3DRealms\Duke Nukem 3D]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\3DRealms\\Duke Nukem 3D"

and

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3DRealms\Shadow Warrior]
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\3DRealms\\Shadow Warrior"

This post has been edited by Drek: 25 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Thanks, Drek!

• Weaponized Autism

The GRP files are located in those folders?

User is offline   Kyanos 

C:\Program Files (x86)\3DRealms\Duke Nukem 3D\Duke Nukem 3D\DUKE3D.GRP

C:\Program Files (x86)\3DRealms\Shadow Warrior\Shadow Warrior\Sw.grp

You're welcome guys.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostFlying Techbot, on 25 October 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

It's a shame their not including Pray and the Max Payne games with the anthology (and there's no price listing for Prey or Max Payne yet), but hopefully they will sell those games as well on the new site.

They don't own those games anymore, they cant sell what they don't own. Also its PREY not PRAY...

Posted Image

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 25 October 2014 - 11:07 PM

I know it's Prey. I thought I did it with an "e," but it turns out my eyesight was flawed and I misplaced my vowel at that moment. Sorry about that.

Back on the topic of the product, it seems that the new 3D Realms doesn't accept debit cards anymore. And the site used to allow Pay Pal, but not anymore. I wonder why they made that decision.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options