Duke4.net Forums: Last night I had a Blood Dragon dream, and it was so awesome that I just gotta share it - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last night I had a Blood Dragon dream, and it was so awesome that I just gotta share it

Remember what a crazy story that game had? Well, last night I dreamed that Ubisoft was making Blood Dragon 2, and the story of that game was even crazier.

It started by establishing that our real timeline and the Blood Dragon timeline coexist, and their point of divergence is many centuries in the future. There, an artificial intelligence had created an army of machines which were sent to invade various points in the past, introducing future technology centuries before its creation, with the goal to "upgrade the timeline".
The ultimate result of the temporal invasion was a place that could be described as "Blood Dragon, taken to the extreme". Everything glowed in neon colors and had metallic parts, even the ground. A new animal was introduced, even stronger than the blood dragon: a cyber-sandworm, completely glowing in magenta, with a tangle of black circuit lines on its surface, that ate blood dragons, chewing them with teeth that looked and worked like circular saws. Why? Rule of cool, of course.

The game was a first-person sandbox where you played as Rex Colt again, and you could choose whether to ally yourself with humans (to save our timeline) or with machines (to save the Blood Dragon timeline) and the environment around you changed from realistic to Blood Dragon-like or viceversa multiple times during the game, depending on which faction was winning at the moment. There was even a fake plot twist where the leader of the temporal invasion was apparently revealed to be a revived Spider, acting as emperor of the machines, but was actually just an anthropomorphic robot wearing Spider's skin.

So what do you think? Would you like to see a game like that as much as I do now? :)
And before you ask: no, that dream wasn't the product of any drug. My imagination is just that wild.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I'm aware that the term "cool story bro" generally has a negative connotation, but that really was a cool story...uh, bro? :) I also hope someone from Ubisoft reads your post and gets at least some inspiration from it. :)

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 20 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options