Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms Kickass Moments Contest! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms Kickass Moments Contest!  "Enter to win a 3D Realms t-shirt and other prizes!"

User is offline   Lunick 

So the video comes out tomorrow?

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 21 October 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

One day left :)

You and 3DRealms I swear ya like doing that to me hehehe, Well I can't wait to see it

This post has been edited by Duke64 Galactic Alliance: 22 October 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 21 October 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

One day left :)

for a moment. i thought the contest was canned

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

View PostLunick, on 21 October 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

So the video comes out tomorrow?

Yes!

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 22 October 2014 - 02:34 AM, said:

Yes!

Awesome, can't wait!

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Getting ready!

http://www.3drealms.com

User is online   Player Lin 

Can't wait it opens...

9AM PST...3 hours later... and it's 00:00AM of next day(2014/10/24) on my time zone...great.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 23 October 2014 - 05:17 AM, said:

9AM PST...3 hours later... and it's 00:00AM of next day(2014/10/24) on my time zone...great.

It's 12:17am here...

View PostLunick, on 23 October 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

It's 12:17am here...

At least you're still in "today". :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Cut the man some slack! It's only 11:50pm here.

Btw Fred for future reference, please try to keep the "tomorrow!" hint to within 24 hours. Otherwise you're just prolonging the wait for my pal Lunick and I compared to the rest of the world. Not to mention all the Kiwis.

Edit: How is he in "today"?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 23 October 2014 - 05:22 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 23 October 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

Btw Fred for future reference, please try to keep the "tomorrow!" hint to within 24 hours. Otherwise you're just prolonging the wait for my pal Lunick and I compared to the rest of the world. Not to mention all the Kiwis.

Edit: How is he in "today"?

I am not sure if it is possible to keep a release for "today" for everyone and still be convenient for most people. I was hoping it wouldn't have been an American time slot though but oh well, I'm not staying up for this :)

Where are you from Lunick?

Well, hopefully they'll accept me in 3D Realms forums, my account hasn't been registrered yet.. :/

User is offline   omglazerkittens 

• 3D Realms Marketing Director

View PostLunick, on 23 October 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

I am not sure if it is possible to keep a release for "today" for everyone and still be convenient for most people. I was hoping it wouldn't have been an American time slot though but oh well, I'm not staying up for this :)

Two more hours :)

So 17.09 then :)

I guess it's only on "next day" if your time zone is UTC +8hrs ~ +14hrs when the site launches.

(And PST is UTC -7hrs.)

EDIT: I could be wrong if Lunick still live in Australia... :\

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 October 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostPlayer Lin, on 23 October 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

I guess it's only on "next day" if your time zone is UTC +8hrs ~ +14hrs when the site launches.

(And PST is UTC -7hrs.)

Yes. 9:00AM Pacific is go time :)

It's LIVE!!!!
Check out the new site: www.3drealms.com
The newest blogpost has the trailer :)

WINNERS:
NUKEMDAVE
bh1002
Lunick
Marphy Black
Hendricks266

I'll be contacting you all shortly in a private message.

This post has been edited by omglazerkittens: 23 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I see my footage came in handy at 0:08 of your Major Stryker trailer:

View PostHendricks266, on 23 October 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

I see my footage came in handy at 0:08 of your Major Stryker trailer:

Just double checked, that one was our original footage. Most of the clips are our own. :)

• Weaponized Autism

View Postomglazerkittens, on 23 October 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Just double checked, that one was our original footage. Most of the clips are our own. :)

Uh, no. Compare 0:08 to 0:13 of your trailer to about 0:37 to 0:42 of my submission:

View PostHendricks266, on 23 October 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Uh, no. Compare 0:08 to 0:13 of your trailer to about 0:37 to 0:42 of my submission:

Hmmm... I believe you :)
*adds you to the winner list*

I noticed... FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!

Nah, just kidding, congratulations to the winners.

The guy playing Terminal Velocity really sucks though. :P

• Weaponized Autism

View Postomglazerkittens, on 23 October 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hmmm... I believe you :)
*adds you to the winner list*

Thank you.

User is online   zykov eddy 

So, basically, there's no difference between a "kickass moment" and a "regular gameplay" moment? I only I knew that, I would record some regular (but still kickin') gameplay from ROTT for you to use, instead of wasting my time recording cool, kickass features from the game.

Though, I doubt you'd use it anyway. It seems like you're fine with recording your own footage instead of using something similiar from the entries.

View Postzykov eddy, on 23 October 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

So, basically, there's no difference between a "kickass moment" and a "regular gameplay" moment? I only I knew that, I would record some regular (but still kickin') gameplay from ROTT for you to use, instead of wasting my time recording cool, kickass features from the game.

Though, I doubt you'd use it anyway. It seems like you're fine with recording your own footage instead of using something similiar from the entries.

It was ultimately up to our designers which clips were chosen.

Against my better judgement...

I think it might have been somewhat down to who was more prominent in the community as I can think of several users who submitted clips almost identical to or better than what is shown in the main trailer and the smaller ones - mostly the smaller ones, but they aren't part of the cool crowd like all but one of our winners.

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

I think it might have been somewhat down to who was more prominent in the community as I can think of several users who submitted clips almost identical to or better than what is shown in the main trailer and the smaller ones - mostly the smaller ones, but they aren't part of the cool crowd like all but one of our winners.

I can assure you this is not the case.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Look, you're right. I didn't even submit a video and I won. You win some, you lose some, dude. Don't get broken up about it, you look jelly.

It was only an observation, though I had reasons for being slightly suspicious.

For the record, it's not so much my submissions I'm bothered about because my quality was lower and occasionally frame rate dropped due to me using period correct hardware, but I can certainly think of other users who submitted better footage.

Perhaps, then, this whole thing wasn't well organized, I mean, we have a site that has a broken layout in a common browser and one of two scenarios;
> Hendricks's footage was not meant to be used as this isn't in the main trailer - in which case, somebody did not organize the files well at all.
> Hendricks's footage was meant to be used, which is fine because it's brilliant - but I think some of the other trailers had better footage submitted by other users so wonder why it wasn't used.

Edit: Like to add, when I say better I was implying better than the Interceptor footage and not the user footage that was selected.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 23 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Because you're right, it was a popularity contest which is why I won and you didn't. Don't be a sore loser, it's okay. You and Colon Semicolon (your name change ain't foolin' nobody) might be cool one day.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options